Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I Am A New Sister And I Want To Learn About Shia

Rate this topic

Rose47

• Basic Members

salaam i am a revert muslimah to sunni islam but ive been lazy and not learned salah..ive recently become interested in learning about shia islam. i live in a place where there are no muslims so im quite isolated..and i have joined shia chat to learn about shia islam and to meet other sisters..

• Veteran Member

(wasalam) Wow MashAllah may Allah bless you and your family. Prayer in Islam is highly important. It is pivitol to having a sound and secure faith. I suggest practicing and memorizing how to do it now so it becomes easier. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Prayer in Shia Islam is a bit different than in Sunni Islam. Here is how to pray in Shia Islam:

Edit: Please excuse me, I didnt know this was in the sisters forum.

The variations of movements and number of prayers cannot differ within Islam. However, in relation to shia and sunni islam there is a difference in method in abultion, adthan, and what is recited while praying. Within the main 4 schools of thought in sunni islam, it differs even more in for example where to place your hands in prayer. If you are talking about bowing and when in prostration, there are different forms of supplications one can recite, each having its own blessings, just as while standing you can choose to recite any two surahs. If I may ask, what school of thought are you in so I can pinpoint the issue.

If you want to learn more about the differences in prayer amongst the school of thought in Islam:

http://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/prayer-salat-according-five-islamic-schools-law-part-1

Here is lots of more information on prayer and other supplications to recite while praying: http://www.islamic-laws.com/salaat.htm

Duas during salat: http://www.duas.org/dua_during_salaat.htm

How to Pray: http://iecoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/How-to-Perform-the-Prayer.pdf

About your specific issue, here is what I found:

Issue 391: It is obligatory to perform Zikr in Rukoo'. The Zikr of Rukoo', according to obligatory precaution, is to say three times:

سُبْحانَ اللهِ “Glorified is Allah” "SubhanAllah"

or say one time:

سُبْحانَ رَبّي العَظِيمِ وَ بِحَمْدِهْ “Glorified is my Lord the Almighty and His is the Praise”"Subhaana rabbiy al- azeemi wa behamdih"

It is obligatory to perform it in proper 'Arabic and it is recommended to repeat it three, five or seven times.

Issue 397: The Zikr of Sajdah is obligatory also. The precaution is to say, at the minimum, three times:

سُبْحانَ اللهِ “Glorified is Allah” "SubhanAllah"

Or say one time:

سُبْحانَ رَبّىَ الاَعْلَى وَبِحَمْدِهِ “Glorified is my Lord the Most High and His is the Praise” "Subhana Rabbiy al-a'laa wa bihamdih"

Whenever this Zikr is repeated more, it is better.

http://www.al-islam.org/a-summary-of-rulings-makarim-shirazi/rules-prayer#3-standing-al-qiyaam

(wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics

Well Done  :D

Shia Islam is currently led by the Ayatollahs (one famous Ayatollah you might know is Ayatollah Khomeini who led the Iranian Revolution) , Grand Ayatollah Sistani is currently the most learned according to majority of shias; so the majority of shias follow his edicts.

We have 5 pillars of religion, and instead of the 4 caliphs who Sunnis follow, we follow the 12 Imams, the first is Imam Ali  (as) and the last is Imam Mahdi ( May Allah hasten his reappearance). 

Unlike Wahabis/salafis we are for unity and peace, whereas we are targeted and are wrongly called Infidel (kafir) by Salafi/wahabi ( btw All the terrorists you hear about today come from the Wahabi/Salafi sect). We are targeted and killed mainly because we have a very strong logical argument for why Shia Islam is the correct Islam, so they kill us because they can't defend their beliefs logically in a debate.

We also celebrate Eid al Ghadeer, ghadeer khom was where the prophet Mohammed  (pbuh) appointed Ali (his cousin and son in law and one of the members of the Ahl Al Bayt) as his successor. 

We Shias were actually made a sect by the Abbasid Caliph Harun Al-Rashid, who made all the sects who paid zakat to the government "Sunni" and named, all those who refused to pay the government the people's right and followed Imam Jaffar, shia of Ali, So we are now called Jaffari school of thought. We are also called shia Ithna Asheri = meaning twelver shia - since we have 12 Imams (who are the real appointed Caliphs, appointed by god, not some committee full of powerful hypocrite Arabs.)

There are also other people who call themselves "shia" - there are those who believe in 6 Imams (wrongly) and there are those who believe Ali is Allah (wrongly), I seek refuge in Allah.

As always we are for unity, and we consider all Sunnis to be our brothers and sisters as they are Muslim, however we do not consider a Salafi/wahabi to be Sunni, they are only using Sunnis and are raping Sunni women and slaughtering Sunni men in Iraq and Syria. So they are not Muslims, the ISIL, Alqaeeda, Al Nusra, all the terrorist organisations belong to the salafi sect.

We also pray 5 times a day except we can combine prayers e.g. we are allowed to pray the Noon and Afternoon prayers together to save trouble, as the prophet did, according to Sunni beliefs, but for some reason they still don't combine.

There is quite a lot of information, and I am not very knowing, so please get some books from our Ayatollahs and read them, we have a logical approach always and our scholars always explain and answer our questions.

You can send your questions regarding religious laws to Ayatollah Sistani through his website, and you can order books on our belief and Islamic laws.

Feel free to ask me too, ill help as much as I can and as much as my knowledge allows me. :)

May Allah guide you to the straight path and keep you on it.

Kindest regards