Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
pwwnd123

Why Today's Society Is Almost Nearly Corrupted.

Rate this topic

Salaam everyone.

I am getting this odd feeling that this current age of digital technology may describe a couple of the signs foretold by our holy prophet.

I mean one of the signs is that people will cary music. People are carrying iPods and other stuff like that.

Next there are video games like Call of Duty which many people are starting to get addicted into. Today's youth are completely brainwashed by these games and it encourages violence. People are starting to be violent due to these games that they play on their PlayStation 3's, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One and PC. It is leading to corruption. Music is starting to become widespread and it is played just about everywhere in public. Younger kids are being influenced by this media. Could this be a possiblity that we are slowly approaching the age of ignorance? They misbehave with their peers and injustly with others.

Video games are currently the fastest highest grossing means of entertainment. People chase after them including myself which is kinda tricky for my to stop myself. People are almost starting to be distracted from the worship of Allah. They start thinking about buying the latest Call of Duty. People are being addicted to social networks like Facebook and Twitter and gaming services like Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. Today's younger teens start looking at innappropriate haraam pictures. What could this all mean? I get this weird feeling that we may be close to the age of ignorance. Video games seem unavoidable and people just can't keep away from them. This is widespread in North America and Europe. Younger Muslims start following pop stars like Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, PSY, Justin Timberlake among others and can't stay away from them. They are nearly compelled to go towards them.

There are too many sins being committed and people are wasting their time with this Call of Duty stuff.

There is too much bloodshed going around the world in the Middle East and Gaza and so many other places. It seems that our current era is being filled with curruption and injustice. We are losing some dear momins in a few places and they are being killed. It makes me feel sad. We hear lot's of problems going on around the world and it is heard in the news all the time.

Does this all seem true and reasonable or are almost all of the signs of the last age are starting to come true one by one? What are your thoughts on this? It makes me fear so much.

Wsalam,

People are killing eachother for games. Brothers are killing eachother. It's crazy that we have reached to this level. It's sad that people are dying in masses in iraq and syria,the latest news has turned into the old news,what can get worse then this.

Music is played in shops,so people can buy goods,it's all pschological. Video games only make the indivadul violent and angery. It also builds stress when you dont reach the level you want. It's a way of escaping from reality.

I think that alot of sign have appered,but I still think we have another 40 years to go before a big sign happens. The years are going quickey,you sleep and wake up and the day is gone. What's scary is the time,it never stops and the corruption will only grow,we cant stop it. Not even with time will it stop.

It's a crazy,scary and inconsistent world.

This is rediculous.

Ive played videogames my entire life, and i am one of the most non violent people you would ever know. And that can be said for many "gamers",  Also, some of the most violent people out here, actually arent people who play video games. 

Same goes for music. Some music actually promotes peace and love.

I bet if ISIS listened to music and played more fun games including video games, theyd probably be a bit more peaceful.

Edited by iCambrian

^ Most of the ISIS personnel's training probably consisted of playing "Call of Duty"

And they probably listen to music, too.

I don't know where you get these ideas of yours. You can't simply decide that something is true without any rational or scientific basis.

And I'm not saying that video games are bad, mind you. I am just saying that your image of ISIS is very false and your dream that if ISIS just sat down and played some Ecco the Dolphin they would become a bunch of doves, is a nonsensical one.

^ Most of the ISIS personnel's training probably consisted of playing "Call of Duty"

And they probably listen to music, too.

I don't know where you get these ideas of yours. You can't simply decide that something is true without any rational or scientific basis.

And I'm not saying that video games are bad, mind you. I am just saying that your image of ISIS is very false and your dream that if ISIS just sat down and played some Ecco the Dolphin they would become a bunch of doves, is a nonsensical one.

Ill just let this one go.

Reality shows us that video games are not a key source of voilent thoughts actions or ideas.  Ask the Japanese who have a culture engulfed in video games.

If people cant understand this, its not my problem.

