Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali-F

Hijabis Acting Like Western Girls ?

Rate this topic

In this video, you can see, well, a "haram police"... They are speaking to the Muslims who're going to meet Adam Saleh and Sheikh...

Well.. ofc, hijabis shouldnt act like beasts, but the way this 'haram police' comes is very bad... 

what do you think?

Why is this young guy talking to young girls who are not mahram to him?

This guy and those women he interviews are such hypocrites OH MY GOD!!!

The worst part is that he is pointing fingers at others along with those girls, and he himself is forgetting all the sins he commits!

Edited by SF Taha

I know those kind of hijabis you are talking about, whenever i try to say salam to them on the streets, they turn their heads sideways.. they act a lot like jahilya.. even westerners are not like that. If westerns would be hijabis, they would be like those saints and dress like true hijab of maryam and spend their times at the church.

If hijab has a negative image, its really because of those representing it.. how come the nuns at the church dont have the same negative image ? Because they act on the message they try to represent

I know those kind of hijabis you are talking about, whenever i try to say salam to them on the streets, they turn their heads sideways.. they act a lot like jahilya.. even westerners are not like that. If westerns would be hijabis, they would be like those saints and dress like true hijab of maryam and spend their times at the church.

If hijab has a negative image, its really because of those representing it.. how come the nuns at the church dont have the same negative image ? Because they act on the message they try to represent

It's a sad sad day we live in. Sometimes, I cannot believe some women wear Hijab. Really, I cannot.. go on youtube and you will find tens of thousands "hijabi" youtubers who have dedicated their time to creating makeup tutorial videos. There are so many hijab-fashion bloggers nowadays too.

And, I am not bringing this issue up (as something new), nor to deflect my shortcomings by shining the spotlight on their public sins. But in todays day and age, these people have comeplely revolutionized the essence of what Hijab is. And, if you bring it to their attention, I mean the Hijabi-fashionistas themselves, and followers of such hijabis aswell (whom, they, themselves may not even have the means to afford such an apparel) are always stuck on the same response which somehow they have been led to believe it sounds "sophisticated" and leaves an effective logic in their defense. They say: "it is up for Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì to judge them, and at least they wear hijab".

This is nauseating! It's as if they are trying to cement this idea and brainswash the more decent muhijaba's (or at least the ones that don't fall under such a "poor quality of Hijab" category) and those others who don't wear hijab: that's criticizing their form of Hijab is equivalent to being judgemental. In other words they are falling into the same stupid slogan that the west introduced of "you only live once (YOLO)": which is nothing more then a narcissistic mentality, and feeds into this idea of escaping the principle of self-reflection and self criticism.

Edited by jannahismygoal

It's a sad sad day we live in. Sometimes, I cannot believe some women wear Hijab. Really, I cannot.. go on youtube and you will find tens of thousands "hijabi" youtubers who have dedicated their time to creating makeup tutorial videos. There are so many hijab-fashion bloggers nowadays too.

And, I am not bringing this issue up (as something new), nor to deflect my shortcomings by shining the spotlight on their public sins. But in todays day and age, these people have comeplely revolutionized the essence of what Hijab is. And, if you bring it to their attention, I mean the Hijabi-fashionistas themselves, and followers of such hijabis aswell (whom, they, themselves may not even have the means to afford such an apparel) are always stuck on the same response which somehow they have been led to believe it sounds "sophisticated" and leaves an effective logic in their defense. They say: "it is up for Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì to judge them, and at least they wear hijab".

This is nauseating! It's as if they are trying to cement this idea and brainswash the more decent muhijaba's (or at least the ones that don't fall under such a "poor quality of Hijab" category) and those others who don't wear hijab: that's criticizing their form of Hijab is equivalent to being judgemental. In other words they are falling into the same stupid slogan that the west introduced of "you only live once (YOLO)": which is nothing more then a narcissistic mentality, and feeds into this idea of escaping the principle of self-reflection and self criticism.

I could not have said it better !

Excellent points.

Look the crux of the problem lies in parenting. Muslim girls in the west, especially in the US and the UK have become in a sense spoiled by a combination of bad parenting, attending public schools at a young age which feed the wrong ideas to the child, and then they most likely live in big cities where there is a craze for celebrities and dunya. Parents give there kids too much freedom to roam and surf the Internet at a young age and they spoil their kids by buying them expensive phones and taking them shopping. Letting them hang out with friends from school which they do not know all to well and may end up having a negative affect on the child. What ends upnhappenig is the child's bond with his or her mother and father slowly evaporates.

I've always objected to the venomous discourse employed by a number of atheists, especially scientists and public intellectuals, who look down upon those who believe. Theirs is a self-centered discourse that is conspicuous because of the pride it entails. That pride underlies a notion that all individuals should, irrespective of their life experience, education, family, culture, learning, age, abilities or lack thereof, arrive at the same conclusion and belief system--in this case that there's no god.

For quite sometime now, I've been under the impression that humility is the cornerstone of our faith. But to the untrained eye like mine, those of you claiming to be better than others in the perceived correctness of the practice of your faith, humility is conspicuous by its absence. If you're doing what you're doing to serve God, why does it matter what anyone thinks or how another being choose to go about it?

