Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Aren't Iran And Hezbollah More Active In Iraq?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

It is extremely frustrating to watch ISIS make gains in Iraq everyday. I fear for that country, I think Iran and Hezbollah should play a more active role in defeating ISIS in Iraq. It is extremely distressing to see the land of Imam Hussain (AS) so divided, having so much local support for Khawarij like ISIS. 

• Advanced Member

Because Iraqs shia leaders are too stupid to organise themselves into anything credible.

Muqtada wants to fight everyone on earth. Al Hakeem wants to visit the Gulf and shake hands with Gulf leaders every day.

We need a Nasrallah like figure in Iraq to bring unity and strength to our people.

• Veteran Member

Hello,

(I think this thread should be moved to the Iraq forum.)

Also, Iran is very active in Iraq.  And, I am sure media reports are just tips of the iceberg.

"Iran General Helped Iraq's Kurds Battle IS Group"  (ABC News)

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/iran-general-70-aides-helped-iraq-battle-group-25721276

This Iranian General Ghasem Soleimani is quite an interesting fellow.  It is said he is in direct contact with both Ayatollah Khamenei and President Asaad. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qasem_Soleimani

All the Best,

David

• Advanced Member

Why do you people glamorize General Soleimani so much? He isn't all that he's cracked up to be.

It's not even shia media that glamorizes him

The west has a fixation with the man. You know why though? He produces results for Iran.

Also don't think he is the only guy. If he dies there will be another to take his place.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Hezbollah has so much to worry about. What do you think they are super heroes? 

There is around 2 Millions Shia in Lebanon while 15 Million Shia in Iraq. Let the Iraqis handle their own problems for the time being. If Iraqi leaders are corrupt, isn't there any strong Shia citizens that can form resistance? Or Labbayk ya Hussayn is only said on the 10th of Muharram?

What shall Iran do? Fly troops all the way to Iraq to fight? Please read the history of Hezbollah with Iran and even before; Amal Movement with Iran. Nobody fought war for them, they supported with military weapons and maybe trained them.

But maybe the rest of the Shia world should learn to fight their own wars and not just nag "why doesn't Iran help us" Iran helped Shia in South Lebanon because they saw them gathering up serious about resisting, not sitting on their b*tts nagging.

The shia in Iraq today are idiots.

Their leaders are idiots. They think because they come from a religious family that they are some how better than any other Iraqi. Muqtada Sadr and Al-Hakeem are two of the worst politicians that have ever touched the Iraqi republic for us shia. They fought the government in parliament and sided with the Sunni's and Kurds.

If we had a united shia group we wouldn't be in this ridiculous mess.

Muqtada is a stain on his families name. Al-Hakeem is doing what his family has always done, collect money from the gulf to destroy Iraq from within.

We need MEN to rise up and challenge these idiots and their blind followers. Until that time we will be stuck with idiots like them holding the Iraqi shias back .

The shia in Iraq today are idiots.

Their leaders are idiots. They think because they come from a religious family that they are some how better than any other Iraqi. Muqtada Sadr and Al-Hakeem are two of the worst politicians that have ever touched the Iraqi republic for us shia. They fought the government in parliament and sided with the Sunni's and Kurds.

If we had a united shia group we wouldn't be in this ridiculous mess.

Muqtada is a stain on his families name. Al-Hakeem is doing what his family has always done, collect money from the gulf to destroy Iraq from within.

We need MEN to rise up and challenge these idiots and their blind followers. Until that time we will be stuck with idiots like them holding the Iraqi shias back .

Salaam br.

I would not necessarily disagree with you about the issue of the two mentioned politicians. Personally, though an Iraqi, I don't know much about Iraqi politics, though I would probably not find myself ticking their names on a ballot card.

However, one point which I 100% disagree with- and I mean this as a sincere advice, if you really intended it to be as it appears in ur post - to not ever insult the al-Hakim family. 

In every family their are certain individuals who are 'klowcheya' in one way or another. However, the work that Aya. Mohsin Hakim (ra) did for Iraq can never, ever be disregarded. He never wished to destroy Iraq- he only worked for Iraq, not the gulf nations... his time was before their influence in the region.

