Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Laayla

Fassad Book

Rate this topic

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Was this idea put through a vote by the Admins and mods?

You all know fassadbook has a feature called tag photo. If you shared a facial photo of yourself they recognize the face to the name.

Dear sister enlight, habibti hiding? Me? Noor al 3yn, I am a law abiding citizen for the most part( have passed red lights and not stopped on stop signs). Alhamd'Allah I am not a danger to anyone I fear my Creator, I would never do dhulm on anyone. However, I do take precaution of others who do not wish the same for me since my political and religious standpoint is a threat to my enemies. I not only protect my identity but of my family as well. Whether you like to believe it or not, shias are a threat to a lot of gov'ts and do not like the fact that some Shias are holding power and have a voice Alhamd'Allah.

I don't like how many shi3s have been sucked up by these social medias and have voluntarily gave information about there personal lives to the enemy so easily. I remember my sheikh telling us how the mominean would protect one another from the mo5abarat, when they would come to arrest them they would tear up there address books and swallow the papers so they wouldn't go after the people they had listed. I mean why are people so naive now and become stupid and negligent. Very sad to see many people careless and soooo consumed in this web of deception and satanic ways. Allah swt guide this ummah with the reappearance of our Imam.

Please reconsider removing fb. Weigh the options of pros and cons, I'm sure you will see it is more harmful then good. Wa Allahu A3lam.

Thank you.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Fight to last drop of blood....or last post perhaps!

I have noticed this too. We old timers who made SC and other such discussions boards a habit before social networking sites came in vogue tend to still stick around. But newer members, I have observed, come and go rather quickly; they have more platforms now than we did a decade or so ago.

It might just as well that we're fighting a losing battle?

Message boards are the clearly superior set-up. It allows for the exchange of ideas without all the bells and whistles, bright colors, shameless narcissism, etc...

There will always be a place for message boards because there will always be people who want to engage in discussions on the internet without inviting everyone to come to their home and murder their family.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Was this idea put through a vote by the Admins and mods?

You all know fassadbook has a feature called tag photo. If you shared a facial photo of yourself they recognize the face to the name.

Dear sister enlight, habibti hiding? Me? Noor al 3yn, I am a law abiding citizen for the most part( have passed red lights and not stopped on stop signs). Alhamd'Allah I am not a danger to anyone I fear my Creator, I would never do dhulm on anyone. However, I do take precaution of others who do not wish the same for me since my political and religious standpoint is a threat to my enemies. I not only protect my identity but of my family as well. Whether you like to believe it or not, shias are a threat to a lot of gov'ts and do not like the fact that some Shias are holding power and have a voice Alhamd'Allah.

I don't like how many shi3s have been sucked up by these social medias and have voluntarily gave information about there personal lives to the enemy so easily. I remember my sheikh telling us how the mominean would protect one another from the mo5abarat, when they would come to arrest them they would tear up there address books and swallow the papers so they wouldn't go after the people they had listed. I mean why are people so naive now and become stupid and negligent. Very sad to see many people careless and soooo consumed in this web of deception and satanic ways. Allah swt guide this ummah with the reappearance of our Imam.

Please reconsider removing fb. Weigh the options of pros and cons, I'm sure you will see it is more harmful then good. Wa Allahu A3lam.

Thank you.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

I agree with you overall, although I don't necessarily think governments are the main concern here.

It has been shown that a lot of facebook's violation of privacy are done for the sake of market research rather than government spying.

There was a recent issue with the facebook mobile app where it was revealed that facebook can hear through your microphone while you type. Apparently, the reason for this was so that they could overhear what was playing on your TV or radio and present you with advertisements which seem appropriate for you.

And I also think there is a generational difference. People who are in their mid-20s and above, tend to be distrustful of social media (even if, in action, they completely capitulate and submit to its will). But people in their late teens really don't have any idea what privacy is. They were born in a world of oversaturation. They are past that threshold. Once those people reach their 30s and 40s, forget about it; all this stuff will be old news. Everyone will accept getting strip-searched and probed at airports, and Coca Cola will be able to broadcast ads directly into your brain, etc.

Sister Laayla

(salam)

Don't be alarmed by this in the least. It is only a way for users to log onto ShiaChat and post with their FB identity without having to go through the procedure of registering, e-mails, creating passwords and all that. Nothing more. It can, in no way, affect your privacy as it exists now.

