Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Golden-crowned

Few Questions About Power Of Zhikr.

Rate this topic

Sallam

It has been long time that I have been looking for a practical way to improve my spiritual life,

I basically needed some practice to get ready to increase my patience and decrease my Ego.

As I live in country of Irfan and Hikmat ( Iran) , so soon I came to know about mystic group's teachings and their Zikrs.

despite that I was so interested to start a practical path in my life, but I stopped getting close to suffi groups to learn their Zikrs.

I have been said that if you want to learn zikrs from a special suffi group, their suggested Zikrs are useful only when you accept Wilayat of the suffi master , so for this reason I never accepted to recite those zikrs.

but I have few questions, 

1-is there any way that I recite those zikrs for removing big Ego and I still- as a shia-  be under Wilayat of Imams only?

2-Zikrs are Zikrs, no matter who suggests them to you. why Zikrs dont work if I don't accept that person as my master?

3-Az a shia, I want to improve my spiritual life, how I can find zikrs that strongly help me ? yes I know so many zikrs but which zikrs are as powerful as suffi zikrs?

You don't need to accept the wilayat of a Sufi master in order to recite the blessed words of Allah .. You just need to accept the Wilayat of the prophet and it ends there.   I really believe that the root of Sufism was to Imam Ali, so as long as you accept Imam Ali, then everything is fine. 

The names of Allah (s.w.t.) have power contained within them.  What the Sufi (or Gnostic) master does is read your Nafs with your permission to determine which specific problems exist within your Nafs and advises you on which names (zikr) to do and how much to resolve the specific ailment.  It is similar to going to a doctor who performs tests and then prescribes medication, except this concerns your Nafs.  Just like taking medication that is good for you in the wrong dosage can cause harm (side effects), reciting the names of Allah (s.w.t.) excessively can have "side effects" that can cause harm.  

The source of all of the Sufi groups except for 1 emanate from Imam Ali (a.s.).  One (I forgot the name claims their Master to be Abu Bakr).  The Gnostic giants within the mainstream Shiite doctrine (Imam Khomeini (r.a.), Allameh Tabatabai (r.a.) & Ayatullah Bahjat (r.a.), etc...) also had Masters who guided them as part of their Gnostic training.  You should read "The Light within Me" by Imam Khomeini, Allameh Tabatabai and Shahid Mutaharri for more information about the Gnostic path.  

Now from my perspective on the group you are having discussion with: you are not accepting the Sufi master's Wilayah because he himself is under the Wilayah of the 12th Imam (a.s.).  You are doing spiritual taqlid.  If they insist its anything different and its actual Wilayah or he himself is not under the Wiiayah of the Prophet (s.a.w.a) or the 12 Imam (a.s.) then avoid him/them.

If you choose to go it alone, the simple one's you can recite without any issues are "La illaha Illallah" and "salawat".  The rest of the names only in moderation.  If you choose to spend long hours in zikr and focus on specific ailments than seek a guide.

Was salaam

Edited by :wayfarer786

Bismillah.

Salaam.

All Zhikrs are powerful if they have been said by a powerful person. If you want to step towards spirituality levels, there is only one way; PIETY; to do obligations and avoid forbidden deeds and prohibitions; there are many illiterate people in the world who gained highest levels of spirituality through piety. There are lots of awards for those who purified their heart like being able to listen to the Zhikrs of trees, animals, angels and etc. Even you will be able to meet Imam al-Hujjah (may Allah hasten his reappearance) if you purify your soul and you will be able to do that only through piety, not just saying some Zhikrs verbally, and this is why some, pious people can walk on sea without getting drowned or even getting wet by saying the Zhikr of "Bismillah" while others cannot do that with the same Zhikr. Therefore the powerful function of every Zhikr depends on piety of the person who is saying that.

With Duas.

Narsis.

The names of Allah (s.w.t.) have power contained within them.  What the Sufi (or Gnostic) master does is read your Nafs with your permission to determine which specific problems exist within your Nafs and advises you on which names (zikr) to do and how much to resolve the specific ailment.  It is similar to going to a doctor who performs tests and then prescribes medication, except this concerns your Nafs.  Just like taking medication that is good for you in the wrong dosage can cause harm (side effects), reciting the names of Allah (s.w.t.) excessively can have "side effects" that can cause harm.  

The source of all of the Sufi groups except for 1 emanate from Imam Ali (a.s.).  One (I forgot the name claims their Master to be Abu Bakr).  The Gnostic giants within the mainstream Shiite doctrine (Imam Khomeini (r.a.), Allameh Tabatabai (r.a.) & Ayatullah Bahjat (r.a.), etc...) also had Masters who guided them as part of their Gnostic training.  You should read "The Light within Me" by Imam Khomeini, Allameh Tabatabai and Shahid Mutaharri for more information about the Gnostic path.  

Now from my perspective on the group you are having discussion with: you are not accepting the Sufi master's Wilayah because he himself is under the Wilayah of the 12th Imam (a.s.).  You are doing spiritual taqlid.  If they insist its anything different and its actual Wilayah or he himself is not under the Wiiayah of the Prophet (s.a.w.a) or the 12 Imam (a.s.) then avoid him/them.

If you choose to go it alone, the simple one's you can recite without any issues are "La illaha Illallah" and "salawat".  The rest of the names only in moderation.  If you choose to spend long hours in zikr and focus on specific ailments than seek a guide.

