Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
kez110

Medical Chemistry Help!

Salaam everyone

I am second year med student and badly stuck in chemistry. Any experienced tutors online here who can help also any suggestions which site books I should be using.

Any tips would be helpful.

Jazakallah :)

Salaam everyone

I am second year med student and badly stuck in chemistry. Any experienced tutors online here who can help also any suggestions which site books I should be using.

Any tips would be helpful.

Jazakallah :)

Wa alaykum salaam,

what type of chem is it? General, Organic, or Biochem?

If its organic chem id get stuck into the lecture notes and readings recommended by your prof. So much to memorise in biochem! 

If its physical chem you will prob find text books like Brown-Lemay good at explaining concepts and a source of practice questions. 

Thanxx every one for your replies. Itz mainly general chem I'm having difficulty with. The lectures which we are provided are not that helpful. We tend to have a test every week which is compulsory to pass in order to sit final. Any suggestion of tutors .

I'm not sure if you're after specific study techniques or help with a particular topic. It would be more useful if you described precisely what you're having trouble with. In most med schools curricula, the extent of biochemistry is limited to a brief overview of the organic chemistry essential for life, metabolic reactions, and a bit of molecular biology. Is that it or are you studying more than that?

Hey kez, e mail these guys e x p e r t - w r i t e r s @ outlook.com they might be able to help you put : D

lol im doing biochem the topic am struggling with is equilibrium , ph , disslocation of weak electrolytes.

(salam),

lol im doing biochem the topic am struggling with is equilibrium , ph , disslocation of weak electrolytes.

I would recommend this website: http://www.chemguide.co.uk/

The author is an Cambridge graduate and has a lot of teaching experience. When I was doing my A levels, I came to this website and 99% of the time, it had the answer (well to be fair, parts of it are specifically made for A level students). 

Good luck.

lol this guy! It's funny how he didn't mention the boss Biochem book by Lipincott. BRS biochem review is pretty good too. I haven't seen Goljan's biochem, though. On the list. 

Edited by Basim Ali