Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
dragonfly

Homosexual, Kafir, Polytheist... Which Is Worse?

Rate this topic

(salam)

This isn't just another dumb random topic. And maybe the answer is obvious but this is something that is relevant to my life right now and I would like you guys opinions? 

Which is worse? Which of these people would you never allow in your house? What if they were your brother/ sister?

A homosexual who was never a Muslim?

A person who was Muslim but rejected Islam and now is an enemy to Islam?

Or a polytheist? 

Allah knows best of course. 

I would say a person who was Muslim but rejected Islam and now is an enemy to Islam due to the fact that they had the truth with them, and decided to neglect it, not only neglect it but deviating others from it as well as the other two didn't.  

Define 'enemy of Islam'. If by that you mean an extreme terrorist type, like a member of ISIS, then i imagine i would find it difficult to engage with them socially. If i thought i might be able to have positive effect i might try, but if it was a big mouth, hate spewing, aggressive kind of person i would not choose to be anywhere near them. I wouldnt reject someone simply for being an apostate, i'd probably want to talk to them about issues that they had and see if i could help at all. There is always the chance that there heart could open up again. I know a person who had a bad experience with the way religion was taught to them growing up (as sunni) and it led to them virtually apostating, but alhamdullillah in later life they met people who explained things in a different way and their hearts opened up and they became Shia. So you shouldnt give up hope on people.

The worst of the group is the judgemental host who looks down upon people who happen to have different opinions about things.

Having a different opinion is one thing but acting upon that and directly or indirecly bringing fasad into the social realm is another. 

Salam

Dear; the q u asked in fact is not a simple one given a short answer to that, in my opinion the answer is conditional, in other words, maybe all of them are welcomed maybe not of them or just on or two in one way or another, it really depends on a current situation  that one is dealing with, if it's to be no way out that one should choose one out of three, picking a Fasigh is better than apostate or polytheist, for Fasigh is the one who has accepted Islam as his/her religion but still is not a practical Muslim committing homosexuality, this needs to be guided to the right path soon  and giving up that sin for ever, for sure it takes time to change but the probability of being changed here is more than next two.but even in a case that there is no hope for 3 to be changed non of them is welcomed yet the Fasigh has a better condition than the rest especially the one turned  to apostate and intentionally rejected Islam to satisfy his lusts.

(salam)

Are you asking 'which is worse' to know the point of view in the eyes of Allah (swt) or just because you're not sure who to keep friends with and/or stay in contact with? 

Anyway, this seems to me like a social issue - more than anything else. It all depends on what they want with the contact or relation.

إِنَّ شَرَّ الدَّوابِّ عِندَ اللَّـهِ الَّذينَ كَفَروا فَهُم لا يُؤمِنونَ

[8:55] Saheeh International
Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are those who have disbelieved, and they will not [ever] believe -

wallhu a'lam

the enemy of islam is clearly the worst. an enemy is an enemy, his blood is halal. how much worse can that get. i wouldn't invite any of them to my house, but i woudlnt deny them entry if they were to show up without notice. i could never befriend a kafir/polytheist. if it was my bro/ sis being any of those 3 i would try to help, of course using the best strategy. make them feel like you are trying to understand where they coming from, especially gay people.

I would never allow any of them into my house, it is like saying would you place najasat where you pray.

I would probably be nice to the ignorant atheists and polytheists and take him/her to nice places in order to make Islam seem attractive to them through my Ikhlaq and kindness.