Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

My Intro To Islam Teacher .

Rate this topic

Salaam !

I registered to a class called ''Introduction to Islam''  with a Muslim (sunni) teacher and so far, two courses have passed ..and wallahi he is misguiding me and the class more than anything.

So far, he claimed that islam believes :

-That eve came from the rib of Adam (He got this from the ''hadith'' that sunnis have)

-That the Zam zam water that Hajar prayed for is not proven archeologically , therefore it should not be believed 

-That there is a verse in the Quran apparently where Satan whispered to the prophet to believe in Allah and make the whole world muslim (?)

-That the main reason why muslim people would go to Hajj before was for economical reasons to do trade and such and to rise the economy of Saudia Arabia..(after the pre-islamic era.)

-That Hajj is more important than five daily prayers because Hajj has a verse that is justified in the Quran but prayers are ambigious ..

I have no idea what to write on the midterm paper in few weeks...Can anyone confirm if any of these claims are true, according to our shia beliefs ?

Edited by -Enlightened
  • Veteran Member

(salam) dont have much time, so I cannot explain much. I will answer more in depth later inshAllah.

Point One: Was Eve created from the ribs of Prophet Adam and doesn't this contradict what the Quran says in this regard?

Point two: Such reasoning is flawed. God cannot be physically proved, therefore God doesnt exist? Zam Zam water is proven through divine words in the Quran, which is far more than truth for a believer.

Point Three: I need to see the verse, if there is such a verse, it is contradictory.

[shakir 15:39] He said: My Lord! because Thou hast made life evil to me, I will certainly make (evil) fair-seeming to them on earth, and I will certainly cause them all to deviate

[shakir 15:40] Except Thy servants from among them, the devoted ones.
[Pickthal 15:40] Save such of them as are Thy perfectly devoted slaves.
[Yusufali 15:40] "Except Thy servants among them, sincere and purified (by Thy Grace)."

By the Star when it sets, (Qur’an 53:1)

Your companion (i.e., Prophet) does not err/wander, nor is he deceived (Qur’an 53:2)

Nor does he speak out of his desire; (Qur’an 53:3)

It is no less than a revelation that is revealed. (Qur’an 53:4)

The Mighty in Power has taught him. (Qur’an 53:5)

-Satan Cannot touch prophets or messengers, especially Muhammad A.S for Muhammad is purified 33:33

Point 4: Thats just stupid LOL, no argument. Just an assumption that maybe true to the fake "believer" but not all.

Point 5: Prayer is not ambiguous and the authority of Muhammad A.S is clear in the holy quran, therefore it is he who explains us the method for it. Also if we were going by this reasoning, hajj is not defined as well, as to how to do it and such. It is all defined differently by each sunni school of thought with their own rulings even to which type of clothes is allowed to be worn while going around the kaabah etc.

Hope it was some help. (wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Salaam !

I registered to a class called ''Introduction to Islam''  with a Muslim (sunni) teacher and so far, two courses have passed ..and wallahi he is misguiding me and the class more than anything.

So far, he claimed that islam believes :

1-That eve came from the rib of Adam (He got this from the ''hadith'' that sunnis have)

2-That the Zam zam water that Hajar prayed for is not proven archeologically , therefore it should not be believed 

3-That there is a verse in the Quran apparently where Satan whispered to the prophet to believe in Allah and make the whole world muslim (?)

4-That the main reason why people would go to Hajj before was for economical reasons to do trade and such and to rise the economy of Saudia Arabia..

5-That Hajj is more important than five daily prayers because Hajj has a verse that is justified in the Quran but prayers are ambigious ..

I have no idea what to write on the midterm paper in few weeks...Can anyone confirm if any of these claims are true, according to our shia beliefs ?

Man i had a Catholic teacher who taught an Intro to Islam class waaaaaaaay better than this subhanAllah hasbunallah

i numbered your points to make it easier to respond insha'Allah:

1) Yea Sunnis have that 

2) Who actually investigated this archaeologically for it to be proven or disproven?

