In the Name of God بسم الله

Ahlul Bayt And Their Rings

Rate this topic

AbaAbdillah

• Advanced Member

Salamu Alaikum dear brothers and sisters, I like wearing rings and I want to know in which fingers I am allowed to wear rings. Are there any hadiths from the Ahlul Bayt about it ? Which ringsum did the Ahlul Bayt wear in which fingers ? Thanks a lot. Please excuse my bad English :)

(wasalam)

Hadeeths state that you should wear the rings on the right hand and not wear them on the middle and index finger, however the hadeeths stating that you shouldn't wear them on the middle and index are dha'īf, but I would still refrain as a precaution.

Edited by Ali al-Hadi

• Advanced Member

Salam, 

[Carnelian, Aqiq is the most important stone in Islam and the most favorite stone of the Prophet, the Infallible and his followers. Besides the stone being the first stone to affirm the existence and unity of Allah (SWT), it also confessed the Prophethood of Muhammad (S), the caliphate of Ali (AS), and confirmed Paradise for the friends and followers of Ali (AS). There are also mountains made of carnelian in Paradise that shed the palaces of the Prophet (S). The carnelian, Aqiq stone has a sincere love for Allah and the Ahlul-Bayt (AS). As we now know, Carnelian and all other stones constantly glorify Allah and recite the formula – There is no God, but Allah! As we now are fully aware, stones are living and they conversed with the Prophet (S).

Carnelian has a sincere love of Ali because the creation of this stone was from the energy of Ali emanating from his blessed face. The Prophet has said that Allah once remarked:

O Ahmad, I created you and Ali from My own light, and I created these two mountains from the light of Ali’s face.

This stone has several healing properties in relation to the human energy. In Islam, whosoever wears the Aqiq stone signifies and finalizes his belief in Islam and is amongst the groups of pious people. Moreover, the info-energy of Aqiq also includes, besides others, its confession and confirmation of divine unity and relationship with Allah (SWT), the Most High, and Most Sublime.

A worthy note; the faithful believers are identified from wearing this stone and in ones prayer. He, the Almighty has said to Muhammad (S):

… I swear by My magnificence that I have created these two mountains (of carnelian) to be a sign that is used to identify the believers. Moreover, I swore on Myself that I make it Haram to send to hell those who wear the AQEEQ ring on their hands and follow Ali.

The Messenger of Allah (S) once told Ali bin Abi Talib (AS) to wear an AQEEQ (agate) ring on his right hand because those who wear it have a quality that Allah has given to those who are close to Him.]

Source : Gemstones in Islam - Islam The Absolute Truth

(wasalam)

Hadeeths state that you should wear the rings on the right hand and not wear them on the middle and index finger, however the hadeeths stating that you shouldn't wear them on the middle and index are dha'īf, but I would still refrain as a precaution.

Thank you for informing this.

• Advanced Member

Bismillah.

Salaam.

There are many narrations regarding Aqīq and the benefits it has. There is a chapter in the book “Kāfī” by the name ofبَابُ الْعَقِيق‏(chapter of Aqīq) therein narrations are describing the virtues, influence and benefits of wearing Aqīq; briefly I can paraphrase some of them in following benefits of wearing Aqīq:

1. Refraining from poverty,
  2. Refraining from hypocrisy (Nifāq),
  3. Getting blessed,
  4. Request will be answered,
  5. It brings safety in trips,
  6. Etc.

You can refer to that chapter in vol.6, p.470.

And there are other narrations in Kāfī about other stones like Yāqūt, Zumurrūd, Fīrūza, and etc.

With Duas.

Narsis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Ahlul Bayt (as) recommended a few different types of stones to be worn in silver rings. Here are a few narrations on Aqeeq 

The Prophet (s) advised Ali (as): “O `Ali, wear a ring on the right hand, for it is a blessing from Allah (swt) for the ones brought near [to Him].  Ali (as) asked, ‘With what stone do I wear, O Messenger of Allah?’  He said: ‘With red aqeeq (agate), for it was first to testify to the Lordship of Allah, my prophethood, your authority, the Imamate of your children, the Garden for your lovers, and Paradise for your Shi’a’”

Wasa’il ush-Shi’a, ch 49, hadith 5

Imam Hussain (as) said: “Allah (swt) looked at the earth with mercy and created aqeeq with the light of His face and said, ‘I swear by Myself, I have made it obligatory on Myself that I will never punish with The Fire anyone who wears aqeeq on his hand and is a lover of Ali ibn Abu Talib (as)”

Thawab al Amal, pg 228

The Prophet (s) said: "Wear a ring with aqeeq (agate) for it is blessed. And one who wears a ring with aqeeq will have a good outcome [in his affairs]"

Wasa'il ush Shi'a, ch 51, hadith 5993

Imam Reza (a) said: “Aqeeq (agate) keeps away poverty and wearing it dispels hypocrisy.”