Sister Laayla

(salam)

Don't be alarmed by this in the least. It is only a way for users to log onto ShiaChat and post with their FB identity without having to go through the procedure of registering, e-mails, creating passwords and all that. Nothing more. It can, in no way, affect your privacy as it exists now.

But through this, shiachat is assisting facebook in its monopoly. That's the problem here.

This facebook login...everywhere I go on the internet they ask me if I want to login through facebook.

NO I DON'T.

It's like they are asking me to let them enter my room, check how I look into the mirror, see what I'm wearing, evaesdrop on with whom I'm talking, where I'm going, how many minutes I spent taking a bath.....

This facebook login...everywhere I go on the internet they ask me if I want to login through facebook.

NO I DON'T.

It's like they are asking me to let them enter my room, check how I look into the mirror, see what I'm wearing, evaesdrop on with whom I'm talking, where I'm going, how many minutes I spent taking a bath.....

Out of curiosity........how many minutes do you spend taking a bath, on average?

Salams,

This thread has gotten me out of hiding.

This is a very simplistic view of the Internet (and the world in general) if you think Facebook is the (only) devil in disguise.  Although he majority have mentioned these points, lets reiterate.

Only people who have Facebook and using this feature to login to ShiaChat will be "associated" and "tracked" by Facebook.  Regular members with regular logins will not.  This is a single sided trust, not both ways.  Facebook is trusting ShiaChat, ShiaChat is not trusting Facebook.

Having said that, it is very gullible to think that if you stay off of social media sites such as Facebook you're safe from the "evil eyes" of the government.  In fact, everything from your laptop hardware, to Operating system, to browser, to your  router, to your ISP, to the Internet backbone to the datacenter shiachat is hosted on to the servers, to the OS of these servers, down to the application that Shiachat runs (this forum software) could possibly have access points to "big brother".  Lets take it a step further, as I've mentioned before and I will continue to mention.  I have and will continue to provide information to authorities if and when requested; this is clearly stated in our user policy and it is to protect this website and its members from our common enemies.  This is the world we live in and unless you decide to disconnect all together, you're being watched and should be accountable on what you do online.

There is a cool Iraqi old school song..  Yumma nitalni il ouuti, soochi li3abit ibwaiyara..  Avoid the wire an you wont get the natla ;)

I have and will continue to provide information to authorities if and when requested

Jesus Hernandez Christ..... You sir are a snitch. A rat. Thankfully I'm safe from the treachery of the likes of you, all the website admins, as my internet connection is wireless and registered to someone who doesn't know me and will get caught if it comes to that. And thats the only working method to "protect your online privacy". Sadly, it may not work in all countries.

I am aware of a case of an SC member who usually posts very loud anti-West and pro-resistance posts . The guys reading him thought him a threat, a potential terrorist! So when he landed at an American airport on his way back from somewhere, he was stopped and questioned about his statements on SC and other online platforms. But they let him go.

What we say on SC has consequences. Beware. And it applies more to those of you living in the West thinking you're safe and have your freedoms to say whatever you like and all that music.

Let me clear user layla in some technical points if she is not feelings easy.

One of the biggest Ayatullah and Marja , Ayatullah Sistani website : sistani.org is on IP 174.36.234.52 which is in Virginia USA. Any website is having 2 things a domain + files. Domain is sistani.org and files where website text/video content are saved. And these all files are hosted on a server which is located in web by IP address 174.36.234.52 when domain -> target -> 174.36.234.52 it make connection and that domain will start showing those files and all this process when combined made a website.

Shiachat.com is hosted on 74.208.102.38 which is in Kansas , USA.

So all sites where u think nobody is watching you or your message is not true. Every site is hosted in some place and that place is connected with whole world web netwrork. So Datacenter are able to check those files and there content. You once connected to internet .. even your PC Mac Address will get reported to your netproviders, and that Mac Address will continue get monitored and leave a Log file for whatever site you visited. Through which if ever any crime happen they can track you.

If you want more privacy more security then there is something called VPN or TOR. Virtual Private Netwrok it makes a Layer in between website < VPN IP > you. But after Silkroad network got cracked which is behind TOR network nothing is impossible.

