Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ruq

The Burn Isis Flag Challenge

Rate this topic

Furious Muslims are flooding the internet with their own version of the Ice Bucket Challenge in protest against the Islamic State - by burning the terror group's flag.

Dozens of pictures and videos are trending on Twitter and YouTube showing campaigners from America to Lebanon setting fire to the black jihadist standard.

The groundswell of disgust comes after the sickening beheadings of two U.S. journalists which were even denounced by hate cleric Abu Qatada.

article-2747644-212A0B8E00000578-294_634

http://youtu.be/HgOWVt8EA5A

One image posted on Twitter shows demonstrators in London torching an IS flag with the message: 'Arab World's version of the Ice Bucket Challenge.'

Another shows a middle-aged woman holding a burning flag with the defiant tweet: 'Burn that flag! Kill the flagwavers!'

A video uploaded to YouTube which has more than 100,000 views also urged everyone else to follow suit.

Yesterday, even Qatada, who was recently extradited from Britain to Jordan on terror charges, condemned the barbaric tactics employed by the Islamic State.

Qatada was once described by a Spanish judge as the right-hand man in Europe of Al Qaeda terror network founder Osama bin Laden.

Speaking to reporters from the dock at a Amman courthouse about the beheadings of U.S. journalists James Foley and Steven Sotloff, he said: 'Journalists should not be killed because they are messengers of the truth.'

He also branded IS 'a killing and demolition machine' and likened its fighters to 'dogs of hellfire'.

Meanwhile, U.S. warplanes have wiped out Islamic State insurgents menacing Iraq's Haditha Dam with five air strikes that widened what Barack Obama called a campaign to ultimately defeat the jihadist movement.

The aerial assault drove Islamic State fighters away from the dam, according to a police intelligence officer in the vast western province of Anbar, a hotbed of Islamist insurgency.

The U.S. military said in a statement that the strikes destroyed four IS Humvees, four IS armed vehicles, two of which were carrying anti-aircraft artillery, an IS fighting position, one IS command post and an IS defensive fighting position.

U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the strikes on the Sunni Muslim insurgents had been carried out at the request of the Shi'ite Muslim-led central government in Baghdad.

'If that dam would fall into (Islamic State's) hands or if that dam would be destroyed, the damage that would cause would be very significant and it would put a significant, additional and big risk into the mix in Iraq,' Hagel told reporters during a trip to Georgia's capital, Tbilisi.

Obama said on the weekend he would explain to Americans this week his plan to 'start going on some offense' against Islamic State.

'We are going to be a part of an international coalition, carrying out air strikes in support of work on the ground by Iraqi troops, Kurdish troops,' he said in an NBC TV interview.

'We are going to systematically degrade their capabilities. We're going to shrink the territory that they control. And ultimately we're going to defeat 'em.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2747644/The-Burn-ISIS-Flag-Challenge-Outraged-Muslims-flood-web-version-Ice-Bucket-Challenge-protest-against-Islamic-State-barbarism.html#ixzz3CjaaUWT1

I though the only way to dispose a paper or book that has Allahs name on it you have to burn it,but I may be wrong.

This flag is designed by isis,and by burning it does not mean the indivudal hates Allah but the people that carry it. It represent isis,not Allah or propht mahammed (pbuh).

I rather see them burn it then spitting and stamping on it...

So get your hard earned money, buy an ISIL flag only to burn it and then realize you burned what you are not suppose to burn.

ISIL should start selling more of their flags, this new challenge can really fund them even more.

I though the only way to dispose a paper or book that has Allahs name on it you have to burn it,but I may be wrong.

This flag is designed by isis,and by burning it does not mean the indivudal hates Allah but the people that carry it. It represent isis,not Allah or propht mahammed (pbuh).

So I can burn the name of namrod or pharoh in the qur'an since I hate them but not Allah

Edited by Sayed Faridoon Taha

Burning it is the most respectful way to dispose of a paper or cloth with Allah's name on it, isn't it?

In fact, I was told to burn a Qur'an because it had become too fallen apart to use. A shaikh told me to burn it instead of disposing of it.