Al-Kafi, vol. 6, pg. 470, hadeeth # 470

Imam Sadiq (a) said: “Who ever wears an aqeeq ring on his finger will never be needy and his wishes will be fulfilled”

Thawab al Amal, pg 227

It is narrated that someone feared the oppression of an unjust ruler, Imam Sadiq (as) instructed him to wear an aqeeq ring and the man did not face any harm from the ruler.

Thawab al Amal, pg 227

Imam Sadiq (as) said: “Aqeeq is a protection while on a journey”

Thawab al Amal, pg 228

Imam Sadiq (as) said: “Wear an aqeeq ring on your hand so that Allah gives you abundance and your remain safe from calamities”

Thawab al Amal, pg 228

The Prophet (s) said: “Aqeeq protects one from evil”

Thawab al Amal, pg 228

Imam Baqir (as) said: “The one who wears an aqeeq ring will see goodness and remain in the protection of Allah”

Thawab al Amal, pg 228

Imam Ali (as) said: “Wear a ring with aqeeq so that Allah will give you blessings and protect you from evil”

Udat al-Da’i, pg 175

Imam Sadiq (as) said: “No raised hand (in du’a) is more beloved to Allah than one with an aqeeq ring”

Udat al-Da’i, pg 173

Imam Reza (as) said: “One who wears aqeeq will see an increased shared (in sustenance)”

Thawab al Amal, pg 228

• Advanced Member

Wa'alaikum Salam Brother,

Please refer to this link; http://www.durrenajaf.com/upload/51311674462c0.pdf i hope it helps.

Salam brother.

salam

I was reading that. And the author quotes Sahih Bukhari.

And wouldn't put (as) next to the names of the Imams.

It's not a Shia source, I must say.

Edited by thuglife

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam Thuglife,

I'll make note for my future reading. Since i'm new in shi'ism, i seems to failed spotting these fine details. The reason i thought it's a Shia source because they put the word "Imam" in the front of the Imams, where i come from, they don't put "Imam" in our Imams.

Alhamdulillah for the reminder.

Wasalam.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Advanced Member
On 10/17/2014 at 1:00 AM, Zakariya Ali said:

Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) recommended a few different types of stones to be worn in silver rings. Here are a few narrations on Aqeeq 

The Prophet (s) advised Ali (as): “O `Ali, wear a ring on the right hand, for it is a blessing from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for the ones brought near [to Him].  Ali (عليه السلام) asked, ‘With what stone do I wear, O Messenger of Allah?’  He said: ‘With red aqeeq (agate), for it was first to testify to the Lordship of Allah, my prophethood, your authority, the Imamate of your children, the Garden for your lovers, and Paradise for your Shi’a’”

Wasa’il ush-Shi’a, ch 49, hadith 5

Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) said: “Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) looked at the Earth with mercy and created aqeeq with the light of His face and said, ‘I swear by Myself, I have made it obligatory on Myself that I will never punish with The Fire anyone who wears aqeeq on his hand and is a lover of Ali ibn Abu Talib (as)”

Thawab al Amal, pg 228

The Prophet (s) said: "Wear a ring with aqeeq (agate) for it is blessed. And one who wears a ring with aqeeq will have a good outcome [in his affairs]"

Wasa'il ush Shi'a, ch 51, hadith 5993

Imam Reza (a) said: “Aqeeq (agate) keeps away poverty and wearing it dispels hypocrisy.”

Al-Kafi, vol. 6, pg. 470, hadeeth # 470

Imam Sadiq (a) said: “Who ever wears an aqeeq ring on his finger will never be needy and his wishes will be fulfilled”

Thawab al Amal, pg 227

It is narrated that someone feared the oppression of an unjust ruler, Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) instructed him to wear an aqeeq ring and the man did not face any harm from the ruler.

Thawab al Amal, pg 227

Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) said: “Aqeeq is a protection while on a journey”

Thawab al Amal, pg 228

Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) said: “Wear an aqeeq ring on your hand so that Allah gives you abundance and your remain safe from calamities”

Thawab al Amal, pg 228

The Prophet (s) said: “Aqeeq protects one from evil”

Thawab al Amal, pg 228

Imam Baqir (عليه السلام) said: “The one who wears an aqeeq ring will see goodness and remain in the protection of Allah”

Thawab al Amal, pg 228

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said: “Wear a ring with aqeeq so that Allah will give you blessings and protect you from evil”

Udat al-Da’I, pg 175

Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) said: “No raised hand (in du’a) is more beloved to Allah than one with an aqeeq ring”

Udat al-Da’I, pg 173

Imam Reza (عليه السلام) said: “One who wears aqeeq will see an increased shared (in sustenance)”

Thawab al Amal, pg 228

Respectfully, even though this is widely attested, would simply wearing the ring really bring all those benefits? I would imagine they are conditional, depending on other factors...