In the Name of God بسم الله

A Question About Beheading In Islam.(Nothing Grim)

Rate this topic

Murtada98

• Advanced Member

I've seen my fair share of butchered humans murdered by "Muslims" and are any of the methods of execution permitted by Islam? I thought that being stoned to death was the only option(correct me if i'm wrong) so why are they beheading people? The only instance of decapitation that i can think of that was justifiable was when Imam Ali brought back the head of a defeated foe during war as proof of victory. Is it ever okay to cut someones head off in Islam? 

• Advanced Member

(salam)
(bismillah)

Yes, beheading is a legitimate Islamic punishment, but many conditions have to be met before performing capital punishment on a person. I have discussed beheading in depth a few months back and provided authentic hadith of our A'immah giving the ruling of beheading for certain cases. Here is the quote:

(salam)

(bismillah)

Here are a few hadith that talk about beheading. (NOTE: ضَرَبَ عُنُقَهُ = Strike his neck = Behead)

When someone is caught drinking the third time, you behead him:

وَ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ يُونُسَ عَنِ الْمُعَلَّى عَنْ أَبِي بَصِيرٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ص إِذَا أُتِيَ بِشَارِبِ الْخَمْرِ ضَرَبَهُ ثُمَّ إِنْ أُتِيَ بِهِ ثَانِيَةً ضَرَبَهُ ثُمَّ إِذَا أُتِيَ بِهِ ثَالِثَةً ضَرَبَ عُنُقَهُ 
From Abi `Abd Allah  (as) said, when someone who had been drinking was brought to Messenger of Allah, he would strike him, then if he was brought to him a second time, he would strike him, then if he was brought to him a third time, he would behead him.

الْحُسَيْنُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ الْفُضَيْلِ عَنْ أَبِي الصَّبَّاحِ الْكِنَانِيِّ قَالَ قَالَ أَبُو عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع كَانَ النَّبِيُّ ص إِذَا أُتِيَ بِشَارِبِ الْخَمْرِ ضَرَبَهُ فَإِنْ أُتِيَ بِهِ ثَانِيَةً ضَرَبَهُ فَإِنْ أُتِيَ بِهِ ثَالِثَةً ضَرَبَ عُنُقَهُ 
Abu `Abd Allaah  (as) said, "hen someone who was drinking was brought to the Prophet  (pbuh), he was struck, and when he was brought to him a second time, he was struck, and if he was brought to him a third time, he was beheaded"

When someone who was born a muslim and then turns non-Muslim:

وَ بِإِسْنَادِهِ عَنِ الْحُسَيْنِ بْنِ سَعِيدٍ عَنْ عُثْمَانَ بْنِ عِيسَى رَفَعَهُ قَالَ كَتَبَ عَامِلُ أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ع إِلَيْهِ إِنِّي أَصَبْتُ قَوْماً مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ زَنَادِقَةً وَ قَوْماً مِنَ النَّصَارَى زَنَادِقَةً فَكَتَبَ إِلَيْهِ أَمَّا مَنْ كَانَ مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ وُلِدَ عَلَى الْفِطْرَةِ ثُمَّ تَزَنْدَقَ فَاضْرِبْ عُنُقَهُ وَ لَا تَسْتَتِبْهُ وَ مَنْ لَمْ يُولَدْ مِنْهُمْ عَلَى الْفِطْرَةِ فَاسْتَتِبْهُ فَإِنْ تَابَ وَ إِلَّا فَاضْرِبْ عُنُقَهُ وَ أَمَّا النَّصَارَى فَمَا هُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَعْظَمُ مِنَ الزَّنْدَقَةِ 
....Amir al-Mu'mineen wrote to him, "As for whoever was born Muslim upon al-Fitrah, then disbelieves, then you behead him....

(salam)

(salam)

• Advanced Member

Those hadiths you mentioned above are not authentic and are not convincing at all..!

Please provide your sources...

The Prophet Muhammed was the most merciful of all the human beings on this earth so he would have never gone as far as behead a human being!