Anythings which makes connection  point 1 > point 2 > Point 3 > Web > User it can go back in same points.

I hope u can understand now and clear your doubt.

Edited by alirex

What we say on SC has consequences. Beware. And it applies more to those of you living in the West thinking you're safe and have your freedoms to say whatever you like and all that music.

Maybe it's the platform/snitching that attracts their interest?

Because I see far more anti-western material on the comments pages of the Guardian and the anti-semitic venom on the WSJ's pages in 2008 was way more than anything we have ever seen here.

Why we should be extra careful regarding our political views? This should be a forum. We are not isis nor their incubators.

We cannot do real life activities because they are monitored and prone to legal issues, we don't have our own newspapers, we are not active political group... we are only regular men whom opinions reflect only our perception.

Net becomes dangerous only if the goodness left it due to fear.

We come to Shia chat to Learn about religion, discuss some private problems seeking a solution and posting some movies and pictures.

If only you knew,....they can actually turn you to a criminal and attribute to you a crime that you never ever met any of its parties.

And put you in jail for years without trial

And even then, noon in the world would know. People know through the main media ....

Dear layla, your country is all under Israeli supervision and they know the color of .... anyways.

Hiding won't be a solution nor committing a reckless risky anti authorial acts will support any just cause.

Balance.

I sure hope the blue color mods can not see people's IPs. No seriously. Because you have recently made notorious Wahabi apologists moderators on ShiaChat... I genuinely worry for the well being of posters because of it.

Getting snitched to big brother can't be as violent as a terrorist squad looking to silence opposition.

I sure hope the blue color mods can not see people's IPs. No seriously. Because you have recently made notorious Wahabi apologists moderators on ShiaChat... I genuinely worry for the well being of posters because of it.

Getting snitched to big brother can't be as violent as a terrorist squad looking to silence opposition.

Who in the mod team are wahabi apologists? 

Why we should be extra careful regarding our political views? This should be a forum. We are not isis nor their incubators.

We cannot do real life activities because they are monitored and prone to legal issues, we don't have our own newspapers, we are not active political group... we are only regular men whom opinions reflect only our perception.

Net becomes dangerous only if the goodness left it due to fear.

We come to Shia chat to Learn about religion, discuss some private problems seeking a solution and posting some movies and pictures.

If only you knew,....they can actually turn you to a criminal and attribute to you a crime that you never ever met any of its parties.

And put you in jail for years without trial

And even then, noon in the world would know. People know through the main media ....

Dear layla, your country is all under Israeli supervision and they know the color of .... anyways.

Hiding won't be a solution nor committing a reckless risky anti authorial acts will support any just cause.

Balance.

Having political views is ok, calling for violence and such is not. We are against such thing and so is our faith. Now if your political views are violent then you should see if it matches your faith. 

Having political views is ok, calling for violence and such is not. We are against such thing and so is our faith. Now if your political views are violent then you should see if it matches your faith. 

You have to cause violence to prevent violence.  

You have to cause violence to prevent violence.  

what kind of statement is this? Defending yourself against an aggressor is one thing. Terrorism and killing innocent civilians is another. You can't justify or defend intentional or careless killing of civilians, no matter how you twist and turn it. If anyone want's to do such a thing, they can take it elsewhere. 

Thats what I thought. They can see IPs. =/

And to answer your question boldly, erm... perhaps the only one of them who isn't shady is Haji2003. Dar, Basim and Naz being MIA. (Nothing personal btw!) The rest may be or probably are excellent mods otherwise. I just don't feel comfortable knowing that a guest star from KFC forums and Wahabi-Shia hybrids (no offense) can see my IP address, because, I don't trust them with it. Nor should others. Yes, my concern is genuine. There is a cesspool of murdering jihadists in Pakiland here and too many of our scholars, speakers and normal people from all walks of life, their families and employees have fell victim to the likes of people found on KFC.

Anyway, I get the idea from your reply that nothing much can be done about it. Well, that is okay to me at least since I have my net registered in someone else's name and have nothing to fear basically. But you might get called out on judgment day for being so careless with people's lives, or worse, heavens forbid. Shia people, no less.

In the very least, with this crew, you're a tad more liable to have a repeat of Mickey turning to the dark side.

Edited by Darth Vader