Moreover, all of you disgusted by those acting "like Westerners", how many of you are actually not from the West? As far as I know the overwhelming majority of you live in and enjoy the social, economic, and political benefits of the West. Just because you choose to segregate or ghettoize yourselves does not make you any less Western. Historical wrongs notwithstanding, all of us who are in the West came here for specific reasons and continue to choose to stay here. That makes us as Western as anyone, irrespective of skin colour or religion or culture. The West isn't some monolithic entity characterized by hedonism. Claiming or pretending so is simply internalizing the racist bigotry that many Western intellectuals have propagated in order to 'other', and therefore demonize, those deemed to be not belong to the geographic/sociological West.

At the end of the day, my point is this: if you believe in God, you must also hopefully believe that He has given us some years on this earth and a freewill. Since that's the case, why not do with it what you think is right and leave the judging to God? Only those insecure in their own faith partake in the ritualized publicizing of their religion while becoming ever more corrupt from the inside. If you need evidence, look at the social ills like drug and sexual abuse, corruption, filth, violence, crime etc that plagues all Muslim countries.

I think we have a similar viewpoint overall, Deewan, but I do think Enlightened and jannahismygoal made valid points.

jannahismygoal said "In todays day and age, these people have completely revolutionized the essence of what Hijab is."

That point may best be seen by an example... go to www.TheStar.com and in the searchbox, type hijab.  Among the results, check out the article from Aug 18.

(I'm not directly linking to it, because I think someday, the writer will regret the article and maybe it doesn't need to be linked to forever. Also, the writer or other people could do a google search of the article title / web address, and I'd prefer she not see this SC page)

Also noteworthy: 

- Her pic was at the top-left of the front page of the print newspaper that day (with a subject and sentence telling people they can read the article in section E).

- Her article and a big photo were on the front of section E, along with a bunch of other photos on another page.

- At thestar.com web site, it was easy to find that day.

- The Toronto Star is Canada's largest newspaper.

...so it was probably read by a lot of people.

The writer seems like a nice person (not the type who wouldn't say "Salaam" like Enlightened cited). And she seems well-intentioned.

But despite that, I think her article does create problems for other hijabis.  And even in the article comments online, there are lots of people who point out that the photos were quite puzzling considering the topic.

(I didn't comment on it though, because I'm not female and thus obviously don't wear a headscarf, and any feedback would be best from another female)

As to what Enlightened wrote, "If hijab has a negative image" ...I think it's because people see articles like this (or people dressed like that) and then are puzzled, because it doesn't really make sense.  Because based on the instinctual logic of most people, no headscarf and "normal clothes" is more modest than a headscarf and skin-tight clothes.

And because of that disconnect, some might think that hijabis don't know why they're wearing hijab, or the ones who wear it modestly are oppressed or something.

Anyway, I'm a guy, so I don't really feel qualified getting deep into an issue like this... just like I wouldn't feel qualified talking about what it's like to be a Black in America (because I'm not Black either).

But I was reminded of that article while reading this thread, because it relates to jannahismygoal & Enlightened's points.

With your point about "The West" though, Deewan, I agree.

Too many people think of it as a "monolithic entity characterized by hedonism", but I don't think Enlightened and jannahismygoal's posts included that.

But to your point, it's true... people sometimes focus on negative aspects, while forgeting positive aspects. e.g. The entertainment industry puts out a lot of garbage, but it also comes up with characters like Superman, who does exhibit a lot of Islamic principles and is a good role model for kids.

As for the original post, what I've realized over the years is that basically, hijabis are simply people who happen to wear a headscarf.   It doesn't necessarily mean they're perfect Muslims, and there are lots of non-hijabis who better display examples of Islamic principles.

But, everyone falls short in one way or another.  Similarly, a lot of Muslim guys who have beards do stuff they shouldn't (and frankly, it seems to me guys are on average worse than women  :mellow:). 
Edited by Bright

Part of me wonders if this is some kind of a rebound from what some may see as a historically conservative family history.  Though, non muslim girls would appear the same at a justin beiber concert, so maybe not.

Its interesting how the guy was hit in the face with what appeared to be a brick or something in the beginning of the video, but then he re appears later in the video and is perfectly fine. Actually both of the guys re appear as if nothing happened.

Notice how the event was being filmed before it even kicked off as well, and the sound of the video had been enhanced. That shorter clip was staged, why i dont know, but it was fake.

anyway...

The best muslims (and even non muslims, or people of any religion) are those that choose to be so. So, let people choose.  And if you feel that some girls arent properly practicing, let them live life and let them choose to be that way. And if you feel as though muslims are very pious, let them live life and let them choose to be that way.

And the best of each party will come about, inevitably bringing about the greatest (or most truthful) positions of each.

With Islam and with any religion or even non religion, people often need experience. To recognize and understand life, sometimes you have to expose yourself to the world. The competitive nature that arises between the haram police and these hijabis, could actually be helping all of us better understand Islam, its probably best to just let them go, learn from them and let God do the judging.