In fact even during wars he is known to strike with one strike a person so to cause injury or they died straight away, but never beheading!

Those who are currently going around beheading people like in Syria and Iraq making it in some kind of game are disgusting and barbaric. That is NOT normal behaviour from a human being to do, even animals behave better than that!

Islam does not permit the killing of innocent human beings no matter what religion they belong to...so groups such as ISIS all need to be thrown in a pot of fire and burned through thoroughly or thrown off the planet!!

They are NOT Muslims at all.

Edited by Mommin

• Banned

Those hadiths you mentioned above are not authentic and are not convincing at all..!

Please provide your sources...

Brother Nader is one of the most knowledgeable brothers I know of when it comes to aHadeeth. I don't think he would post an inauthentic hadeeth without telling us.

The Prophet Muhammed was the most merciful of all the human beings on this earth so he would have never gone as far as behead a human being!

Imam `Alee (`a) threw some people into a pit of fire ... Is that better than beheading?

Those who are currently going around beheading people like in Syria and Iraq making it in some kind of game are disgusting and barbaric.

I agree. They are beheading people without any Islamic justification. In fact, as far as I know (and I could be wrong) you and I can't implement the hadd on anyone even if we had an Islamic justification. Only a masoom can do that (afaik).

They are NOT Muslims at all.

They might be Muslims. Misguided and sinful for sure, but we don't know their hearts. The judgment is for Allah (swt).

• Unregistered

The only instance of decapitation that i can think of that was justifiable was when Imam Ali brought back the head of a defeated foe during war as proof of victory. Is it ever okay to cut someones head off in Islam? 

Can you provide details & source on this?

------------------------------------------------------

Criminal Investigation involves, formal charge, witness, a qualified Judge determines if a crime has been committed and orders the punishment.Which is carried out by the officials.

In war- there are procedures to follow, in terms of who can be engaged, and there are procedures for prisoner of war.

Crimes committed by ISIS, do not fall into either category, these were non-combatants that were savagely murdered, (out of revenge). Technically, this is not even defensive war- because ISIS is not defending its legal territory, they are the instigator/Terrorist.

I don't have to be a student of Islamic studies to know this, correct me if I am wrong.

• Advanced Member

Brother Nader is one of the most knowledgeable brothers I know of when it comes to aHadeeth. I don't think he would post an inauthentic hadeeth without telling us.

Imam `Alee (`a) threw some people into a pit of fire ... Is that better than beheading?

With all respect to you can you provide me with the real name of brother Nader? You say he's so knowledgable so why is he hiding on a shiachat website if he's well known?

Again I will tell you that those hadiths provided by him are NOT authentic as the Holy Prophet (as) will never encourage the killing of innocent people, Islam came as a religion of mercy and kindness not by the sword!

Please stop the nonsense and abuse of innocent children, the rape of women and young girls and killing of young men.

This is NOT Islam..!!

Isis is a barbaric uneducated and filthy group that all need to be castrated and put in the deepest pot of Hell, they are destroying ISLAM and May Allah curse them. ISIS is a terrorist group that is worse as dogs and pigs..!

How dare them enter a country which is not even their own and destroy the many lives of innocent people...let them go back to where they came from and start a war in their own country! Stupid uneducated fools.

Edited by Mommin

• Unregistered

Islam believe in PREVENTION< punishment is usually very severe.  ( person, thinks before he acts). 

We can solve the Drug problem , just publicaly hang any convicted drug dealer/rapist/molester in a public square, you will see how fast these problems are reduced to very managiable (still not desired )level. 

For an Islamic Government to hand out one of these severe punishment for a crime, there are prerequisites that need to be satisfied in part of the government and the criminal. You, can’t hand out these punishment, if the government is not even Islamic, and may be contributing to the cause. Every case would be very different.

JUst to through these kind of traditions, in “todays world” to uneducated world(islamic law) is not prudent. They need to be explained in proper context, or people will misjudge Islam.