Likewise with Ayatollah Shahid M.B. Hakim (ra). No human being with a hint of respect for religion can ever, ever make an insult to an individual of his stature. He was a man of valour, power, strength against enemies of God, and in no way was in favour or backed by any gulf states. If you research what he said about American intervention then it is very clear he was never in favour of any of these invading thugs, nor their allies in the khaleej. 

I absolutely oppose the statement that the al hakim family take money from the gulf- think about how many shuhada from that family- all but one of the sons of Aya. Mohsin was martyred by Baathis. Now, for somebody to insult such a family, and say that they take money from the gulf (which is a completely baseless statement- an individual or two maybe- to accuse this great family of scholars of taking money is not a statement where basirah has been used at all) is an insult to these many, many shuhada. I can't recall exactly, but something like 40 or 70 shuhada from this family alone- please do check, I can't remember.

Of course brother, if you did not mean to say the whole family, then I would maybe look over the post next time in case another person gets a bad idea from a misinterpretation. Because, to accuse an entire family of among the most pious scholars of being slaves to the gulf is in no means a logical, or reasoned statement- and it is 100% contrary to Islam, and shameful to religion.

Now, I am in no way saying that this is what you meant of course- it was rather a refutation of the actual thought that the al hakim family is enslaved to the gulf. Perhaps there are a few unsincere individuals within this family- is that really enough for us, as Muslims who love their brothers, to accuse the entire family of being so?

Ws

Salaam br.

I would not necessarily disagree with you about the issue of the two mentioned politicians. Personally, though an Iraqi, I don't know much about Iraqi politics, though I would probably not find myself ticking their names on a ballot card.

However, one point which I 100% disagree with- and I mean this as a sincere advice, if you really intended it to be as it appears in ur post - to not ever insult the al-Hakim family. 

In every family their are certain individuals who are 'klowcheya' in one way or another. However, the work that Aya. Mohsin Hakim (ra) did for Iraq can never, ever be disregarded. He never wished to destroy Iraq- he only worked for Iraq, not the gulf nations... his time was before their influence in the region.

Likewise with Ayatollah Shahid M.B. Hakim (ra). No human being with a hint of respect for religion can ever, ever make an insult to an individual of his stature. He was a man of valour, power, strength against enemies of God, and in no way was in favour or backed by any gulf states. If you research what he said about American intervention then it is very clear he was never in favour of any of these invading thugs, nor their allies in the khaleej. 

I absolutely oppose the statement that the al hakim family take money from the gulf- think about how many shuhada from that family- all but one of the sons of Aya. Mohsin was martyred by Baathis. Now, for somebody to insult such a family, and say that they take money from the gulf (which is a completely baseless statement- an individual or two maybe- to accuse this great family of scholars of taking money is not a statement where basirah has been used at all) is an insult to these many, many shuhada. I can't recall exactly, but something like 40 or 70 shuhada from this family alone- please do check, I can't remember.

Of course brother, if you did not mean to say the whole family, then I would maybe look over the post next time in case another person gets a bad idea from a misinterpretation. Because, to accuse an entire family of among the most pious scholars of being slaves to the gulf is in no means a logical, or reasoned statement- and it is 100% contrary to Islam, and shameful to religion.

Now, I am in no way saying that this is what you meant of course- it was rather a refutation of the actual thought that the al hakim family is enslaved to the gulf. Perhaps there are a few unsincere individuals within this family- is that really enough for us, as Muslims who love their brothers, to accuse the entire family of being so?

Ws

Bottom line my friend. Iraqi leaders and Ayatollahs has each made their own group and they all hate each other. Now talking and justifying here on ShiaChat isn't going to let ISIS think twice before destroying the Shia of Iraq.

Until the Shia of Iraq realise once in their lives what HAYHAT MINNA AL ZILLA means instead of just chanting it..I hope they realise it soon..before its too late

• Advanced Member

Salaam br.

Ws

Great families don't let their sons sell out Iraq.

Al Hakeem has put a black mark on his families name just as muqtada did.

We all know the best of those families are martyrs now.

I know you feel personal about it but I don't take it like that way

For the last 8 years the two alone have ruined Iraqi politics by siding with the Sunni's. Muqtada even went to the Anbar protests to say Sunni's are our brothers where he was hit with a shoe and chased after

I don't think much of these two especially as they have blood, shia blood on their hands.

And as regards to the Hakeem family. No the family is responsible for keeping these men under control. Their name is marked with these people. They either control them or forever be tied to such reckless individuals that have simply no regard for shia blood.

