Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Khalilallah

Would It Be Offensive?

Rate this topic

Offensive or not depends on how traditional she is, but if she refuses to talk with you, you should take that as a good sign that she respects and loves her parents and doesn't want to anger them.

It can be a sound idea if you can keep emotions in check and simply inquire about practical marriage related questions (most men/women aren't capable of this).  It is best to keep a distance, formal and respectful emails can be useful.  A lot of parents these days are accommodating so it might be a good idea to just go through them.  Whatever you do, do your best to avoid an emotional mess later on.

It can be a sound idea if you can keep emotions in check and simply inquire about practical marriage related questions (most men/women aren't capable of this).  It is best to keep a distance, formal and respectful emails can be useful.  A lot of parents these days are accommodating so it might be a good idea to just go through them.  Whatever you do, do your best to avoid an emotional mess later on.

ok what about texting her on her phone, currently I am talking to her through her brothers fb, it is weird I guess.

Should I move it on to her phone?

ok what about texting her on her phone, currently I am talking to her through her brothers fb, it is weird I guess.

Should I move it on to her phone?

I am not going to tell you what to do, personally I would just ask very formal questions over an email or two, and if she does seem like someone I would be seriously interested in, I would approach her parents, otherwise totally cut contact.

Assalamu'alaykum Brother Taha,

I thought you moved on? I think you should post in this topic and say this matter is concluded or closed. You know to clear the air, avoid fitna and get rid of misunderstanding.

Wasalamu'alaykum Wr. Wb.

It may seem weird for some after having read the responses but for me ,as a girl, i would personaly perfer the guy to come and talk to me first because im the one thats involved and that makes me more confortable because if the parents are directly involved i kind of feel pressure and lack of intimacy and also i feel like its too official . I understand that some people who are very traditionnal might take it as an offense but i dont know if a lot of people are still like this considering the fact that many things have changed.. Anyways thats my personnal opinion some could disagree