In Islamic books, we have many fictions recorded  as facts. (To undermine Islam). 

There is a false claim against Prophet Muhammad(pbuhahp), supported by fabricated or weak traditions( remember- after the fall of Mecca- many converted to Islam(some were fierce enemies(their relatives were killed in the past battles with the muslims), may have adopted the new creed, -you have heard the saying, if you can't fight them join them). (Destroy it from within)

Take the time to watch this video. many muslims are confused about this incident. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6J5sF5dkVQ

Edited by S.M.H.A.

• Advanced Member

(salam)
(bismillah)

Again I will tell you that those hadiths provided by him are NOT authentic as the Holy Prophet (as) will never encourage the killing of innocent people, Islam came as a religion of mercy and kindness not by the sword!
Please stop the nonsense and abuse of innocent children, the rape of women and young girls and killing of young men.

Who said behead innocent people? Did you not read the hadith provided? 

I don't think he would post an inauthentic hadeeth without telling us.

Some of the hadith were authentic while others were not. The reason I didn't post the source and grading as I normally do, was because I didn't want the users to focus on individual cases such as killing the people who is caught drinking on the third offense. That wasn't my intention to get users caught up into the Fiqhi aspects of which Hudood is used at what time, this would go away from the crux of the question. The original question was, is beheading a legitimate Islamic punishment. According to our hadith which has reached the level of tawaatur as well as Sunnis have tawaatur, beheading is a legitimate Islamic punishment for those certain offense that require certain ways of capital punishment. Now we may differ as to when beheading should take place and for what offense, but the act of beheading is an Islamic form of capital punishment. Of course, many conditions have to be met in order for someone to proceed with the punishment.

(salam)

• Banned

With all respect to you can you provide me with the real name of brother Nader? You say he's so knowledgable so why is he hiding on a shiachat website if he's well known?

His real name is Nader Zaveri. His brother (username: Zzaveri) is Zeeshan Zaveri. They don't hide on ShiaChat; they use their real names unlike most of us.

Please prove your assertstion.

I won't respond to the rest of your post because I already dealt with those points in my last post on this thread.

• Advanced Member

Salam,

I think we need to understand that isis do not follow islam,because if they did half of them would be the first to implament the beheading rule on themselves. Some of the member of isis used to even sell drinks and not just drink it. They do not follow islam,they follow satan and dont tell me there misguided. These people are the product of isreal,america and there father saddam. If a man is going to behead and rape woman and marry married woman do not make excauses for them,they have no mercy or hearts, dont make excauses for such kind of pigs...

• Advanced Member

Salam,

I think we need to understand that isis do not follow islam,because if they did half of them would be the first to implament the beheading rule on themselves. Some of the member of isis used to even sell drinks and not just drink it. They do not follow islam,they follow satan and dont tell me there misguided. These people are the product of isreal,america and there father saddam. If a man is going to behead and rape woman and marry married woman do not make excauses for them,they have no mercy or hearts, dont make excauses for such kind of pigs...

Well said!

ISIS are pigs...actually even pigs are way better than them as I'm sure they don't go around raping innocent pigs and killing without a valid reason!

So even pigs are better than ISIS...

• Advanced Member

That's very interesting, I used to think apostasy, adultery, and homocide were the only reasons to get killed. I heard somewhere that a drop of alchohol will get you whipped. I'm not completely convinced that beheading is a Islamic punishment but thanks for your input.

• Advanced Member

This is NOT Islam..!!

Isis is a barbaric uneducated and filthy group that all need to be castrated and put in the deepest pot of Hell, they are destroying ISLAM and May Allah curse them. ISIS is a terrorist group that is worse as dogs and pigs..!

How dare them enter a country which is not even their own and destroy the many lives of innocent people...let them go back to where they came from and start a war in their own country! Stupid uneducated fools.

