Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
race

Do Apple Products Support Israel Or No

Apple products in some way shape or form help many many nations, including Israel. It is a huge industry that operates across the globe.

And with good reason, they make good products.

Edited by iCambrian

As per my knowledge, Apple uses intel processors, and intel is part of the boycott list. However, majority of the high brand-image laptops such as Dell, Hp, Toshiba also use intel, so it's a tough one. There are other laptops with different processors, but they are yet to gain popularity amongst the masses. 

So if it has companies built in Israel, thus it would employ people who would probably end up supporting the Zionist state, right. Or does it give some of its money to Israel freely. Can someone explain how it supports Israel. Or it does not.

Thanks

Mahdi_ - Thanks for explaining it,

Can Someone explain the fatwa where Imam Khamenei mentions it is prohibited to buy, sell, or use from a company which supports Israel. The exact wording of the fatwa is different.

Since intel supports Israel, it would be prohibited to buy or use any laptop which has the chip intel in it. Am I correct.

If you have a problem with what Israel is doing, there are far better ways to demonstrate that, than boycotting a company from california that makes the iphone. 

Apple isnt Israel itself.  It isnt targetting any nation in any aggressive way.  Its just a company that makes phones and computers. Some people from Israel, im sure use iphones and apple computers in their day to day lives.  Does it make apple the bad guy?  Does it make the Israelis who use the iphones bad?  No, of course not.

Im sure you can find people in the vast majority of nations around the globe, who use apple products in their day to day lives in ways that benefit them. Is apple a bad company because it sells products in nations that have legalized marijuana? What if apple sells products in an area with alcoholic beverages on sale?

If you really have a problem with what Israels government is doing, youre far better off finding other ways to do something about it.  If you have a problem with X person or Y organization.  Deal with that person or that organization.  Not the company that sells X person his phone. Its a waste of time.

iCambrian- It was you who said it helps Israel in one form or shape. If there are better ways to demonstrate that, then please list them, but why should boycotting companies that support Israel be left. By tackling the companies which support Israel, we are tackling Israel. Atleast as much as we can do. So apart from this, please list the other methods. As I mentioned khameneis fatwa above, it must be implemented and we cant leave one thing just because we think its a waste of time.

Also, I never said if a person uses an iphone it makes him bad.

Forget supporting, any one who is even pleased with what the Zionist state does, is a partner and a companion of the Zionist state. He will be raised with them on the judgement day. I am not saying you or anyone on shiachat is pleased or likes to support the Zionist state, but I am giving a reminder to whomever reads it.

Edited by race

Is apple a bad company because it sells products in nations that have legalized marijuana? What if apple sells products in an area with alcoholic beverages on sale?

I think you're missing the point iCambrian.

If you read his posts, race is not saying that companies selling products in Israel are bad, but that we should avoid companies whose profits help Israel continue to persecute Palestinian people. 

--

More here: http://www.bdsmovement.net/

The global movement for a campaign of Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) against Israel until it complies with international law and Palestinian rights was initiated by Palestinian civil society in 2005. BDS is a strategy that allows people of conscience to play an effective role in the Palestinian struggle for justice.

For decades, Israel has denied Palestinians their fundamental rights of freedom, equality, and self-determination through ethnic cleansing, colonization, racial discrimination, and military occupation. Despite abundant condemnation of Israeli policies by the UN, other international bodies, and preeminent human rights organisations, the world community has failed to hold Israel accountable and enforce compliance with basic principles of law. Israel’s crimes have continued with impunity. In view of this continued failure, Palestinian civil society called for a global citizens’ response.

-- 

Edited by aliasghark

iCambrian- It was you who said it helps Israel in one form or shape. If there are better ways to demonstrate that, then please list them, but why should boycotting companies that support Israel be left. By tackling the companies which support Israel, we are tackling Israel. Atleast as much as we can do. So apart from this, please list the other methods. As I mentioned khameneis fatwa above, it must be implemented and we cant leave one thing just because we think its a waste of time.

Also, I never said if a person uses an iphone it makes him bad.

Forget supporting, any one who is even pleased with what the Zionist state does, is a partner and a companion of the Zionist state. He will be raised with them on the judgement day. I am not saying you or anyone on shiachat is pleased or likes to support the Zionist state, but I am giving a reminder to whomever reads it.

Well, the apple industry is really big.  They certainly provide plenty of products that are commonly used by israelis (which effectively are helping them). But it doesnt mean that boycotting apple is a way to get back at israel.  Apple is a company out of california.  Their motives involve producing computers for the world. Its not like theyre in cahoots with any country or government.  Theyre independent.

It wouldnt surprise me if dole bananas helped Israel too.  Doesnt mean we should boycott bananas.

I think you're missing the point iCambrian.

If you read his posts, race is not saying that companies selling products in Israel are bad, but that we should avoid companies whose profits help Israel continue to persecute Palestinian people. 

--

More here: http://www.bdsmovement.net/

The global movement for a campaign of Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) against Israel until it complies with international law and Palestinian rights was initiated by Palestinian civil society in 2005. BDS is a strategy that allows people of conscience to play an effective role in the Palestinian struggle for justice.

For decades, Israel has denied Palestinians their fundamental rights of freedom, equality, and self-determination through ethnic cleansing, colonization, racial discrimination, and military occupation. Despite abundant condemnation of Israeli policies by the UN, other international bodies, and preeminent human rights organisations, the world community has failed to hold Israel accountable and enforce compliance with basic principles of law. Israel’s crimes have continued with impunity. In view of this continued failure, Palestinian civil society called for a global citizens’ response.

-- 

Israel has massive contracts with its neighboring countries. 