Why is it that Ammar is vising a gulf king every couple of weeks? (I have plenty of pictures with him shaking their hands). Let them come to Iraq if they want to meet our Shia leaders. Why go out there and shake their hands like some begger. I hold Ammar Al Hakeem responsible for a lot of the blood shed we shia have faced in Iraq. I don't care if his family has given 1000 Martyrs, he has betrayed his own people and such senior men cannot do this without us pointing it out and punishing them for it.

Great families don't let their sons sell out Iraq.

Al Hakeem has put a black mark on his families name just as muqtada did.

We all know the best of those families are martyrs now.

I know you feel personal about it but I don't take it like that way

For the last 8 years the two alone have ruined Iraqi politics by siding with the Sunni's. Muqtada even went to the Anbar protests to say Sunni's are our brothers where he was hit with a shoe and chased after

I don't think much of these two especially as they have blood, shia blood on their hands.

And as regards to the Hakeem family. No the family is responsible for keeping these men under control. Their name is marked with these people. They either control them or forever be tied to such reckless individuals that have simply no regard for shia blood.

Why is it that Ammar is vising a gulf king every couple of weeks? (I have plenty of pictures with him shaking their hands). Let them come to Iraq if they want to meet our Shia leaders. Why go out there and shake their hands like some begger. I hold Ammar Al Hakeem responsible for a lot of the blood shed we shia have faced in Iraq. I don't care if his family has given 1000 Martyrs, he has betrayed his own people and such senior men cannot do this without us pointing it out and punishing them for it.

Funny how it's not ok for the sons of an Iraqi Ayatollah to "sell" out his people, but when the sons of Rafsanjani did the same, he is adored by you. 

• Advanced Member

Most of al hakims family are martred. There is pretty much no family who can stop ammar al hakim from doing these "bad things". They have all passed on. So to hold the family responsible is absurd and completely illogical...

There is no family to stop Hakeem? Are you sure about that? They are responsible for maintaining their families reputation.

640x392_61699_105829.jpg

This is a spit in the face of the shia that have suffered from these kings.

Funny how it's not ok for the sons of an Iraqi Ayatollah to "sell" out his people, but when the sons of Rafsanjani did the same, he is adored by you. 

I never adored the sons of Rafsanjani and I don't adore the Ammar Al-Hakeem.

• Advanced Member

All of his uncles and hia father have passed away. So which of his family do u want to expose him, that is if meeting a king is a crime (which it isnt).

You think it is okay for someone like Al-Hakeem to meet the king of Saudi Arabia? I think that is unacceptable. If the king wants to meet Al-Hakeem let him come to Najaf.These common meetings with the kings of saudi arabia and qatar and Hakeem siding with the Sunnis in Parliament on many many important occasions shows that he is nothing to those shia that have suffered at the hands of these people.

Edited by Kurdi Fehli

You think it is okay for someone like Al-Hakeem to meet the king of Saudi Arabia? I think that is unacceptable. If the king wants to meet Al-Hakeem let him come to Najaf.These common meetings with the kings of saudi arabia and qatar and Hakeem siding with the Sunnis in Parliament on many many important occasions shows that he is nothing to those shia that have suffered at the hands of these people.

No, actually meeting a king is not haram in and of itself. Imam Hassan (as) met with Muawiyah (la), for example. .Of course, that does not mean I at all support meeting King of the Saudi regime (and also Imam Hassan met unwillingly) - but meeting a king is not a haram act in and of itself, unless certain conditions are met.

I want you to reply to my question I posed:

"All of his uncles and hia father have passed away. So which of his family do u want to expose him that is if meeting a king is a crime (which it isnt)."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

I find the heading amusing, rather it should be why isn't Hezbollah defeating ISIL in Syria, aren't they the best of the best when it comes to Shia fighting force? Didn't they "defeat Israel". But they can't even defeat a rag tag army full of extremist? BTW I am not an ISIL follower I hate them Just as much as Hezbollah and the Assad forces.

• Advanced Member

I find the heading amusing, rather it should be why isn't Hezbollah defeating ISIL in Syria, aren't they the best of the best when it comes to Shia fighting force? Didn't they "defeat Israel". But they can't even defeat a rag tag army full of extremist? BTW I am not an ISIL follower I hate them Just as much as Hezbollah and the Assad forces.

