Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShiaHashmi

Overall, Muslims Are Not A Happy Lot.

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

Overall, Muslims are not a happy lot. I actually feel very sad for this 

They’re not happy in Gaza
They’re not happy in Egypt
They’re not happy in Libya
They’re not happy in Morocco
They’re not happy in Iran
They’re not happy in Iraq
They’re not happy in Yemen
They’re not happy in Afghanistan
They’re not happy in Pakistan
They’re not happy in Syria
They’re not happy in Lebanon

So, where are they actually happy?
They’re happy in Australia
They’re happy in England
They’re happy in France
They’re happy in Italy
They’re happy in Germany
They’re happy in Sweden
They’re happy in US & Canada
They’re happy in INDIA

Surprisingly, they’re happy in almost every country that is not Islamic!

And who do they blame?
- Not Islam
- Not their leadership
- Not themselves

AND, THEY FIND THE BLAME WITH THE COUNTRIES THAT THEY ARE HAPPY IN!

And furthermore, they want to change the countries they’re happy in, to be like the countries that they came from where they were unhappy.

Buddhists living with Hindus = No Problem
Hindus living with Christians = No Problem
Christians living with Shinto = No Problem
Shinto living with Confucians = No Problem
Confucians living with Bahai’s = No Problem
Bahai’s living with Jews = No Problem
Jews living with Atheists = No Problem
Atheists living with Buddhists = No Problem
Buddhists living with Sikhs = No Problem
Sikhs living with Hindus = No Problem
Hindus living with Bahai’s = No Problem
Bahai’s living with Christians = No Problem
Christians living with Jews = No Problem
Jews living with Buddhists = No Problem
Buddhists living with Shinto = No Problem
Shinto living with Atheists = No Problem
Atheists living with Confucians = No Problem
Confucians living with Hindus = No Problem

But..

Muslims living with Hindus = Problem
Muslims living with Buddhists = Problem
Muslims living with Christians = Problem
Muslims living with Jews = Problem
Muslims living with Sikhs = Problem
Muslims living with Bahai = Problem
Muslims living with Shinto = Problem
Muslims living with Atheists = Problem

MUSLIMS LIVING WITH MUSLIMS = BIGGER PROBLEM !

Mind You: Worth thinking! Hw to help our brother hood , do you think need more education ? Need respect to other religion ? we need to review our relations and follow the guide lines of last messenger (p.b.u.h.).

Shias living with Shias = no problem

Sunnis living with shia = problem when Sunni becomes Salafi and starts to hunt shias

Wahabi living with Wahabi = Hell for the women

Wahabi jihadi living with Sunni = forced Jihad al Nikah on Sunni women

As you can see, Muslims are always the victims and shias are usually attacked first by the salafi.

Edited by Sayed Faridoon Taha

Shias living with Shias = no problem

Sunnis living with shia = problem when Sunni becomes Salafi and starts to hunt shias

Wahabi living with Wahabi = Hell for the women

Wahabi jihadi living with Sunni = forced Jihad al Nikah on Sunni women

As you can see, Muslims are always the victims and shias are usually attacked first by the salafi.

Man them Salafi's are haters brother, but seriously i agree with you because sunnis's are fine alone but when they taught extremist views then they evolve like a Pokemon in to a Wahhabi then the final evolution being a salafi. 

Edited by syeduddin

The best Muslim defence to this observation is refusal to acknowledge the problem....and you'll have plenty of this in this very thread :D

That's because the first post stands up to no scrutiny at all and is created by a Zionist Islamophobe.

In fact such is their hatred of Muslims that they say, 'Christians living with Jews = no problem', which they probably did not intend to say.

Because it's tantamount to Holocaust denial...

Yes it's true to an extent & there is Tonnes of social psychological research into the factors of this. But sociologists have noticed that muslims living in "western" countries tend to become more & more OK with pluralism & also secularize fast.

I think the specific problem is the same problem that is the mother of most bad press & instability for muslims: salafism

Dumb post with nonsensical "points."

Sounds like it was written by one of those anti-Islam loser bigots.

Sure. It is dumb and written by an obvious bigot. But you know as well as I do how much this observation rings true. Just look around...

Problems with shintoists?

Where did that come from? :wacko:

Actually there are quite a few people in Asia Pacific who have quite considerable problems with Shintoists: Korean comfort women; Philipinos; the residents of Nanking; WWII prisoners of war who were eaten by the Japanese...