Edited by iCambrian

The brothers in this video have too much time on their hands. He is spouting day of judgement this, day of judgement that, maybe he should save the judgements for Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

This is exactly what I was talking about..

With all due respect, people need to stop. I mean, stop equating constructive critiicism of hijab to being judgemental. It's not the same idea. Otherwise how are we suppose to act on our duty of: amr bil ma'uroof wa nahi anil munkar?

i don't know, but i really do NOT accept Hijab being misused or misrepresented.

We are representing the religion of Allah . Represent it correctly, watch your manners, dont do stuff without thinking . (like running after a celebrity)

For me, Hijab is not  just a tissue to keep my hair for my husband ... Hijab is beyond this. Its characters, its spirituality, its manners, its the way I live.

You should realize that you are not permitted to do whatever you want to when you wear the Hijab, there are certain things  you can do and other things you cannot.. this is what submitting to Allah means.   Hijab is like holding a poster written 'i am muslim' and walking on the street with it.. 

Moreover, all of you disgusted by those acting "like Westerners", how many of you are actually not from the West? As far as I know the overwhelming majority of you live in and enjoy the social, economic, and political benefits of the West. Just because you choose to segregate or ghettoize yourselves does not make you any less Western. Historical wrongs notwithstanding, all of us who are in the West came here for specific reasons and continue to choose to stay here. That makes us as Western as anyone, irrespective of skin colour or religion or culture. The West isn't some monolithic entity characterized by hedonism. Claiming or pretending so is simply internalizing the racist bigotry that many Western intellectuals have propagated in order to 'other', and therefore demonize, those deemed to be not belong to the geographic/sociological West.

At the end of the day, my point is this: if you believe in God, you must also hopefully believe that He has given us some years on this earth and a freewill. Since that's the case, why not do with it what you think is right and leave the judging to God? Only those insecure in their own faith partake in the ritualized publicizing of their religion while becoming ever more corrupt from the inside. If you need evidence, look at the social ills like drug and sexual abuse, corruption, filth, violence, crime etc that plagues all Muslim countries.

I was not bringing westerners down..  I was born in Canada, its belongs to the Indians, first nations we call them were the first to live here..  I am comparing  Jahilya VS Muslims . (Im comparing mindsets , not races) 

sorry deewan for editing my posts (you keep getting notifications for this )  , but you mentioned that we are being too judgmental and should leave it on god.. otherwise we will appear like those atheists speaking against theists or vice versa.. I'd like to say that i am not pointing fingers at anyone , i am speaking in general.. just like any other book you will read or article, we all have a thesis to defend.  A thesis can be negative or postive.. I think mine is positive.  I repeat, Hijab is a choice, so chose to represent it well.. its not just a tissue for fashion

Edited by -Enlightened

I dont understand why people like the interviwer are so aggrissive in their approach. Honestly,no one is going to change because of what you say, change is in the hand of the beholder... They criticize these girls and think its going to make them change?

Let's be realistic here,if your a fan of a scholer or relgious speaker or anyone you seen on tv that you watch,theirs bound to people that will react the same way... Like omg its sayad etc.

It's a reaction,some people over do it some dont care. The second video,the guy thats recording says whos adam salaih, the girl answers his a youtuber, the guy goes on saying I swear his a wastman... That init self proves that the people that are going out their critising x and y and z are not even looking at themself before even commenting.

Why isit that the people that highlight errors are always aggrissaive and expect you to say the answers they want to hear?

I think most of us forget that most of us are born into the relgion,not that many people have an opition and others dont even fully understand what their following and why they are following it... Hijab doesnt mean your a practising muslim it can be woren for cultruel reasons too.

His methods have a lot to be desired. Its not a wise approach. I remember when i was 13/14 and if some random dude started ordering me about like he was my dad through a megafone i wouldnt have felt inclined to listen to him. He looks quite young himself, so he perhaps hasnt learnt the delicate art of persuasion yet. He'd stand a better chance to influence if he could inspire people with his akhlaq and tactfully communicate that he understands the people he's talking to, first and fore most, then persuade with logical arguments and words of wisdom which would bring his desired audience to him, rather than the goat herding tactics.

Looks to be simple advice and calling away from evil. I don't see them beating people with sticks or anything. 

Teeny boppers tend to (it's in their unfinished, unpolished, ego-driven nature) perceive any criticism as if it's a Nazi attacking them.

Doesn't mean you don't still give them advice.

Looks to be simple advice and calling away from evil. I don't see them beating people with sticks or anything. 

Teeny boppers tend to (it's in their unfinished, unpolished, ego-driven nature) perceive any criticism as if it's a Nazi attacking them.

Doesn't mean you don't still give them advice.

Theres better ways to do it though. If you want to maximise the chance of success, its probably best not to throw unsolicited lectures/rants/orders at strangers through a megafone. They started off well, then it seemed to go down hill fast.

This is the most ridiculous thing ever and makes me want to punch all my stuffed animals one by one. 

As long as non of them are bears, you should do that.