Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Murtada98

Was Mohammed (S.a.w.) Only A Medium To God?

Rate this topic

He did not wish to be worshiped; could you say that the Quran is the only truth and all hadiths, whether that be false or true, are meaningless since they did not come directly from god? Pardon me if I come off as anti-Mohammed, I definitely follow him because god chose him but this question has been in my head for a while.

[53:2] Your comrade erreth not, nor is deceived;
[53:3] Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire.
[53:4] It is naught save an inspiration that is inspired,

The Prophet Muhammad(pbuhahp) was always in communion with Allah(swt). Whatever he said was the word of Allah(swt) and his actions were the fulfilment of the divine will.

------------

Long Answer:

-------------

http://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/infallibility-prophets-part-1

http://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/infallibility-prophets-part-2

http://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/infallibility-prophets-part-3

(salam)

Muhammad (sawa) and his pure progeny are the face of God. They are the living and speaking Qur'an; their words are directly from God. Having their didar is as if you are having the didar of Allah tabarak wa ta'ala. It is a Sunni idea that the Holy Prophet (sawa) was only a mouthpiece.

In fact, they (the Sunni) are planning on exhuming his exhalted remains and moving them to an undisclosed location so that people won't visit him in person. This is a very depraved thing to do; if they only knew his status they would cower in fear of divine retribution.

The Holy Prophet (sawa) and his pure progeny (`as) are like perfect mirrors that reflect God. God is not inside of them but looking at and speaking to them is as looking at and speaking to God.

It was `Umar that first said "the Qur'an alone is sufficient for us". Do not fall into this foolishness.

Ya `Ali (`as) bilutfika adrikni.

Edited by Haydar Husayn
Insult towards Sunni personalities

But doesn't that make him simply a medium? When lightning goes through metal and shocks you upon touch, you know that the metal isn't electrical, the lightning is. I think i see now why he really didn't want to be worshiped and forbid any pictures of him. Also, if the Hadiths are also god's words then why is there a difference between them and the Quran? These are genuine questions and i don't mean to demean Mohammed at all.

Would you please show a bit respect when you use the term/name "Mohammed" for prophet Mohammad (pbuh).

And on your questions... these things are discussed 100s of times online, you better off  finding on websites using google... they are too childish for a good topic of discussion on a forum.

Brother Murtada, Assalamu 'Alaykom

Allah(swt) did not state that Islam is based solely on the Noble Quran, but rather both; the Quran and the Sunnah(commandments and teachings) of the prophet(pbuh).

"O you who believe! obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority from among you; then if you quarrel about anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you believe in Allah and the last day; this is better and very good in the end." [Al-Nisa' 4:59]

In the first portion from the above Ayat in Surat Al-Nisa', Allah(swt) has explicitly stated that obedience towards him, the messenger being Muhammad(pbuh) and leaders that will succeed the prophet and have authority among us being the 12 Imams(as), as obligatory and a prerequisite to be a Mumin(believer). Moreover, Allah(swt) stresses this command further by addressing it to the Mumineen(believers) in the first part of the verse. In other words, he is Informing the Mumineen(beleivers), that in order for them to remain Mumineen, they must obey every command given to them by the prophet and the Imams, peace be upon them all just as similarly as they should obey Allah(swt).

The second part of the verse states that when ever we fall into differences about a certain issue, then we should refer it to Allah(swt) and the prophet(pbuh). Practically, we refer to Allah by going back to the Quran and obeying it's divine commandments and refer to the prophet by following his Sunnah. The prophet's Sunnah, which is the same taught by our later Imams, can be accessed today via the Ahadith books which we possess.

It's also important to mention that the Quran and the Sunnah of the Ahlulbayt are not equal in weight. The prophet in the famous Hadith Al-Thaqalyn stated that Islam is composed of both; the Quran and Sunnah of the Ahlulbayt, with the former being more important than the latter. However, just because the Quran holds more weight than the Sunnah of the prophet, it does not mean that the Sunnah can be neglected, as it still holds and integral part of the religion, which is stated from the above verse and the Hadith Al-Thaqayln(two weighty thing, being the Quran and Sunnah).

The Sunnah of the prophet and the Quran do not contradict each other but instead go hand in hand. The Sunnah is used to further elaborate on Allah's commandments in the Quran and the only person who Allah has chosen and allowed to elaborate on his commandments further by his permission is prophet Muhammed, hence we follow his commandments as ordered by Allah. In other words, obeying the prophet, is obeying Allah, and disobeying the prophet is disobeying Allah. To give you an example, Allah has ordered the Muslims to offer Salat in the Quran. However, he did not specify the details and the nature of how the salat should be performed, but instead, ordered the prophet(pbuh) to teach the Muslims about the details and nature of the Salat. We can only know those details today via the Ahadith and since Salat is Wajib, we are obliged to follow the authentic Ahadith from the prophet and Imams where they give instructions on how the Salat should properly be performed.