The flag of Israel has the star of Nabi Dawud on it, it is also holy ,yet people still burn it. 

the reality is, what is on these flags are misrepresented and do not reflect the true character of who ISIS is .     I may be writing 'Allah' on myself, but it does not mean that I am religious on the inside ..  just like ISIS, they may be writing 'Allah' all over their flags, but it does not mean they believe in Allah inside .

I didnt know you could burn it, i thought you had to either disintegrate it in water or bury it (??) i have a badly translated Quran that i havent got rid of yet, burning would be the easiest way. Its one of those with a lot of parentheses, like putting the Prophets(saw) name after 'he frowned and turned away from the blind man' etc. I dont want to to pass it on to anyone else because of the corrupt translation.

Burning it is the most respectful way to dispose of a paper or cloth with Allah's name on it, isn't it?

In fact, I was told to burn a Qur'an because it had become too fallen apart to use. A shaikh told me to burn it instead of disposing of it.

Did you burn it then?

This is the perfect psychological game, to devalue the name of Allah and discredit the religion, especially by the muslims them selves.

Who came up with the idea to burn the flag? and why have the general retarded muslim population accepted this behavior. Imagine the young muslims, seeing the elders burning the name of Allah, what value will that person have of it , in the near future. At one place, they are told to worship Allah and on the other side, it is somehow acceptable to burn it.

A perfect case of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance.

And burning has nothing to do with one being against ISIS, it is actually stating we are Against the religion of Allah. They could have printed banners and flags with the name ISIS, and then burnt it.

The first flag-burning in this video is how the Iraqis have done it in the past and other people are catching on:

It says  لا إله إلا الرهاب - there is no deity except the terrorist. It has also removed the name of the Prophet and Allah. And it's not like these creatures have respect for the Iraqi flag which has the name of Allah on it as welll: 

But If you actually want to know where these filthy creatures got such a good flag is from this:

Muhammad_letter_maqoqas_egypt.jpg

Edited by Jaabir ibn Hayyan

I'm in support of these burnings.

The word "Allah" on their flag is meaningless. They don't worship the same universal Creator and God the rest of us do. To them the end goal is not Allah, but "Islamic State" and genocide, and "Allah" is an empty meaningless word they throw around to justify it and get recruits.

I've been thinking of starting a thread about how modern islamism is not even about pleasing God but rather more about "sharia" as an end goal in and of itself, based on young anger and nihilism.

Edited by ChattingwithShias

Burning this flag that has the inprint of Allah, Mohammad (pbuh) and first part of Shahada is highly disrespectful to all Muslims... and now even we see some Muslims here agree with the idea?

So if tomorrow people start burning the holy Quran, since it is the book of Sharia in ISIS court and call it 'The Burn-ISIS-Book' you guys will follow?

ISIS misrepresent the symboles in their flags, they misrepresent the holy Quran in their rulings and claims of Jihad, they misrepresent Islam, and etc.. that does not mean that we distance from all symboles, holy people, holy book, and Islam as a whole because they (ISIS people) misrepresent them.

And plus this act has no benefit.. burning and chanting, and protests against a terror group who has no respect for human life and are worse than wild animals will make no difference in their parts or in any part in a struggle against them.

This is the perfect psychological game, to devalue the name of Allah and discredit the religion, especially by the muslims them selves.

Who came up with the idea to burn the flag? and why have the general retarded muslim population accepted this behavior. Imagine the young muslims, seeing the elders burning the name of Allah, what value will that person have of it , in the near future. At one place, they are told to worship Allah and on the other side, it is somehow acceptable to burn it.

A perfect case of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance.

And burning has nothing to do with one being against ISIS, it is actually stating we are Against the religion of Allah. They could have printed banners and flags with the name ISIS, and then burnt it.

exactly.

shia get carried out by movements and trends that are not ours nor have anything to do with us or our cause. just because its done on internet or in mid an tahrir or in kremlin, dose not mean we have to follow.

no one knows exactly what's the goal of isis cause it is obvious that they can't and to really thinking of establishing a government. they are playing a lame historical dama .

we don't know who is behind their funding, their intelligence support etc

but we know that their damage to islam in our age is far greater than anything that has happened in our islamic history.

