Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Muhammed_Ali_Hussein

Recommended Pets In Islam.

Rate this topic

No.

But I highly recommend cats. They can bring immense joy to a persons life. I have 2 and they are the most amazing creatures ever. They are like my children and provide me comfort in the darkest of times.

The intoxicated cat in my avatar doesn't belong to me ... But just look at it. Its sooooooo cute :)

How do you know?

Well, to my knowledge the only mustahab action with regards to "pets" is the sport of horse riding. I didn't think the O.P. was asking about keeping a horse for a pet. But maybe he has the ability to do so ...

Are there any (other) mustahab pets per your knowledge?

Salam alaikum, I've heard dogs aren't allowed as pets for a muslim but the companions of the cave had one which makes me think it's maybe permissible? I had a boxer dog till recently when I gave it to my mother, she had 2 boxers before but one sadly was run over by a car :( dogs are always fun to keep and very loyal too.

Salam alaikum, I've heard dogs aren't allowed as pets for a muslim but the companions of the cave had one which makes me think it's maybe permissible? I had a boxer dog till recently when I gave it to my mother, she had 2 boxers before but one sadly was run over by a car :( dogs are always fun to keep and very loyal too.

As far as I know, dogs are allowed to be kept as pets. Just not in the house (precaution). Also, they are najis so you have to wash your hands everytime you touch them before you pray.

Check Seestaanee's website. I remember him speaking on this issue once.

No.

But I highly recommend cats. They can bring immense joy to a persons life. I have 2 and they are the most amazing creatures ever. They are like my children and provide me comfort in the darkest of times.

The intoxicated cat in my avatar doesn't belong to me ... But just look at it. Its sooooooo cute :)

This is why it is discouraged or haram to keep an animal, we can get too emotionally attached to it and so much love is misspent on them, Animals should be left in their natural habitat, not as pets, unless you need them; for example; if you have a rat problem then it is fine to keep a cat.

This is why it is discouraged or haram to keep an animal, we can get too emotionally attached to it and so much love is misspent on them, Animals should be left in their natural habitat, not as pets, unless you need them; for example; if you have a rat problem then it is fine to keep a cat.

I live in a place with rats, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :P

hmmm... What's the natural habitat of an animal like a french poodle I wonder?

birds.

Putting a bird in a cage is a crime

hmmm... What's the natural habitat of an animal like a french poodle I wonder?

Putting a bird in a cage is a crime

unfortunately poodles are victims of human fidgeting with selective breeding and they have made dogs smaller than cats, which is why it is haram to alter Allah's creations. 

Natural dogs look like wolves and they are big, I saw wild dogs in Afghanistan and they can hunt men easily, very scary, poodles poor them, they can't even defend themselves from a fat cat!