In the Name of God بسم الله

Curiosity About Muslims History

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

salam to all of you i am just wondering as we say israel is occupying,doing brutal actions and likewise america invade to different countries and rob their all resources it is must not happen.but i want to know why muslim invaded to spain and subcontinent and different parts of the world.was that right,and did any shia muslim supported that kind of conquests? if yes why did they supported.because it is absolutely unacceptable to go and fight with those who have nothing to do with you.and are not harming you.Does anyone can suggest any good book on that topic.

Shias are against invading other countries, only a masoom has such a right to call for jihad in foreign lands, according to shia Islam. So we are only religiously allowed to defend ourselves and our lands, this includes all Muslim lands, not just the borders of a country, Islam does not recognize borders.

So we oppose all the conquests that were done by Sunni governments and empires in history, but Shias also have been oppressed under every Sunni government in all of history.

• Advanced Member

thank but on what basis a masoom can call for jihad.i mean if some people living in latin america have nothing against you.how you can fight with them.it is not defense.can you please elaborate this point.

Bismillah.

Salaam.

Brother! you indirectly answered your question; it is the matter of infallibility; A Masoom, who is infallible, won't act wrongly and won't wrong others. So the permission of Jihaad is been put in his hand to manage it infallibly. Another thing is that according to religious teachings especially theology, Masoom is completely performing Allah's orders without any disobedience. So he won't call for Jihaad without Allah's order.

With Duas.

Narsis.

• Advanced Member

Salam Brother & Sister,

I apologise i cannot give you the resources, but according to the info that i got, when "Islam" occupied Spain it's only for the tax (the tax from non-moslem that stayed in moslem state). The fact is, if a "true" "Islam" occupied some region it bound that region would have a moslem society. But, there's none in Spain today. Because, back at the time, when someone want to join "Islam", "they" forbid it, because if the people of Spain join Islam, where the tax come from?. History shown that at one time in Islamic History, "Islam" begun expanding their territory, but then it shrink again.

I agree with both brothers above that only a Masoom/Imam who have the right to call for Jihad. Because they're moving on the base of Allah SWT. law.

Salam Brother & Sister.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Shaniali: You asked about Spain/ Iberian Peninsula;

I college, the Moors were asked to come to relieve the persecution of Christians and Jews by the Visogoths. The rabbi who called for a jihad that was agreed to, was the one before Sokoto in the 1700s. So with Jews, Christians and Muslims coming-in from everywhere, the Visogoths didn't have much of a chance.

• Advanced Member

History shown that at one time in Islamic History, "Islam" begun expanding their territory, but then it shrink again.

Salaam again.

We cannot consider every expanding movements which had happened by those who claimed that are Islamic, as truly Islamic. For example the attack of the second caliph to Persia is not considered as an Islamic battle by Shia, rather it is counted as invasion. As I said many times there is no right for non-Masom to call for a battle against other people. The same point is applicable to the battle of Andalusia which was not by the permission of Imam (p).

With Duas.

Narsis.

• Basic Members

Bismillah.

Salaam.

Brother! you indirectly answered your question; it is the matter of infallibility; A Masoom, who is infallible, won't act wrongly and won't wrong others. So the permission of Jihaad is been put in his hand to manage it infallibly. Another thing is that according to religious teachings especially theology, Masoom is completely performing Allah's orders without any disobedience. So he won't call for Jihaad without Allah's order.

With Duas.

Narsis.

thanks you kind of clear my thoughts

• Veteran Member

Not sure if your local mosque or university have them :

1- Ibn Hisham's Sirah

2-Tarikh Al Tabari

3- Al Imamah wal Siyasah by Ibn Qutaibah

4-Tarikh Baghdad by Al Khatib Al Baghdadi

5- Hayat Al Quloub ( it is about the previous prophets stories but we consider that part of islamic history )

I am no Sufi sympathesiser but its little secret that they were the ones spreading Islam at that time. Unfortunately they did not have a large presence tgere as they did in indian sub continent. Thus Spain fell. Even the Ottomans cudnt do anything about it. Lepanto was indeed a very very sad loss and I personally mark that as a turning point of our presence in the world. From there we experienced a downward spiral from which we have not recovered.

And please do not compare us to the monsters of Israel. When the Ottommans conquered christian lands, the christians were not forced to leave their faith. In fact the Christians were integrated in the empire and many Christians were memebers of the legendary Jannisaries, the single most successful army any muslim nation ever had. This alone was unthinkable in the midlle ages.

When the legendary Sultan of Syria, Salah-ed-din Ayub, the great liberated the Holy City of Jerusalem from the crusaders, he did not kill a single Jew or Christian. He did not destroy a single church or temple. Many here will disagree but i believe Saleddin was blessed and guided by Allah. At that time the muslim were divided like they are today(i admit today its worse for muslims). That man united the lazy muslim rulers and the muslims and defeated the war hardened, experienced and better armed crusaders. If we only had a Salehddin mark2 today.

Are u honestly comparing these great muslims with the evil monsters that have overrun the holy quds?

• Advanced Member

thanks you kind of clear my thoughts

Bismillah.

Salaam brother.

Thank you so much for your respond. I looked at those Ahaadith but there was no Hadith in which crying for Imam Husain in Salaat (p) has been explicitly mentioned.

With Duas.

Narsis.