Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
FisherKing

How Do You Prevent Jahovahs Witnesses...

Rate this topic

Bismillah 

Salamalikum

Recently I've been faced with a problem. Living in the United States, jahovahs witnesses keep coming to my door and wanting to talk to me about the bible. The first time they came, I didn't want to be rude or anything so I discussed some verses with them and we talked for a short while. When they asked about my timings I said I was very busy for the next few weeks and preoccupied, but then again two weeks later, they keep knocking on our door asking for me even when I am not around. Today they came again.

What can I do to make these people stop coming without being rude to them? I don't want to openly say that I am not interested directly to them because that would be like really mean.  

Any suggestions?

ws 

lol well, just tell them something like: "I appreciate your efforts in calling people to the path of God, but I'm happy with the path I have chosen and I wish to remain on it" u can say that ur Muslim if you want and if they really insist, tell them that you will listen to them only if they are willing to learn about Islam :) I bet they won't come back..... or maybe yes... and become Muslim... idk :o

Seriously my dad had a few Iranian Christians arguing with him with a Farsi Bible, they got pawned as my father is very learned in religion and they ran away, they are too afraid to come pick up the bible they have left behind.

Seriously, these people have no brain, they do not listen to logic, no matter how much you make it clear to them their mistakes they keep quoting some rubbish.

Very annoying, I have quit arguing with them, they NEVER LISTEN TO MY POINTS!.

(salam)

I do this a little differently. With the "witnesses" , I talk a short while and identify myself as Muslim --and having grown up with the myriad versions of evilgelicals and christians-- I ask them for a copy of "Watch Tower".  These people are not 'screwballs' as this movement began identifying 1914 and WW1 as signaling the final run-up to the Last Day. We do this on SC.

With those damned evilgelicals I use an entirely different tack: confrontation. I you weren't raised around Christians, DO NOT DO THIS.

Reason, you don't know the nuances and subtleties of arguing-to-their-defeat using their own sources. And you run a very real risk of physical violence.

One such confrontation at my own front door: Two old men who already knew I'm Muslim (evilgelicals make lists of your license plates at the mosque and then get their cohorting police to run-your-plates and start a file...yes, a file.) So I start with "I am not interested in your satanic views". Ball is now in my court. My basic repertoire is "Bible says, Satan says, 'son of god'. That's Gospel"

Rather than story this incident, I'll get to the result: The one old Satanist gets so excited, throwing his arms and about throwing his book and papers out of his own hand, he storms off yelling "I never heard such ______". But, the other old man, I rang his bell. So For a few minutes I explained it. This guy was absolutely emotionally subdued. So I explained it in Old Testament idiom, what is not forgiven by Allah(s.w.t.) to anyone (Christians do not have the murder-one part) for any reason. And I can recite those OT parts. At the end, he said thank-you and quietly walked away.

Here is how I know this second man was repeating what I said: I was in the library a week or so later, and several of the local clergy were in there, pointing and thumbing in my direction while they were talking and also staring at me.

You could do what my gran used to do: get yourself a pair of net curtains and when you spy a JW knocking on your door, tell everyone to shut up and hide, then watch them furtively through the nets until they go c9bcaf888921e70330e6db3a362f5722.gif

post-175712-0-54873700-1411785109.jpg

They will not stop coming to my home! lol even though Iv given them the whole "thank you but no thank you" speech. So like another poster I buy the Watch Tower magazine to keep them happy and they go on their merry way. no harm done.

Salam

Once you invite them in you will not be left alone unless you tell them. And it is by no means rude if you tell them that you are not interessted in theire bible studies. They are used to be told. And the reason why they keep on knockin on doors is because they have to . The have so many hours a week where they have to show at theire church that they worked to try and converse people.

ws Makina

I'm always happy to see a Jehovah's Witness, at least when I've got time to talk to them. Unfortunately, they never seem to come back, even when they promise to. The thing is, most of them are just trained to talk to people who don't believe in God, or are nominal Christians. They generally don't have anything much to say about Islam, and they are not comfortable in having to defend their own faith. Of course, there are some experts, but they are few and far between. I think it's good to use these encounters for Dawah, if possible.

The only way they run away is when you show them you know what they are, who they are, and you have too much information about your own religion, and you have strong faith, so when you discuss issues, you are the one in control not them

They came to discuss their religion, dad ended up discussing Islam until they got so tired, left and never came. Win-win situation LOL. Now they don't even approach us on the street anymore XD. My dad is very passionate when it comes to religious topics and life. He spoke about everything to them XD

In my old house, they came like 5 times and in 4 of them my dad invited them inside and debated them and they never come back. The 5th time they came to my cousin and I; we started speaking to them in arabic and pretended we didn't know English so they left us

Salaam

Your lucky its JV's knocking on your door to preach... and not sufyanis/Wahhabis banging and demanding money for some devilish cause in the name of Allah. Just be polite and say your busy.

Edited by Nuriyah Khanam

Bismillah 

Salamalikum

Recently I've been faced with a problem. Living in the United States, jahovahs witnesses keep coming to my door and wanting to talk to me about the bible. The first time they came, I didn't want to be rude or anything so I discussed some verses with them and we talked for a short while. When they asked about my timings I said I was very busy for the next few weeks and preoccupied, but then again two weeks later, they keep knocking on our door asking for me even when I am not around. Today they came again.

What can I do to make these people stop coming without being rude to them? I don't want to openly say that I am not interested directly to them because that would be like really mean.  

Any suggestions?

ws 

WS, 

Whenever they come to my door, I'd discuss with them, but also, I'd give them Quranic verses and ahadeeth. That way, it's a mutual discussion, and not just one-sided. Usually, they'd stop coming by, after they realize they cannot win you over to their faith.