Edited by iCambrian

Regular men used to slaughter animals on a regular basis, regular men used to go to a war on a regular basis, regular men used to watch gladiators and violent sports regularly. If anything, here in the Western world, crime rates are decreasing, and people are less exposed to violence than in places and ages away from modern technology. I don't buy the argument that video games cause violence. The average World of Warcraft addict probably spends hours playing everyday - they're generally not the ones you'd expect to break into a house or murder others. I agree that modern technology has a place in the end times, but to blame violence on video games begs the question of why we were violent before there even were such games. Clearly Call of Duty is not the only factor, or even necessarily a major factor, to human violence.

I bet if ISIS listened to music and played more fun games including video games, theyd probably be a bit more peaceful.

I don't know man. I don't think the current state of their mentality has any correlation with them being deprived of playing games or the likes of that.

They surely are playing, and from the looks of it, it's not peaceful.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QhbX0Kt9s_I

Again, on a more serious note, I believe the bigger problem that we are facing here from these guys roots more back to the ideology they are being radicalized into and fighting for. Every other effect, including physiological effects which plays some role in radicalizing them comes secondary.

Edited by Al-Najashi

There is always an age of ignorance, because knowledge is only achieved when individuals make a personal decision to learn, and in all ages there will be the majority who are ignorant and a minority who are learned.

I agree video games are bad for us and society at large, since it makes you forget you real world problems, allows you to escape the real world. This can be very harmful because escaping the real world does not solve your problems, it distracts the general public and allows their leaders to do corruption without fear of public anger.

Lol @ Al-Najashi that GTA game is so funny

Edited by SF Taha

Every year someone makes a post like this, and we all repeat the same garbage. Here is the clue, those in control, repeat the same patterns through out history using different groups, but the words and ideas are always the same.

Every year someone makes a post like this, and we all repeat the same garbage. Here is the clue, those in control, repeat the same patterns through out history using different groups, but the words and ideas are always the same.

maybe someone wants to change his answer from what he said last year?

It is the question that repeats in all midterms and finale.

And each time you give a different answer 

People are corrupt because they like it this way.

Anyways since we are in the month Muharram.  It is the time to start thinking about Karbala and the future jihad against Sufyani and Dajjal. I have read a book called Is Dajjal's Coming Emminent that discussed some of the issues of today's society. Our society grows much much worse as the years progress and once the schollers that we have now will start to pass away, there may be lot's of chaos. There will be doubt about things.

Here is another problem with today's society: Magazines 

I swear it makes me fear that I don't want to look at magazines with a lot of women shown immodestly. Lot's of magazines show women immodestly and it makes me feel uncomfortable to read them. Seriously, this western society is so corrupted with immodest women being shown in magazines and clothing designers controlling them.

This also happens in video games as well where sometimes women look immodestly dressed that it makes that one particular game with that particular character haraam to play unless if we can avoid looking that character. Sure there are Nintendo game franchises like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokemon among others which are safe most of the time. I mean female Mario characters like Peach, Daisy, Rosalina and Pauline are perfectly safe characters to look at most games they appear in. Sure they fulfill some of the modesty requirements but miss some of them. There are 3 games where Peach isn't that modest like she normally is, like in the Mario Strikers games and Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. The Metroid series had the female protagonist Samus Aran half dressed (or the Justin Bailey thing which the fans call it by) in the best endings of 4 of it's games (Metroid, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion) but it only lasts for a few seconds or so.

But other than that, we are living in a corrupted society with haraam influences, things that may drive a person insane, immodesty as a way to promote some clothing and attract magazines readers, and immodesty in entertainment media like movies and video games. It is problematic.

Edited by mustafac2000

You know, not all models are being "controlled". I happen to know a couple models and they really enjoy and love what they do. I think youre a bit on the conservative side with your views ^.  Understand that not everyone is going to view the world the way you do. And just because some people are different, doesnt mean theyre corrupted.