Hope that answered your question.

Muhammed(s) is respected by Muslims for 2 reasons.

1) he (pbuh)  was medium for Allah to send his message

2) he (pbuh)   practically followed what he preached and also he showed practical ways to fulfill God's commands.  

Edited by ShiaHashmi

(salam)

Mods: I request this thread be locked.

Reasoning: 1] "medium" is in the same witchcraft category as "fortuneteller", etc. Ergo this attacks Muhammad (pbuh)

.                   2] As the Quran and Hadith reveals, Jabril Amin was the communicative agent

(salam)

Mods: I request this thread be locked.

Reasoning: 1] "medium" is in the same witchcraft category as "fortuneteller", etc. Ergo this attacks Muhammad (pbuh)

.                   2] As the Quran and Hadith reveals, Jabril Amin was the communicative agent

I said i mean no offence and Mohammed is exactly a medium from God to Jabril to us, deny that and you deny Islam.

(salam)

Muhammad Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå and his pure progeny are the face of God. They are the living and speaking Qur'an; their words are directly from God. Having their didar is as if you are having the didar of Allah tabarak wa ta'ala. It is a Sunni idea that the Holy Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå was only a mouthpiece.

What do you mean when you say that their words are directly from God? Do you mean inspired by God, or literally the word of God in the way the Qur'an is? Would you also say that every single thing they ever said or did in their lives was directly from God?

In fact, they (the Sunni) are planning on exhuming his exhalted remains and moving them to an undisclosed location so that people won't visit him in person. This is a very depraved thing to do; if they only knew his status they would cower in fear of divine retribution.

I seriously doubt this is true, but in any case according to our beliefs his body would no longer be there anyway.

The Holy Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå and his pure progeny (`as) are like perfect mirrors that reflect God. God is not inside of them but looking at and speaking to them is as looking at and speaking to God.

Did they ever claim this? Allah never said this in the Qur'an, and in fact there are several verses in the Qur'an that wouldn't fit in very well with this idea.

It was `Umar that first said "the Qur'an alone is sufficient for us". Do not fall into this foolishness.

Of course, but the Qur'an is still the more important of the thaqalain, and the Imams told is to compare hadiths to the Qur'an. Therefore we should be a little careful in accepting hadiths that convey meanings that appear contradictory to the meaning of the Qur'an.

I'm not sure how you could follow him if you reject his teachings (i.e. hadiths).

Please don't misunderstand, I've never rejected his teachings. I simply had a question and Al-Najashi kindly answered it. If my tone came off as anti-Mohamed(which i didn't intend) then i apologize.

Asalaamu alaikum brother Haydar. I apologize for the confusion in what I wrote.

What do you mean when you say that their words are directly from God? Do you mean inspired by God, or literally the word of God in the way the Qur'an is? Would you also say that every single thing they ever said or did in their lives was directly from God?

I mean that their words are inspired by God.

I seriously doubt this is true, but in any case according to our beliefs his body would no longer be there anyway.

You're right. Somebody posted this both on ShiaChat and Facebook but it was a misunderstanding. Someone in the Saudi government had proposed it in an academic or opinion essay; it is not official. Apologies for speaking before verifying. What do you mean by his body not being there any longer?

Did they ever claim this? Allah never said this in the Qur'an, and in fact there are several verses in the Qur'an that wouldn't fit in very well with this idea.

I didn't mean physically. The Imams aren't idols to be worshipped. I meant spiritually. They are the Caliphs of Allah (as per the Qur'an) meaning that they are the representatives of Allah on Earth. An American diplomat represents America so speaking to a diplomat is likened unto speaking to the president of the United States. Likewise, speaking to the representative of Allah is likened unto speaking to Allah himself.

Of course, but the Qur'an is still the more important of the thaqalain, and the Imams told is to compare hadiths to the Qur'an. Therefore we should be a little careful in accepting hadiths that convey meanings that appear contradictory to the meaning of the Qur'an.

With contradictory aHadeeth, I agree. If it contradicts the Qur'an, it is out because the Qur'an is the most authentic source we have. However, I hold the unpopular opinion that a great deal of the Qur'an was removed from what we have now. Since we don't have the full revelation at this time, we must refer to the speaking Qur'an for issues that the current version of the written Qur'an does not speak on.

I know (or assume) that you do not believe in tahreef so my last point isn't something we will ever agree on but I hope my explanations for the other confusing statements have helped clear things up in sha2 Allah.