If anyone wants to make a difference, theyre better off looking at companies from surrounding places like jordan or egypt, than they are from global tycoons like apple. Heck, China alone probably assists the apple industry 1000 fold greater than any boycott we could ever hold. May as well make it a million fold.

Edited by iCambrian

As per my knowledge, Apple uses intel processors, and intel is part of the boycott list. However, majority of the high brand-image laptops such as Dell, Hp, Toshiba also use intel, so it's a tough one. There are other laptops with different processors, but they are yet to gain popularity amongst the masses.

You can get computers with different processors but you can't avoid Intel entirely (USB is an Intel technology).

The Israeli boycott is absurd. Its there to make us feel good; but nobody actually keeps the boycott when it comes to "must have" items like computers and cell phones.

You can get computers with different processors but you can't avoid Intel entirely (USB is an Intel technology).

The Israeli boycott is absurd. Its there to make us feel good; but nobody actually keeps the boycott when it comes to "must have" items like computers and cell phones.

It's as absurd as boycotting Nazi Germany's and Apartheid South African products. 

These for regimes, like today's Apartheid Israel, may have created or exported good products too, but at the end of the day if you also commit genocide you're going to be avoided to a large extent. 

The boycott's logic is that the products whose profits go to Israel (helping in its ongoing apartheid and genocide) should be avoided. You do what you can do - for example just because Intel contributed to the development of USB, it doesn't make a technology to avoid. You have to see whether your using something helps Israel's economy or not. 

Just like boycotting the apartheid South African regime worked, apartheid Israel's leaders admit that boycotting it is working.  

It's as absurd as boycotting Nazi Germany's and Apartheid South African products.

These for regimes, like today's Apartheid Israel, may have created or exported good products too, but at the end of the day if you also commit genocide you're going to be avoided to a large extent.

The boycott's logic is that the products whose profits go to Israel (helping in its ongoing apartheid and genocide) should be avoided. You do what you can do - for example just because Intel contributed to the development of USB, it doesn't make a technology to avoid. You have to see whether your using something helps Israel's economy or not.

Just like boycotting the apartheid South African regime worked, apartheid Israel's leaders admit that boycotting it is working.

Using a computer with Intel technology such as USB is helping apartheid Israel. Stop being a hypocrite and lead the way by getting rid of all technology that sends money to Israel. Its very hard to take you seriously right now.

1. Using a computer with Intel technology such as USB is helping apartheid Israel. 2. Stop being a hypocrite and lead the way by getting rid of all technology that sends money to Israel. Its very hard to take you seriously right now.

1. How so? Why do you believe that? 

2. Why not stick to the subject, and avoid personal attacks? Unless you've run out of sensible arguments, attacking the messenger can be a bad idea. 

We live in a global society which is interconnected in various different ways.  The days when you could be completely cut-off from the rest of the world and still have a vibrant economy are completely gone.  The question implies if it is possible to live in a self sufficient and self sustaining economy disconnected from the rest of the world.  

In my opinion, unless you live on an island somewhere in the middle of the ocean and can grow your own food, and not engage in trade with anyone else, you will come into contact with ideologies and religions which are not in conformity with your own.

We live in a global society which is interconnected in various different ways.  The days when you could be completely cut-off from the rest of the world and still have a vibrant economy are completely gone.  The question implies if it is possible to live in a self sufficient and self sustaining economy disconnected from the rest of the world.  

Yes, that's why isolating genocidal Israel will work, just like it did with apartheid South Africa. 

Part 2 of our conversation with famed linguist and political dissident Noam Chomsky on the crisis in Gaza, U.S. support for Israel, apartheid and the BDS movement. "In the Occupied Territories, what Israel is doing is much worse than apartheid," Chomsky says. "To call it apartheid is a gift to Israel, at least if by 'apartheid' you mean South African-style apartheid. What’s happening in the Occupied Territories is much worse. There’s a crucial difference. The South African Nationalists needed the black population. That was their workforce. … The Israeli relationship to the Palestinians in the Occupied Territories is totally different. They just don’t want them. They want them out, or at least in prison."

Realistically speaking, cutting off Israel from the rest of the world is a pipe dream.  All you need to do is open Wall Street Journal, Financial Times or watch any of the popular news network and you can see the pro-Israel bias. 

The richest muslim countries and men are after saving their own interests and will never say anything which ever goes against Zionism or Israel. 

If an individual or society or country cuts off and strongly oppose the Zionist state, boycotts companies which support and help the Zionists aims, then that individual or that society will progress and be the most civilized and the most successful of all.

Agora I understand what you mean. But there are people who have avoided all technology which help supports Israel. Its not impossible.

1. How so? Why do you believe that?

2. Why not stick to the subject, and avoid personal attacks? Unless you've run out of sensible arguments, attacking the messenger can be a bad idea.

1.) Because intel is on the boycott lists.

2.) I am on subject. You're trying to convince me to participate in a useless boycott. I'm asking you to lead the way.

1.) Because intel is on the boycott lists.

2.) I am on subject. You're trying to convince me to participate in a useless boycott. I'm asking you to lead the way.

1. Using computers with USB "is helping apartheid Israel", because "intel is on the boycott lists"? You're not making much sense.  How does using USB actually help Israel, can you explain? 

2. Sure, but keep the name-calling and personal attacks out. 

1. Using computers with USB "is helping apartheid Israel", because "intel is on the boycott lists"? You're not making much sense. How does using USB actually help Israel, can you explain?

2. Sure, but keep the name-calling and personal attacks out.

1.) Intel invented USB. Ergo, USB is part of the boycott, right?

2.) I didn't call you any names. I asked you to stop being hypocritical. I'm sorry if that offended you.