Sign in to follow this  
babagrr

Visually Impaired Muslims

Rate this topic

Assallaamu alaykum,

As a visually impaired Muslim, I am interested in connecting with others who are also visually impaired or blind.

I would like to know what kind of material is available for youngsters and adults regarding Shia Islam; in accessible formats?

I have studied at an institution for the blind and can read and write Arabic Braille quite fluently.

Any useful responses would be appreciated.

Thanks and peace to all.

Salaams.

(wasalam) 

I am not aware of Braille books for the blind Muslim, but visually impaired Muslims can increase the font size on their computer to read what they are interested in. If you go to this webpage, and scroll down the page you will see many articles on Shia Islam and choose the language you wish to view: http://www.al-islam.org/nutshell/

One of the things that my relative taught me is when you copy text from a website and paste it into your word processor, you can click Ctrl + a to select all, then click on the font size to make it larger. Font size 14 is the size I like. :angel: Font size 72 is the largest.