Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Miss Wonderful

What Is Your Daily Beauty Ritual?

Rate this topic

my beauty ritual is oil pulling with a tbs of Coconut oil every morning.

babydoll,

maybe u know but theres a very good line of videos on youtube called "HomeVeda". they have recipes for natural Ayurveda remedies that u can easily do at home with simple ingredients from ur kitchen. u dont have to go out & spend a ton of monry on some expensive products from those stupid cosmetic stores who only want ur money. their products only do more harm than good because they have a ton of chemicals in them. if u go natural u will have the most benefits.

simple stuff that people forget about can solve all ur skin & beauty problems, like salt water, lemons, oatmeal, green apples, cinnamon, honey, almonds. and of course the list is pretty ling byt u get the idea.

Stay beautiful

My beauty ritual is pretty simple. I brush my hair and wash my face. After I take wudu, I always comb my eyebrows to be neat. So if the brothers say they get blessings for combing their beard, mustache and eyebrows, we sisters get blessings for combing our eyebrows. :)

With a 6 month old, school and work it's not always easy finding time to have a full on beauty ritual. I tend to keep everything simple lately. With the cold wether my skin gets very dry so one product I can't live without is my moisturizer. I had to try several ones before finding one I liked on myself. If you go to sephora and ask for samples of moisturizers you can get enough to test in on your skin once you're home without having to buy a product you might hate. They will ask if you have dry normal or oily skin and tell you which they recomend. Just ask for a sample and they should be able to make you one. Since I wear a liquid foundation every day but lately I have been wanted a very sheer coverage so it looks like my skin just better I mix it with my moisturizer to sheer it out and wear it like a bb cream almost. Since I do this every day I also make sure my face is always washed and the makeup comes off entirely when I get home. I let my skin rest from makeup pretty often too I say it's because I don't want to damage my skin too much but I think I just chose to sleep in longer instead of wasting five minutes on applying barely there makeup lol. I also use a moisturizing mask and a deep cleansing mask once a week. I recently began doing this so I want to test out these masks before letting you know what I think of them. If I in fact do like what they are doing I will post later you share the name of the products.

I know the best beauty ritual is reading Quran, giving charity, manners and dua's   :) but I'm interested to know what your daily skin, hair, face, hands, feet, body, nails, and makeup rituals are so I can bounce ideas off you girls.  What are some treatments worth doing a spa  Vs doing it yourself at home, as I don't want to blow money on things I could easily do myself. Also what  perfumes and oils do you use?

Depends on what day it is.

Full body cleansing occurs daily with a Bath & Body Work or Victoria's Secret show gel.  I wash my hair either daily or every other day with OGX macadamia oil conditioner (no shampoo, conditioner only).  I keep my hair braided in small braids so I don't have to do anything besides pull it up in pony tail or bun under my hijab. I use a daily braid spray for my hair and scalp &  rebraid my hair every 2 months.  I know all these new fancy toothpastes are out but I like to use Closeup because the burning sensation feels good. I don't know why but the burning sensation makes me feel my teeth are extra clean. That along with daily flossing, mouthwash, and ever few days use hydrogen peroxide as a mouth wash to keep my teeth white and clean.

My skin gets really ashy so before I put on lotion I use a natural body oil that I make at home consisting of equal parts avocado, grapeseed, and apricot oils (can be purchased at any Whole Foods or natural food mart).   After that I use a B&BW/VS body butter (my skin is to dry for a lotion).  I use a B&BW/VS body spray or mist. I don't like perfumes, all of them are too loud smelling to me.

Biweekly I get a gel overlay on my nails. Sometimes I have the french look, sometimes I do polish. I do my own pedicure at home weekly or biweekly. I do it myself because I do it better. 

I don't use any full face makeup.  I keep my skin clear with Clean & Clear acne wash and astringent. I use Garnier gel face cream in the day and at night use (i forgot the name) some kind of garnier night serum.  I don't wear lipstick. I like lip glosses.  Black eyeliner, mascara, and light eyeshadow.  

Edited by Night_Inshallah

Salam all,

I was told that we cannot wear kohl since na-mehrams will see us:(

I just put kohl and lip gloss if required if im out for a dinner..and mascara at the most if its a wedding or major occassion once a year...

but i'm concerned now because they recently told us at the imambargah that even basic kohl is not allowed, and neither is gloss that shows the color...

Night _ InshaAllah,

How do you manage wudu with the manicures and pedicures/ gel overlays? Please advise...I used to enjoy my french manicures before converting, and I miss doing it...my only option is using a buffer if I feel like doing something...

tx

IFK, your wudu will be not valid if you will make gel nails. You can make it when you have "women's days" but i think it is better to not make it and have your natural. :)

I use natural oil or cream for my face, CC cream and mascara. By the way it is allowed to put a little bit of mascara? Im a blonde with white skin i don't feel good without mascara- like i don't have eyes. I can't use kohl because on my eyes it would look so much funny but i love kohl so much.

IFK, your wudu will be not valid if you will make gel nails. You can make it when you have "women's days" but i think it is better to not make it and have your natural. :)

I use natural oil or cream for my face, CC cream and mascara. By the way it is allowed to put a little bit of mascara? Im a blonde with white skin i don't feel good without mascara- like i don't have eyes. I can't use kohl because on my eyes it would look so much funny but i love kohl so much.

-After I shower every day, I make wudhu and then while my face is still damp I pat a teeny bit raw coconut oil all over my face because my face tends to feel dry after showers.

-Lately before bed I have been putting raw Apple Cider Vinegar on my face, diluted with a little bit of colloidal silver. I think it helps balance the pH of your skin and keep pimples at bay. Plus I think my skin has seemed more glowy lately.

-If my face feels like it needs extra care, I will make some concoction from one or more of the following--honey, turmeric, yogurt, milk, ACV, oatmeal, raw sugar, some kind of oil, and/or colloidal silver. Other than the things I have mentioned in these 3 points, nothing else touches my face, no lotion, no soap, no cleanser, foundation, makeup, nothing. I'm kind of paranoid, my skin is rather sensitive. 

-If my face or lips feel dry, I will either put a little bit of coconut oil or jojoba oil on my face/ lips. If my lips still feel dry I will put on one of the lip moisturizers I have and drink more water (sometimes I forget to drink enough water :no: ). 

-I try to make sure my eyebrows look decent, tweezing them every week or so. And I fill them in VERY LIGHTLY with kohl by wiping the kohl with a thin paint brush and applying that to my eyebrows. 

-I try to keep myself smelling nice by using hair perfumes and body sprays, but I tend to forget or not care that much. 

-I trim my nails about every two/three weeks or so (the ones I haven't bitten off) but I don't cut them all the way down because I like having them longer. About 2-4 mm is a really nice neat length. I should get a buffer...

I'm trying to be more girly and embrace daily grooming and stuff because I know how important it is, but part of my soul is kind of tomboy and/or hippy and doesn't care about any of that nonsense lol.

Edited by dragonfly