3) See here: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235025087-sunnis-justify-2252-on-satanic-verses/

4) Yea some people went for religious reasons and some went for economic reasons (and some probably went to get married lol), so what?  That doesn't negate the fact that Allah (swt) commanded all people to go to Hajj if they are able to:

فيهِ آياتٌ بَيِّناتٌ مَقامُ إِبراهيمَ ۖ وَمَن دَخَلَهُ كانَ آمِنًا ۗ وَلِلَّـهِ عَلَى النّاسِ حِجُّ البَيتِ مَنِ استَطاعَ إِلَيهِ سَبيلًا ۚ وَمَن كَفَرَ فَإِنَّ اللَّـهَ غَنِيٌّ عَنِ العالَمينَ

[3:97] Saheeh International
In it are clear signs [such as] the standing place of Abraham. And whoever enters it shall be safe. And [due] to Allah from the people is a pilgrimage to the House - for whoever is able to find thereto a way. But whoever disbelieves - then indeed, Allah is free from need of the worlds.

5) The dozens and dozens of verses that say to pray, to stand, do ruko', do sujood, in addition to the times of the prayers are unclear??

Yes right after i finish the course and get a grade, my muslim friends will sign a petition to fire him... he mentionned other stuff such as women in islam being oppressed and that childbirth is a sin.. it is very sad to see him misguinding people who are atheists, christians or who belong to other faith and are here to learn the true Islam.. not just his rubbish opinions :/

• Unregistered

-That there is a verse in the Quran apparently where Satan whispered to the prophet to believe in Allah and make the whole world muslim (?)

Basically Shaytan wrote/inspired the Quran and he also wrote this,

"I seek protection from God against the Shaytan( the accursed)

"In the name of God,the Most Gracious,the Most Merciful"

and asked people to read it,  before they start reading  the Quran.

and all this makes rational/logical sense to this intellectual.

Edited by S.M.H.A.
  • Advanced Member

Why are you taking this course from a Sunni teacher anyway? 

Indian because he has an indian accent but not sure if he is bangladeshi or pakestani or gujrati..he says some random indian words in class and expects us to know what he is saying

He asked for your teacher's academic background, not his ethnicity. That being said, there are tons of madrassas in India and elsewhere and of course, not every single one of them who walks out of them is academically qualified to teach. With all the rubbish that he has said until this point, it is evident enough that he must be some deluded irrational guy who has no understanding of Islam and no experience in teaching either. I suggest you quit this course and start afresh with a Shia tutor.

Oh omg for some reasons i read " ethnic background" instead of "academic " you should forgive me , i was typing before fajr salah and my eyes were popped.

Academic background ? He is completing his phD with over five years of experience in teaching ( not sure if he said 5 or 15)

I checked if i could drop the class and change it to something else, but there was no space available... well i guess we will have fun times arguing. I suggested him to review his sources

Edited by -Enlightened

Why are you taking this course from a Sunni teacher anyway? 

He asked for your teacher's academic background, not his ethnicity. That being said, there are tons of madrassas in India and elsewhere and of course, not every single one of them who walks out of them is academically qualified to teach. With all the rubbish that he has said until this point, it is evident enough that he must be some deluded irrational guy who has no understanding of Islam and no experience in teaching either. I suggest you quit this course and start afresh with a Shia tutor.

• Advanced Member

Oh omg for some reasons i read " ethnic background" instead of "academic " you should forgive me , i was typing before fajr salah and my eyes were popped.

Academic background ? He is completing his phD with over five years of experience in teaching ( not sure if he said 5 or 15)

I checked if i could drop the class and change it to something else, but there was no space available... well i guess we will have fun times arguing. I suggested him to review his sources

The year just started, the class maybe full but there is always more space, just drop by any other class and get the prof to sign a form saying to permit you, maybe plead a little how this course was your life long dream to study, and how you are so inspired by it.

Do so in a less cheesy way, that is how I get all my classes even if they are full :P

And yes, Islam is the focus today and the last thing we want is this dude misguiding people, if you are stuck with him, perhaps we can create all-out Farid with our refutations.

Ofcourse it must be clear that our refutations would have a solid base to stand on rather than the hollow rhetoric we are used to laughing at by KFC, lol