Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
race

Problem Regarding Limiting Allah

Rate this topic

As-salaam mulaikum. So here is my question. We would be limiting Allah if we say we can see him because seeing would imply something being seen at a distance which can be measured and it would cause other philosophical problems.

My question is in regards to Prophet Musa (a.s.) conversing with Allah. Is that not limiting the speech of Allah if we say that he directly spoke with a Prophet.

when we say Allah talked to the prophet Moses, it does not mean that, like human or other creatures He has a mouth and the voice that Moses heard was out of the mouth mechanism. so that Allah would be restricted to the material boundaries.

Quran:

It is not[ possible ]for any human that Allah should speak to him except through revelation or from behind a curtain, or send a messenger who reveals by His permission whatever He wishes. Indeed He is all-exalted, all-wise.( 42:51 )

there are two views upon the attribute of speaking of God to Moses:

1- some say: it was not by physical voice that every person could hear. it was exculsive to Moses by revelation and he heard that by his heart.

2- some other say: Allah talked to Moses through the voice that was out of the frequency. and Allah did it by His power. so there was no mouth and other limitation for God.

Edited by mahdi servant.01

^ Well definitely we cant assign him things like a mouth or human voice. My question was regarding the voice because if that voice was heard, then that would imply some sort of limitation in the sense that it was heard, if I am correct. The two views you have given, is there more detail to it.

Edited by race

^ Well definitely we cant assign him things like a mouth or human voice. My question was regarding the voice because if that voice was heard, then that would imply some sort of limitation in the sense that it was heard, if I am correct. The two views you have given, is there more detail to it.

Allah is able to do anything, there is nothing he can't do. He has the power to speak through a voice which the human mind can understand, that doesn't mean Allah is limiting himself to a voice.

^No one doubts that, however there are certain things which he will not do such as allowing us to see him or coming to this world. It is not one of his attributes.

Edited by race

Hypothetically Allah choose a voice like he did when Prophet (s) went to miraj. And i think there was a tree with musa (as) right, which probably vibrated in such a frequeny that it produced the sound. The vibrations were caused by Allah. In this entire scenario Allah is not being limited in anyway.

No because it was not literally God's voice. Just as Angels are the medium to God, in the same way, be it inspiration, or an actual sound, Allah, created it, independent from Him. You can say a sign of Allah swt. Just as this Quran, is the word of Allah. I hope it makes sense.

(wasalam)

No because it was not literally God's voice. Just as Angels are the medium to God, in the same way, be it inspiration, or an actual sound, Allah, created it, independent from Him. You can say a sign of Allah swt. Just as this Quran, is the word of Allah. I hope it makes sense.

(wasalam)

Yea, that makes sense