Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Windows9

Dr. Mohsin Naqvi - Don't Give Him Any Charity

Rate this topic

I will start this thread with the first hand experience I have had from dealing with this person.  I gave him charity, zakat and khums money and later, found out from a very reliable source that the khums and charity money never reached its intended recipient.  

After I was deceived by this man, I searched on the internet and found many other websites which expose the lies this person has spread.  Unfortunately for me, all the khums and zakat money donated to this person has been lost.  I wish I had checked his name on internet before giving him any donations. 

Here are some other websites / postings:

He was working for Pakistani Government at one time but apparenly all of his bio on the website was fabrication.  Someone took the time to research his background:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9652898/The-Reality-of-a-Great-International-Scholar-Dr-Mohsin-Naqvi

Many other people have been deceived by this man:

http://fraudmohsin.wordpress.com/

And here (read the comments at the bottom of this profile):

http://www.awaztoday.com/singleprofile/383/Dr-Mohsin-Naqvi.aspx

I used to live in the Greater Los Angeles area.  Dr. Mohsin Naqvi came to Los Angeles in the 1999 and 2000 and recited majalis at the Zainabia Islamic Center.  He told people that he is in contact with our 12th Imam (AS) and people should  give him (Dr. Mohsin Naqvi) money to further the cause of Imam.

Of course all of this was a con to get money from people.  Some people believed him and gave him not only obligatory khums and zakat money but extra money for this supposed help to the cause of Imam (AS).  This is pretty well known in the community so it goes without saying not to trust this man.  As we enter the month of Moharram lots of unscrupulous characters are going to try and collect money in the name if Islam and or Imam.  Just be ware and properly investigate anyone who asks for money for any cause.  A simple google search goes a long way!

Just bumping this up as Ramadan is around the corner and fraudsters like Dr. Mohsin Naqvi are on the prowl to get charity from Muslim brothers and sisters which they will use for themselves.  Please stay away from people like this.  

On 6/17/2015 at 5:55 PM, Tawheed313 said:

Not to be offensive, but why are these sorts of things going on in Pakistan and India? There have been a lot of ghuluw-type things and strange things originating from there.

Everything has to do with ghuluww eh? If someone trips on their shoelaces in Pakistan, is ghuluww the cause? 

Everything has to do with ghuluww eh? If someone trips on their shoelaces in Pakistan, is ghuluww the cause? 

If , in times of danger and fear , in uncertainty when there is little hope, the first person we think of to call for divine help is Ali a.s rather than Allah swt, then in this case, i would say we shias need to all come together and redefine tawheed.

Let us also not forget the blood-letting that goes on in those parts.

Preachers making all sorts of claims, which are similarly shocking to asking for charity on behalf of the imam a.s

People acting in ways not befiting a human being like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMMiAgZPUwA

Ridiculous things like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Tawheed313

If , in times of danger and fear , in uncertainty when there is little hope, the first person we think of to call for divine help is Ali a.s rather than Allah swt, then in this case, i would say we shias need to all come together and redefine tawheed.

Let us also not forget the blood-letting that goes on in those parts.

Preachers making all sorts of claims, which are similarly shocking to asking for charity on behalf of the imam a.s

People acting in ways not befiting a human being like this:

Like I've said to you before, Qiyas is haram in our fiqh. You can't say bloodletting = ghuluww just because they sound nice for your "mission". 

Edited by Al-Afasy

On 6/21/2015 at 4:03 AM, Purged said:

what about those who worship a piece of clay during salat

You do realise that the Ka'aba towards which you pray is also made of clay. And when Muslims are buried we ensure that we are touched by clay. Or is it carpet in your case?

^ If you take the time to research the books of Kalam and Philosophy of the Shia scholars and then compare them to the books of the Sunni mutakallimeen and philosophers, you will clearly see it is the Shias who have properly understood tawheed and the Sunni belief system is riddled with shirk. As of now, you probably don't even know what you actually believe.

With that in mind, you would be better off spending your time searching for truth as opposed to making pathetic attempts to discredit the Shia belief system.

im sorry i dont wish to cause any discord amongst us brothers. khalil mentioned the horse worshipping part which really annoyed me. that kind of allegation usually comes from the other side.

anyway. what i wanted to say was that just because we prostrate on a piece of clay doesnt mean we worship it.

taking dhuljinahs out during ashura is just culture. its an expression of love and respect for our blessed Imam (as)

different cultures have different ways of expressing love for Imams (as) and all of them are unique and beautiful in their own way. but the undertow of all these things has always been one. which is tawheed.

i sincerely apologise to anyone who i offended. it was never my intention.

Edited by Purged

im sorry i dont wish to cause any discord amongst us brothers. khalil mentioned the horse worshipping part which really annoyed me. that kind of allegation usually comes from the other side.

anyway. what i wanted to say was that just because we prostrate on a piece of clay doesnt mean we worship it.

taking dhuljinahs out during ashura is just culture. its an expression of love and respect for our blessed Imam (as)

different cultures have different ways of expressing love for Imams (as) and all of them are unique and beautiful in their own way. but the undertow of all these things has always been one. which is tawheed.

i sincerely apologise to anyone who i offended. it was never my intention.

I apologize, I missed where you were coming from. Please accept my apology, the point you were trying to make went over my head.

Inshallah Allah (swt) forgives me for my shortcomings.

This thread has gone off topic but I think the original poster was to warn people against the likes of Dr. Mohsin Naqvi who collect khums, zakat and other charities and instead of using these funds to help poor people, use it on themselves.  There is a special place in hell for people like that. 

Just a reminder as we welcome the holy month of Ramadan that con men are out in full force to take advantage of the month of Ramadan and the giving nature of muslims.

Remember that one of the best use of your donated funds is your local masjid and the needy in your local area.  If you want to give online use reputable organizations like http://imam-us.org/ and others.

Edited by abba

Allhamdulillah as we approach another blessed month of Ramadan, just a reminder to be on the lookout for frauds like Dr Mohsin Naqvi.

Donate to your local masjid and people in the community who are in need.

JazakAllah!

The deception that this guy (Dr Mohsin Naqvi) continues about himself is unbelievable.  Latest chapter in his long list of frauds: http://cong-halal-iran2017.com/wp-content/uploads/Dr.-Mohsin-Naqvi-1.pdf
This entire resume is full of lies and inaccurate claims about himself.

I just wished that http://cong-halal-iran2017.com/  did their research and checked the background of this fraudster before they invited him. 

Just a reminder to be on the lookout for frauds like Dr. Mohsin Naqvi.

JazakAllah!

2 hours ago, abba said:

Just a reminder to be on the lookout for frauds like Dr. Mohsin Naqvi.

Never have I seen this person asking for donations or khums or zakat in karachi.

10 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

Never have I seen this person asking for donations or khums or zakat in karachi.

I had never even heard of him before this.