I live in a Western country and I'm far from happy. I hate my life. The problem isn't as simple as "muslims" living with "muslims"/non muslims. It's mainly sunnis/salafis that are intolerant of other religions.

Dumb post with nonsensical "points."

Sounds like it was written by one of those anti-Islam loser bigots.

its really dumb of you to think its a dumb post  ;)  come out from the state of denial.

problems cant be solved until they are acknowledged as a problems.

Actually there are quite a few people in Asia Pacific who have quite considerable problems with Shintoists: Korean comfort women; Philipinos; the residents of Nanking; WWII prisoners of war who were eaten by the Japanese...

Even the classification of "Shintoist" is incorrect.

Shintoism isn't a religion in the same sense as Islam or Christianity.

Nobody in Japan calls themself a Shintoist. Some visit shrines and perform religious rituals, and some don't. But none of them call themselves Shintoists. There is not some kind of Shinto shahadah or anything. What we call Shintoism, we are simply referring to the religious and spiritual beliefs of the people of Japan. Shintoism only exists in the context of Japanese culture; it's not like Islam which stretches from southeast Asia to West Africa and Eastern Europe and which constantly gains droves of new followers in Western Europe and the Americas.

I live in a Western country and I'm far from happy. I hate my life. The problem isn't as simple as "muslims" living with "muslims"/non muslims. It's mainly sunnis/salafis that are intolerant of other religions.

find a job and start earning then you will be happy.

its really dumb of you to think its a dumb post  ;)  come out from the state of denial.

The denial (ignorance of world history would be a better description) is the idea that it's only Muslims who cannot get on with others.

(bismillah)

what a [edited] post .

Edited by Haji 2003
you're going to have to post something more substantive in future

(bismillah)

Mind You: Worth thinking! Hw to help our brother hood , do you think need more education ? Need respect to other religion ? we need to review our relations and follow the guide lines of last messenger (p.b.u.h.).

(salam) brother

To be honest this is not all true. Here's what I have found during my life time and I have traveled to different parts of the world. Reason why muslims are so called "happy" in western countries is because they get their basic rights, they don't live in time of war, they get some degree of peace where they live, they have some degree of islamic services near. However biggest problem is that most of those muslims, especially old generation they feel themselves as "gharib", meaning outsider. They don't feel that they belong to the community because it differs from their view and on the way of life of islam very much. However this doesn't mean we can't change our attitudes, we can and we should. We need to be more tolerant towards other religion people, learn those beautiful moral conduct that Ahlul-Bayt (as) have taught us, educate ourselves. I don't blame all muslims, that's why this is personal reason. During my time when I travelled around the world I have always sensed and found out from muslims that feeling outside of the community is biggest problem. That's why when they live in their home country its much different.

Personally when I visited my home country after 24 years for one month I never had such peace like I had when I lived in western country for the last 22 years.

Edited by Haji 2003
Please quote responsibly so that the thread remains navigable.

LET ME TELL YOU PEOPLE HOW MUCH YOU ENJOY LIVING IN YOUR OWN COUNTRIES. NEVER MIND PROVIDING THOSE PESKY "SOURCES."

Meanwhile, China has a lower rate of depression than the USA. Go figure

http://www.webmd.com/depression/news/20110726/richer-countries-have-higher-depression-rates

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/01/happiness-index-only-1-in_n_3354524.html

Or are they?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/09/130909-2013-world-happiness-report-united-nations/

http://www.bustle.com/articles/4834-world-happiness-report-says-americans-are-17th-happiest-people-on-the-planet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report

Of course, "happiness" is a problematic term since the Scandinavian countries are the "happiest" according to the UN, but also have the highest suicide rates.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/04/25/why-the-happiest-states-have-the-highest-suicide-rates/

Basically, before you start spouting C-rap like "this country is happier than this one," you first have to realize the problems that come with throwing around a word like "happiness," Like one of the links above says, Albania may be 62nd on the World Happiness rankings, but it's had a greater increase in overall happiness than the United States (whose 'happiness rate' has been dropping more and more in spite of the supposedly higher quality of life) at least according to the UN's standards and at the same time happiness has been increasing at a higher rate than the USA, France, etc. each year in some other Islamic countries.

Not to mention the fact that there are many factors for unhappiness in many other countries, one of which is of course long histories of being exploited by foreign companies and governments, usually those belonging to countries far more developed than themselves for whom the maintaining of their own happiness is not always without the cost of that of others, as well other problems caused by various regional socio-economic factors. Religion is certainly a big influence on history, but it is not the only influence and it is often influenced just as much as it influences in turn.