I wish I could like your post ..but for some reason it won't let me... i agree with everything you said about those POS...actually death is too good for them.. they are subhuman creatures... i saw a video ( I wish I hadn't) of those pigs beheading sunni muslims from the sheitat tribe in Syria ... they were making jokes and laughing while doing it... sickening

Edited by blubberman911

• Unregistered

actually death is too good for them.. they are subhuman creatures... i saw a video ( I wish I hadn't) of those pigs beheading sunni muslims from the sheitat tribe in Syria ... they were making jokes and laughing while doing it... sickening

Statement by, Abubakar Shekau -the leader of the Nigerian militant Islamist group Boko Haram,

may put things into proper perspective:(inner workings of a Takfiri mind):

"I enjoy killing anyone that God commands me to kill - the way I enjoy killing chickens and rams,"

he said in the video clip released just after Boko Haram had carried out one of its deadliest attacks,

in January 2012, killing more than 180 people in Kano, northern Nigeria's largest city.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-18020349

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29062004

Edited by S.M.H.A.

• Advanced Member

@Mommin 

I think you've misinterpreted what i asked. ISIS isn't Muslim so please never consider them when answering an Islamic question. They behead, that is definitely true; but what about actual Muslims? I really, really doubt drinking alcohol three consecutive times will get you a neck massage with a sword considering how our religion is based on peace and forgiveness. You can murder and evade execution, yet die gruesomely for a measly drink? It's risible.  

This is NOT Islam..!!

you are very confused and you are confusing beheading of guilty people with innocent people, Islam allows punishments for guilty people, but innocent people are innocent and Islam does not allow any punishment for them.

Now there are different types of punishment for guilty people, so please don't start arguing that Islam kills innocent people.

There are different levels of punishment, starting from showing dissatisfaction and ends at beheading, throwing/rolling someone down a mountain until death, stoning to death. But there are very strict criteria for these punishments to be met.

For example: for a women to deserve being stoned to death, 4 just people must have witnessed the women with a man who she isn't married to, and they must have witnessed the penis entering the vagina. - as you see very tough criteria to meet, almost impossible, so most of these extreme punishments are there mainly scare people from criminal activity.

• Advanced Member

you are very confused and you are confusing beheading of guilty people with innocent people, Islam allows punishments for guilty people, but innocent people are innocent and Islam does not allow any punishment for them.

For example: for a women to deserve being stoned to death, 4 just people must have witnessed the women with a man who she isn't married to, and they must have witnessed the penis entering the vagina. - as you see very tough criteria to meet, almost impossible, so most of these extreme punishments are there mainly scare people from criminal activity.

As you say there are very strict rules regarding this again you need very strong evidence.

Again I will say that Islam is not a violent religion and never starts war unless it is attacked firstly, please look back at history and how the Holy Prophet Muhammed (as) dealt with war. Even the prisoners who were captured after wars were treated with mercy and given food and water by the Prophet, never were they abused or beheaded!

It seems your confused and just want to wage war on anybody with your extreme views and propaganda..!

Please keep your extreme idiology to yourself.

Please stop trying to promote ISIS or any other terrorist group by defending their actions.

It's a shame that so many Muslims have so much hatred and violence within their heart that they are trying to defend beheading, we are definitely reaching the end of times!

As you say there are very strict rules regarding this again you need very strong evidence.

Again I will say that Islam is not a violent religion and never starts war unless it is attacked firstly, please look back at history and how the Holy Prophet Muhammed (as) dealt with war. Even the prisoners who were captured after wars were treated with mercy and given food and water by the Prophet, never were they abused or beheaded!

It seems your confused and just want to wage war on anybody with your extreme views and propaganda..!

Please keep your extreme idiology to yourself.

Please stop trying to promote ISIS or any other terrorist group by defending their actions.

It's a shame that so many Muslims have so much hatred and violence within their heart that they are trying to defend beheading, we are definitely reaching the end of times!

Did you even read my post?

ISIS aren't Muslims, they cannot go further astray, that's how far off they are off the right path.