Was salaam

tanx so much 

your words really helped me 

I want to spend long hours in reciting Zikrs, since I have been saying those zikrs you mentioned till now and they didn't work

its not just about how many times and hours you can recite somthing its about the stength of the zikr and who the reciter is, for one to say Allah in zikr for a million times may be as equal as another individual who says Allah once in zikr. you do require a master a this will build your strength in zikr just like praying in ramadaan gives you more then praying in any other month so too does having a master or not effect you spritually

Wilayat is only possible via the initiation of a wali of God (without which it becomes mere lip service).  In Islamic history, the first person who got initiated was Imam Ali (as).  Imam Ali (as) was initiated by none other than Muhammad Mustafa (S).  This is what the significance of the event of Ghadeer is: "man kuntu mawla, fa haza aliyun mawla".    

Secondly, dhikr is not done in or der to get something.  dhikr has to be done with sincerity.  Dhikr is done either for the sake of God's love, for seeking His mercy, or for the sake of realizing God since He is the Real and everything else is false (illusory).  Dhikr is not supposed to be done for the sake of "feeling good", "calm", or for attaining certain "spiritual powers".   Nor is it supposed to be done for the sake of attaining a certain virtue.  

Please take care

Ma'salama

MK

Sallam

It has been long time that I have been looking for a practical way to improve my spiritual life,

I basically needed some practice to get ready to increase my patience and decrease my Ego.

As I live in country of Irfan and Hikmat ( Iran) , so soon I came to know about mystic group's teachings and their Zikrs.

despite that I was so interested to start a practical path in my life, but I stopped getting close to suffi groups to learn their Zikrs.

I have been said that if you want to learn zikrs from a special suffi group, their suggested Zikrs are useful only when you accept Wilayat of the suffi master , so for this reason I never accepted to recite those zikrs.

1-is there any way that I recite those zikrs for removing big Ego and I still- as a shia-  be under Wilayat of Imams only?

2-Zikrs are Zikrs, no matter who suggests them to you. why Zikrs dont work if I don't accept that person as my master?

3-Az a shia, I want to improve my spiritual life, how I can find zikrs that strongly help me ? yes I know so many zikrs but which zikrs are as powerful as suffi zikrs?

communication with God and keeping his remembrance in mind, is a powerful factor to remove big ago, because when a person see himself in front of a powerful , limitless and omniscient existent and compare his power with the power of that exalted being, he immediately realize that he is nothing against that transcendent being.

Any expression which contain the remembrance of Allah called DHikr, we can remember God through saying Salawat, Tasbih, Takbir, by reciting supplication that we received from Ma'sumin,by reciting the Holy Quran, saying prayers both obligatory and supererogatory as the holy Quran declared ( إننی أنا الله لاإله إلا أنا فاعبدنی و أقم الصلوه لذکری) '' Indeed I am Allah there is no god except Me. So worship me, and maintain the prayer for my remembrance.

Abu Hamid Muhammd Ghizaly in his book ( Kimiyaye Sa'adat) stated that DHikr has four level:

First one is just saying expressions which contain God's remembrance. the socond level is that beside the language heart is also busy with God's remembrance the third level is that Dhikr find place in heart in a way that, if  language stop saying Dhiker,heart is engaged and busy with Dhikr, the fourth level is that Dhikr occupy all individual existence, servant don't see anything except God in the universe.

Arriving to high level of Dhikr uproot ego from   person's heart and from his essence 

At the sametime we should be under Wilayat of Imams because they appointed by God as people's guardianship ( Waly)

Sallam

I have been said that if you want to learn zikrs from a special suffi group, their suggested Zikrs are useful only when you accept Wilayat of the suffi master , so for this reason I never accepted to recite those zikrs.

1-is there any way that I recite those zikrs for removing big Ego and I still- as a shia- be under Wilayat of Imams only?

2-Zikrs are Zikrs, no matter who suggests them to you. why Zikrs dont work if I don't accept that person as my master?

Salam,

Maybe you will not see this post , maybe you will , Insha Allah .

1- YES

2-YOUR ANOLOGY IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

3-Allah

Every thing happens in a particular time , hopefully you are extremely thirsty now :)

My gift to you :

http://www.eslamazmanzareallah.org/Zekr.html

I know you will read and devour each and every line till the end of the link and If what you hear , is what you were looking for , which I am sure it is , message or let me know so I can lead you to the Ganjeh penhan keh doost dasht shenakhteh besheh.

در پناه الله

Salam ,

Zikr done properly should reveal something to you like in Salat .

Other wise according to our Imams it is just like repeating something over and over again like a mantra

Zikr has to be along with deep thinking thru out the day in your nafs.

This is a brief audio file explaining about Zikr:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n3kpbyjznibsns/zikr.mp3?dl=0

In Salat done with the highest concentration and sincerity you should either experience some vision / sound / understanding etc . Some deep experience.

Because Salat was the experience of the prophet's meraj .

Zikr is the direct contact with Allah.

When you get connected you start getting answers to your questions.

This is the reason of Zikr, and along with being under the direct supervision of Allah constantly.

There was a documentry about a convert , he without being taught was repeating Allah in himself and being a scientist ,he used to ponder about Allah and his works and had some experiences which he recalls as epiphany.

This is the link , it is very interesting:

http://www.aparat.com/v/Fa6sf/Ali_Maxwell-_My_journey_to_Islam

So depending on the capacity of your thinking and usage of intellect you download info directly from Allah . The prophet Muhammad had the highest amount of download .

This is what prophets did.

That is why Imam jafar Sadiq mentioned : knowledge is not by reading alot but is a light that enters the heart ( mind) of a believer.

Allah works with laser ( light) technology

Edited by tendersoul