Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Marbles

"i Love You"

Rate this topic

Is love between a man and a woman, bound by pact of flesh, is a priori inferior than the love between individuals, bound by bond of blood?

In other words, how our love for those with whom we can have physical relations differs from the love we feel for those with whom we're forbidden to marry?

Please discuss.

It is the difference I'm after. What is so different?

Potential.

Blood relations are family. There is no escaping that whether you love them like them or not. Romantic relationships and even friendships have potential to become "family".

Love for other than Allah or for other than the sake of Allah is dangerous because such love

can be in conflict with justice and kindness.

Don't you see how some people are so in love with someone they do so many unjust and unkind things

to people or to the very ones they claim to love if they break up?

Loving others for your own sake is in conflict with faith in God and didn't God say no man has two hearts within him?

What do you think that means? Well to me it means no man can have more than one true love and we should strive to

make God that one true love.

In a sense I have become a heartless person. I love no one for my own sake. I gave my heart to God. I only love Him and for Him. Trust me life becomes a lot less painful after that. You will not even feel pain when a loved one dies.

Edited by reformist

Love is different in all it's forms as for example; the physical love along with the emotional love can be a powerful driving force between two individuals; Love for Allah can be an even more powerful force as demostrated in Qarbala. It'd be about the forms of love and how it makes the person feel. Hope I gave some good insight ^_^

When you are young, you love your parents/guardians, siblings, and relatives and you tolerate them because they are all that you have, and you need them in order to survive daily problems. When you get married, your spouse and children (if any) become your real family and your love for them increases daily. You cannot compare love of blood relatives with love of spouse and children. It is just not comparable. Of course if your marriage turns abusive or lacks love, either you suffer or get out of the marriage.