When did I try to justify their action. there are punishments in Islam but they have set a set criteria which must be made for the punishment to be implemented. if you don't believe me then go read a few books. As I said, some punishments are not meant to happen, such as stoning to death, 4 JUST witnesses need to actually see clearly, the penis enter the vagina, and the women must confess that she did it willingly, for her to be stoned to death. - this is impossible, it is impossible for 4 just people to see that so clearly.

Also the punishment for someone who enters a Muslims house loudly, without permission and with weapons drawn; do you know what the punishment for the person is? the worst punishment that anyone can think of. one of the worst punishment rasulallah gave was to throw them down a mountain and let them die of the descent. - this punishment is worse than beheading but it is there for those who commit the crime.

Please go read a book and stop trying to pass you perception and opinions as official Islam.

Edited by Sayed Faridoon Taha

• Advanced Member

@ Sayida

I recommend you open your heart and mind, stop being so aggressive and rude.

Alhumdullullah I've read genuine Muslim books that DONT encourage violence and hatred, can you name me the books your reading?

Your very wrong to say that the Prophet threw people down a mountain, again this is NOT an authentic Hadith. Seriously where are u getting your rubbish from?

The Holy Prophet (as) possessed the best manners and Akhlaq from all mankind, he will never be aggressive and justify killing people or throwing them down a mountain..!

Please stop trying to justify beheading as being part of Islam, this was only acted on by Yazid, his forefathers and so called friends!

• Advanced Member

@ Sayida

I recommend you open your heart and mind, stop being so aggressive and rude.

Alhumdullullah I've read genuine Muslim books that DONT encourage violence and hatred, can you name me the books your reading?

Your very wrong to say that the Prophet threw people down a mountain, again this is NOT an authentic Hadith. Seriously where are u getting your rubbish from?

The Holy Prophet (as) possessed the best manners and Akhlaq from all mankind, he will never be aggressive and justify killing people or throwing them down a mountain..!

Please stop trying to justify beheading as being part of Islam, this was only acted on by Yazid, his forefathers and so called friends!

You are becoming irrational due to your inability to accept the parallels between ISIS and "real" Shia Islam. It's clear to everyone in this thread that Imam Ali:

1. Did condone beheading.

2. Perfomed capital punishment by burning.

Are you worried your non-muslim friends will be unhappy to learn your "peaceful, wonderful, lovely religion" also allows for beheading?

• Unregistered

You are becoming irrational due to your inability to accept the parallels between ISIS and "real" Shia Islam. It's clear to everyone in this thread that Imam Ali:

Are you worried your non-muslim friends will be unhappy to learn your "peaceful, wonderful, lovely religion" also allows for beheading?

What do you mean by condone beheading? Provide details and reliable source?

Punishment by Burning? How narrated this tradition? and where is it? is it a fabrication? 

Punishment by burning is it not a jewish punishment mentioned in OT? (correct me if i am wrong)

Four types of capital punishment in Judaism. Do the Christian also follow the OT?
  • Sekila - stoning
    • This was performed by pushing a person off a height of at least 2 stories. If the person didn't die, then the executioners (the witnesses) brought a rock that was so large that it took both of them to lift it; this was placed on the condemned person to crush them.
  • Serefah - burning
    • This was done by melting lead, and pouring it down the throat of the condemned person.
  • Hereg - decapitation
    • This is also known as "being put to the sword" (beheading).
  • Chenek - strangulation
    • A rope was wound around the condemned person's neck, and the executioners (the witnesses) pulled from either side to strangle the condemned person.
Edited by S.M.H.A.

• Advanced Member

Again the above is all RUBBISH..!

Why are you specifically just mentioning Imam Ali (as)?

When you have people like Abu Sufyani, Muwaui and Yazid who only became a Muslim to try and fit into society, in fact their hearts were not Muslims and if you look into history they did everything against Islam. It's personalities like these that carried out the worst crimes and genocide against the innocent Muslims. They allowed the most extreme killings to occur such as beheading, burning and even trampling over someone with a horse.

