Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Attempts Of Refutation The Book About Ibn Saba

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

^ You are right in what u say too I should have said Umar II's brainchild was "proto-sunnisim" , I do understands the fiqahs were formulated much later and his policies were reversed but he was the first one with the foresight to try to form a politically neutral all encompassing body of general muslims which downplayed political and sectarian differences

Imam hanbal might have counted in Ali as fourth but it was the Iraqi abu hanifa who was most likely the most pro-Alid of all their Imams given some of his Iraqi tutors were companions of Ali himself

Edited by Panzerwaffe
  • Advanced Member
Imam hanbal might have counted in Ali as fourth but it was the Iraqi abu hanifa who was most likely the most pro-Alid of all their Imams given some of his Iraqi tutors were companions of Ali himself

That may be accurately in the political sense. As far as the Hanafi fiqh is concerned it is far removed from the teachings of Aale Muhammad. But then again, the disciples of Abu Hanifa over-ruled the opinions of their teacher. Abu Yusuf became a satrap of the Abbasids, the Hanafi school then transformed itself to a sort of government rubber stamp. Kufa is not always 100% Shii'. There are the rich loyalist who would go to any extent in following the Ummayad caliphs and the Abbasids. 

Abu Hanifa is famous for being silent on Yazeed ibn Mawiya, that must explain many things. The only sincere Sunni school is that of the Madinan Imam Malik, for whom i have special regard. Imam Malik has been sincere to the teachings of Islam and stood up for Ahlul Bayt. 
  • Veteran Member

Yes I meant in political sense of Numa b thabit clearly not "hanafi fiqah"

Glad to see your regard for Malik

Kufa was not 100 percent shia nor was medina,but the greatest Ali loyalists came from these 2 cities

Clearly there should be a distinction between Ali supporters and later Imami shias

Edited by Panzerwaffe