^ Hello,

What Western country do you live in?  And, why are you unhappy?

All the Best,

David

Please keep in mind this is what its like dealing with David66:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235024791-lioness-of-iran-simin-behbahani-dies-age-87/#entry2732094

He may sound serious, but you'll get frustrated dealing with him soon enough.

Also, watch this.

I don't recall if it was in this lecture, but he once said that trying to be happy in this world is like trying to be place that's cold and hot at once. This world is designed by Allah swt to make us suffer. We are here to experience pain. This realm is not for happiness. That' the next one for those who are worthy. Look at Imam Hussein (as) died. Pain happens to Allah swt's best creations. You really need to look at the meaning of life. What every second of everyday here is about.

Peace.

Sure. It is dumb and written by an obvious bigot. But you know as well as I do how much this observation rings true. Just look around...

You guys are just being contrarian.

And you, Mr. Hashmi, since apparently I am dumb and in denial, how about we sit down and assess this turd of a "commentary?"

Like any bigoted facebook fodder, this piece rests on certain assumptions

The first assumption is that everyone in the countries he names are unhappy and "trying to come over here and take aaar jaaabs." Now, is this the case, or not?

The idiot mentions Egypt, Iran, Pakistan. These are all countries with over 80 million people. And even if these nations have large diaspora populations, this diaspora does not come close to matching the population in their home countries. So how can we make the judgement that everyone in all of those countries is just DYING to come to the West?

More importantly than that, the countries he mentions are subject to very different circumstances, and the motivations of people for leaving are also, very different. (BTW, people are unhappy in Gaza??? No c.rap, Sherlock, I wonder why)

For example, a person in Somalia has different circumstances from someone in Pakistan, who has different circumstances from someone in Iran. And their motivations for leaving their country can certainly not be jumbled into the same pile.

The next assumption is that every Muslim who lives in the West is ungrateful of the paradisical life which has been benevolently given to them, and thus: "want to change the countries they’re happy in, to be like the countries that they came from where they were unhappy."

So there are three basic assumptions:

1) Every Muslim country is a c.raphole and it's all because Muslims are c.rappy people. (especially in Gaza, how dare they bomb themselves into such an existence!!!)

2) Muslims, naturally, all want to leave their c.raphole and come to OUR country, where they live on welfare and continue being c.rappy, unproductive leeches, and occasionally TAKING AAR JAAAAAAAABS

3) In spite of this, Muslims are just sooooooo ungrateful that they want to change OUR country and make it like THEIR c.rappy countries. With their jee-had and their shuriyuh law and all of that.

I'm not even gonna address the nonsense of EVERY SINGLE RELIGIOUS GROUP living a happy hippie communal life and it's only the uncultured, uncivilized, boorish MOZLEMS who spoil the party. Haji has already answered that well, and I don't even know how anyone could be so dense as to find truth in it to begin with. (You should be ashamed of yourself, whoever you are).

But just those three assumptions; how pathetic they are.

Basically, it's a matter of perspective. If someone is: 1) a bigoted poopface, 2) has zero knowledge on the conditions within these countries and why people who leave them, leave them, and 3) has zero legitimate interaction with any of the immigrants from these countries which live near him, then this is the result. This bigoted pile of c.rap which has zero resemblance to reality.

And here is the problem with it: if you can buy that every single Muslim in all of Africa and Asia would kill his own mother for a green card, if you can buy that they come to the West with identical motivations, if you can buy that they are lazy, non-contributing leeches, first of all, you're an idiot. But secondly, even you can't be so stupid as to buy that Muslims are actually changing Western countries to make them like their own countries. (And no, please don't show me interviews of Anjem Choudary unless you have evidence that he is representative of most Muslims in the West.)

Muslims in the West are as socially active as a baked potato. Show me where any large group of Muslims has campaigned for changing the political or social structure of the US, Canada, or the UK to make it more closely resemble that of their own countries? Where? Most of them are just sitting at home eating halal bacon and playing X-Box. They are just as inactive and indifferent to their political system as the average American.

So how can any of this diatribe ring true to any of you?

There is a difference between being honest with yourself and being a moron. If you agree with ANY of this ridiculous facebook spam thing, congratulations, you are a moron. If the author of this actually bothered to interact with the Muslims in his community instead of just being angry that he has to hear languages other than his own while he is shopping for "Mediterranean" spices, maybe he could have realized that he is wrong about everything.