The filthy terrorist group ISIS is following exactly these figures but ISIS are NOT Muslims. They are just giving a bad name to Islam and trying to destroy it!

Please go and read Islamic history properly!

NO the real SHIA Islam does not accept this and again as I've said before ISLAM is a peaceful religion, are you from the extreme Wahhabi sect or are you Zionist?

Please don't come onto this site with your filthy ideas and idiologist, go back to your cave and stay there!

Edited by Mommin

• Veteran Member

There's a huge difference between the historical 'beheading' that Imam Ali (as) condoned and the 'beheading' done by ISIS. The former is a simple strike on the neck as the hadiths say, a quick and painless death. The latter (iSIS) slice the head slowly like they're sacrificing an animal. 

It seems like everytime you return to comment on shiachat your lack of willingness to investigate anti-muslim diatribes gets worse and worse. Then again I wouldn't expect much else from a person who disparagingly dismisses the Quran as an 'ancient book' like that has any relevance as to what constitutes the 'Word of God. 

• Advanced Member

That is honestly hilarious. "ISIS saws the head, but Imam Ali strikes once." Totally different! I recall that Wahabbis also behead with one strike in Saudi.

You are entirely uncommitted to considering the concept that maybe ISIS/Salafi/Takfiri Islam (I know you are in denial that ISIS has anything at all to do with Islam) and Shia Islam can be related. They have obvious connections, even though ISIS love killing any Shia they find. Funny how common beginnings can lead to mutual hatred.

• Veteran Member

That is honestly hilarious. "ISIS saws the head, but Imam Ali strikes once." Totally different! I recall that Wahabbis also behead with one strike in Saudi.

3723-cosby-wut.jpg

The only thing hilarious is your juvenile responses when engaging in a serious discussion. Does the pain factor mean nothing to you then? Wahhabis also ban alcohol, I agree with that, ergo I love Wahhabis.  Any more of your mastery of logic that you could gift us?

You are entirely uncommitted to considering the concept that maybe ISIS/Salafi/Takfiri Islam (I know you are in denial that ISIS has anything at all to do with Islam) and Shia Islam can be related. They have obvious connections, even though ISIS love killing any Shia they find. Funny how common beginnings can lead to mutual hatred.

Yes and we all know how committed you are towards sifting the truth from falsehood. Apparently Mubarak's Egypt yearned for the caliphate since sharia courts were fully operative then. Also Alawis are muslims because they believe in God. And ghalis believe in shia hadiths, so their doctrines are totally in line with islamic theology. 

Poor old ethidium, he just wants to find the truth, he's not here to bash men of religion at all

Edited by Jahangiram

• Veteran Member

Why do some people get worked up about beheadings, when the Qur'an mentions crucifixion as a punishment? Which, by the way, I hear ISIS also carry out. Should we disown this verse then?

Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment, [Qur'an 5:33, Sahih International]

Deciding what to accept or not based on what other people do is incredibly stupid.

Edited by Haydar Husayn

• Unregistered

If one was only discussing Capital Punishment , handed out through a legitimate legal process  for convicted criminals,- all religions have different ways for this process. Its not the question of accepting a particular type of capital Punishment, its what this particular topic is implying, we need to  properly articulating to the poster that what you are asking are indeed two very different things.

Barbaric acts by ISIS to incite hatred towards Islam, by beheading journalists -a non combatant/non criminal just because they were citizens  of a certain country can’t be linked to what Islam sees as a proper Capital Punishment for a  convicted criminal handed out through a legal process, for the betterment of the entire community.

Some with alternate agenda - implying that some how, Imam Ali condone acts of ISIS , (without providing proper authentic sources or  context).

What Imam Ali(AS) did within the framework of the Islamic law is not been questioned. Its the deliberate subliminal linkage that is the concern. Imam Ali(as) only followed the Prophet of Allah(swt), he did not follow anyone else, this fact is recorded in history by his refusal to follow the Sunnah(Tradition) of the first two Caliphs, Claphiate was worthless for him, if it meant going against what the Prophet of Allah(swt) has declared legal.

