Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
USA mom

How To Get Pregnant If Husband Doesn't Want Kinds

Rate this topic

Salam,

I thought I posted this question a few days ago but I don't see it, perhaps it was viewed as inappropriate or the title was inappropriate.

Anyway, I have been married for 5 years now and I'm in my mid 30s. I just had a daughter last year and my husband doesn't want any more kids. (He has another daughter from a previous marriage).

The question is... Since I don't see any Islamic reason for him not wanting more kids and we are financially well Alhmdullilah... Can I still try to get pregnant without his knowledge and then tell him maybe it was an accident??

I have searched through the Internet for the few ways that this may even work and I found that there is whats called in home insemination or (fertilization) and that basically means the woman introduces the (s****) [due to I'm not sure if this is an appropriate word,] using a plastic syringe... Something like what they use for infants' medication..

Is this halal??? Or is it not even about the action and it's because I will be doing something dishonest it will be haram and the child will be haram? I don't even know if this is even possible in my case but can I include it as an option?

I really want kids and I love kids and he doesn't want anymore and is not giving me any good reason why he doesn't want any more. Also, if a spouse doesn't want kids and the other really wants kids and there is not even any room for "accidents" is this grounds for a divorce?

Thank you.

Salam

(salam)

I thought I posted this question a few days ago but I don't see it, perhaps it was viewed as inappropriate or the title was inappropriate.

Your thread, with people's responses, is right here: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235024938-in-home-insemination/

Wassalam

Edited by Ibn al-Hussain

It would be very hurtful to your counter-part if you get yourself pregnant via other methods like artificial insemination without his knowing. It can lead to greater sins such as abortion, hope it works out for you sister.

Why don't you email your husband this thread and ask his opinion?

The more kids you have to take care of the less time you have for yourself.

He obviously wants more time for himself. You should respect his choice.

If you were my wife I'd divorce you.