If non muslims wanted to show their despise toward the flag through burning (which is not done with intention to preserve , you can always burry the quran or dissolve it in water or throw it to river or sea), it is dumb from muslims to follow.

Iraqis so far showed great self restriction against disrespecting the name on the flag of isis despite that they are who are being slaughtered , so for those living behind their screens and feeling too motivated to show their support for muslims being slaughtered, it is funny that they do it through making the cause of Muslims of middle east even harder.

they should write ISIS on a black cloth and burn it.

yes burning is best way to dispose material on which Allah name is written, but only when we really want to dispose it and not because its a ice bucket challenge and people are burning Allah name for fun. Nauzobillah

Edited by ShiaHashmi

Astagfirallah at reading some of the comments in this thread. :'(

Brothers and Sisters do we not remember from history?

When our Imam Ali(AS) was fighting in the battle of sifeen?  When the enemy placed the Quran on spears? 

Let us not be like the ones who abandoned and betrayed our Imam(AS) that day by falling into this trap. 

ws

May I remind us that Muawiya also used this trick in the battle of siffein, he ordered his soldiers to put the names of Allah and the holy quran on spears to confuse the Muslims, and it worked. So in a way our Imams have said that they are only paper (or skin and ink back in those days). just a thought.

May I remind us that Muawiya also used this trick in the battle of siffein, he ordered his soldiers to put the names of Allah and the holy quran on spears to confuse the Muslims, and it worked. So in a way our Imams have said that they are only paper (or skin and ink back in those days). just a thought.

Salam, did Imam 'Ali (as) burn those Qurans or throw them to the ground or in any way disrespect them?

Tell me, why is it impermissible to throw copies of the Quran on the ground or to disrespect it in any way or even touch the words if you are not tahir?  Is it not just "paper/skin and ink" as you said?  Just a thought.

was salam

(bismillah)

Salam

I would not burn any object with the name of GOD on it .. this is what ellite want .. to rid the name of GOD no matter what religion .

so i condone burning the ISIS flag , rather it should be changed make it white backround with GOD name in the middle . simialr to the Iranian flag.

N

Salam, did Imam 'Ali (as) burn those Qurans or throw them to the ground or in any way disrespect them?

was salam

Well technically we don't know. We do know that Imam Ali(As) was opposed to what happend in sifeen with what most of his army ended up doing...had they kept fighting, as Imam Ali(AS) said it was a tactical ploy..so yeah we don't know what would have happend to those copies. Maybe they would have fell in battle.

But Imam Ali (as) wouldn't just completely halt and not fight because they were holding Qurans...that's like saying Israel can bomb iran all it wants too but iran can't and won't attack israel because they have the Quran and Allah swt's name on the the roofs of their bases lool.

Well technically we don't know. We do know that Imam Ali(As) was opposed to what happend in sifeen with what most of his army ended up doing...had they kept fighting, as Imam Ali(AS) said it was a tactical ploy..so yeah we don't know what would have happend to those copies. Maybe they would have fell in battle.

But Imam Ali (as) wouldn't just completely halt and not fight because they were holding Qurans...that's like saying Israel can bomb iran all it wants too but iran can't and won't attack israel because they have the Quran and Allah swt's name on the the roofs of their bases lool.

This is absurd.

If there is a lesson to learn from Soffin it shall be the opposite to this ridiculous conclusion.

The lesson is (don't be fooled by overly emotional situation)

In this case , the emotional situation is the great hatred to the isis, and the assured reaction is to join a protests by non Muslims who TAKE this opportunity to show their despise to Islam not only to isis.

The context . They are burning ISIS flag, the criminals , the Kafirs.

BUT

Should we join the protesters who do not differentiate between YOU and ISIS?

I won't, the protest cause is not my cause. Their burning of the flag is morally as corrupt as their cause.

This is the siffin lesson.

I am Ali said about the Quran on spears

Kalimatu haqq urado biha batil

A word of truth used to reach falsehood

Edited by Chaotic Muslem