There are many fictions, recorded as facts-  many  come from Jewish traditions, as Muslims lived with the Jews in Medina(1). People interested in smear campaign against Imam Ali(as) may have fabricated/attributed such acts of burning/ random beheading  to him out of worldly desires.

If Imam Ali(as) killed an enemy soldier when he crossed over the trench(Battle of Khandaq) that was build to protect the Muslims from the enemy that was camped outside Medina to annihilate early Muslim community. By his sword beheaded/killed/ devour attacking enemy, is an entirely different context. Imam Ali(as) was not sent as the Mercy to mankind as the Prophet(pbuhahp), he was sent to protect the Prophet(pbuhahp), Religion in defensive wars. He was a valient solder of Islam, he did eliminate enemy of Islam in defensive wars or Islam would have had a different faith.  No intelligent person will see it as a negative.

-----------------------

"The fourth reason for the difference which is more important than the three enumerated above is that many nations, out of those which participated in the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights and endorsed it, violated this declaration and started armed conflicts to nullify and destroy it, but wherever Ali placed his foot, and whenever he said anything, or unsheathed his sword, he did so to destroy tyranny and oppression and levelled the ground to march forward on the path of truth and justice. So much so that he met his martyrdom in defence of human rights although during his lifetime he had already been martyred thousands of times. “

The Voice of Human Justice.

Chapter: U.N.CHARTER OF HUMAN RIGHTS

English translation of Sautu'l `Adalati'l Insaniyab, the biography of the Imam, written in

Arabic by George Jordac, a renowned Christian author of lebanon.

(1)

Edited by S.M.H.A.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Yes, beheading is a legitimate Islamic punishment, but many conditions have to be met before performing capital punishment on a person. I have discussed beheading in depth a few months back and provided authentic hadith of our A'immah giving the ruling of beheading for certain cases. Here is the quote:

(salam)

(salam) Brother Nader, 

Long time no see. :)

I hope all is well with you. 

If I'm not mistaken, none of these three hadiths that you quoted, from one of your previous posts, are authentic. Right? Especially not the last one regarding the apostate.

So, did you mention them just to indicate that such hadiths exist in our books, or do you take them to be authentic?

Edited by SoRoUsH

• Advanced Member

(salam)
(bismillah)

If I'm not mistaken, none of these three hadiths that you quoted, from one of your previous posts, are authentic. Right? Especially not the last one regarding the apostate.

So, did you mention them just to indicate that such hadiths exist in our books, or do you take them to be authentic?

None of the hadith I quoted in the beginning were authentic, but there are many others who have an authentic isnad. The reason I didn't post the authenticity was so the focus wouldn't shift from the "permissibility of beheading" to "when can and when can't you implement beheading". Rather I wanted to show that this practice was not only condoned but a recommend form of implementing capital punishment by our A'immah.  This was the norm practice that people used during the time of our Prophet (pbuh) and A'immah (AS).

(salam)

• Veteran Member

Personally if I was going to be executed I would rather be beheaded with a swift stroke than be hanged, stabbed, crucified or pelted with arrows. As far as classical executions go, beheading is the most merciful

Edited by .InshAllah.

• Moderators

"I enjoy killing anyone that God commands me to kill - the way I enjoy killing chickens and rams,"

This caused my stomach to turn. :sick:

This creature needs to be removed from earth.

• Unregistered

This caused my stomach to turn. :sick:

This creature needs to be removed from earth.

may put things into proper perspective:(inner workings of a Takfiri mind):

Statement by, 

Abubakar Shekau -the leader of the Nigerian militant Islamist group Boko Haram,"I enjoy killing anyone that God commands me to kill - the way I enjoy killing chickens and rams,"

he said in the video clip released just after Boko Haram had carried out one of its deadliest attacks,

in January 2012, killing more than 180 people in Kano, northern Nigeria's largest city.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-18020349

Edited by S.M.H.A.