How do you fully defeat people who hide in between civilians?

How do you fully defeat an organization who is funded by the rich arab states?

How do you fully defeat an organization who formally received heavy weapons and training from the west?

ISIS will inshallah be defeated but first there must be an understanding between the Muslims on who are the bad

guys and who are the good guys. 

How do you fully defeat people who hide in between civilians?

Don't use such an excuse. That's what the Zionists choose against Hezbollah

How do you fully defeat an organization who is funded by the rich arab states?

How do you fully defeat an organization who formally received heavy weapons and training from the west?

So what? The Zionists have heavier training and were defeated.

If you don't know how to answer, don't defend Hezbollah, because you will make them look bad.

• Veteran Member

Don't use such an excuse. That's what the Zionists choose against Hezbollah

So what? The Zionists have heavier training and were defeated.

If you don't know how to answer, don't defend Hezbollah, because you will make them look bad.

(salam)

Actually it's still a legit explanation. Just look at the number of fighters from abroad + syrian rebel fighters, and then compare that with the number of youths from Hezbollah allocated to the Syrian front.

Numbers should not be less than 1 vs 4, certainly not in favor of Hezb...

The other factor being, this time the adversaries are also convinced that they will die as martyrs, which maybbe makes them a more dfierce enemy.

(salam)

Actually it's still a legit explanation. Just look at the number of fighters from abroad + syrian rebel fighters, and then compare that with the number of youths from Hezbollah allocated to the Syrian front.

Numbers should not be less than 1 vs 4, certainly not in favor of Hezb...

The other factor being, this time the adversaries are also convinced that they will die as martyrs, which maybbe makes them a more dfierce enemy.

MMMhhhmmmm forget it

Edited by John Al-Ameli
  • Basic Members

I think you are delusional to think that the West supports, ISIL would be given weapons and then trained, otherwise why in the world are they are currently bombing them? Muslims are big in conspiracy theories, this is why we are so backwards, instead of facing the facts we make up fantasies, this is why the West still [Edited Out]s all over us and we are the laughing stock of the world.

You know it and I know, Hezbollah took a step too big this time, yes they were good at defending their country on their own territory but outside their territory they are not that effective. This is what happens when you talk big and say proudly that I am the defender of the weak, oppressed, poor and occupied and then help an evil dictator who is the worst of the worst when it comes to human rights abuses, you become an oppressor yourself, Allah will punish them.

• Advanced Member

(Salam)

I don't really think that Hezbollah is looking to erase ISIS from Syria, they are just looking to defend the bordering areas between Syria and Lebanon in order to keep them at bay and in order to keep the stream of weapons active. I know that the only reason Hezbollah is defending Assad is knowing that without him, the resistance would not be alive and well inside Lebanon and thus, Israel can easily infiltrate. Many are gonna hate me for saying this: Assad is definitely a brutal dictator, but we need him & Saddam was definitely a brutal dictator, but we need him!

(Salam)

• Basic Members

What helps me sleep at night is to see Hezbollah and Assad defeated and the Syrian people prevail, I want those poor people to have their freedom from Assad's forces and from the growing threat of takfiri groups like ISIL, whom Assad aided in order to help them defeat the more moderate Islamic and secular forces. Assad helped create this monster called ISIL, blame him, and Hezbollah, I wish they get their butts kicked, get out of Syria, you are going against your own constitution and original mission which was to defend Lebanon from Israeli aggression and occupation. Nasrallah is a hypocrite, he talks big and high Islamic morals but is supporting the worst of the worst, people that torture little children and cut off their genitals, people that kills hundreds with no mercy, bomb innocent people with barrel bombs, shoot innocent bystanders, shoot peacful protestors who just want no dictatorship, freedom, and no corruption. It seems the Shia will support anyone even the devil as long as they are Shia or borderline Shia like Allawis. This is the kind of people Hezbollah is supporting, good luck to you.

• Advanced Member

takfiri groups like ISIL, whom Assad aided in order to help them defeat the more moderate Islamic and secular forces. Assad helped create this monster called ISIL, blame him, and Hezbollah

(Salam)

We'rent you talking about how we arabs are backwards because of our conspiracy theories? Where did this come from?

Let's say Assad's regime falls, what do you think will happen?

(Salam)

Edited by HussainKhashab