Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
seekingthelight

The Parent

Rate this topic

In the name of God, the most Merciful.

★ THE PARENT ★

* All religions of the world have laid great emphasis on the rights of parents and the duties of children towards them.

Hinduism-"Bishma said: The worship of mother, father and preceptor (teacher) is most important according to me. The man who attends to that duty here, succeeds in acquiring great fame and many regions of felicity."

(No wonder the supreme leader of Iran Ali Khamenei attributes all his success to the fact that he abobdoned his studies to serve his father.)

Christianity-Colossians 3:20:  “Children, obey your parents in all things:  for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.”

According to Islamic teachings, to be obedient and to show kindness to parents has been enjoined in the Holy Quran in such a manner as to say that among the noble deeds, to obey parents, treat them respectfully and to show kindness to them is next to worshipping Almighty Allah. The Holy Quran says, "Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor." - Surah Al Isra (17:23)

* No way can u pay them back-A man comes to the prophet n says I have a old mother, who cannot do anything on her own.I wash he n clean her n feed her.When she desires to visit the house of God I pick her up on my back and make her circumbulate the house of God.So have I fulfilled her right? The prophet replied "You still have not fulfilled the right of one movement which you did while u were in her stomach." (And we thought just by providing maintenence to our parents we have done great favours on them.)

* Parents as means of forgiveness- Once a man walked up to Prophet Mohammed ( s ) and said that he was a great sinner and wanted to seek forgiveness for his sins, the prophet asked him Weather his parents were alive, he said his father was alive. The prophet told him to go n serve his father and God willingly his sins will b forgiven, as he left the prophet said "Only if his mother was alive"...(meaning serving the mother is a faster means of atonement of sins.)

By the way this works the other way as well, hurting the parent as little as being dissatisfied with them brings down huge calamities. Imam Ali says that this world is place of action and all accounts will be settled on the day of judgment. ..but being unkind to parents is a sin which has double returns, Punishment in this world as well as the hereafter.

* What about the most logical argument, that my parents r old n do actions which are wrong- A scholar beautifully replies he says "They (parents) could be wrong in their actions but no way should you be wrong in your reactions."

* Lastly what if my parents are not alive- No problem, u still have a second innings to play.Do some charity n dedicate that reward towards your parents.I Ali says 'Charity repels the calamities of this world and the punishments of the hereafter.'