Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Overwhelming Support For Assad By Shias

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I have noticed on social media as well as my own encounters with people that there is overwhelming support for Bashar by shias.

The only logical reason I see for support of Bashar is because he is the lesser of two evils and his downfall would open the doors for a puppet in his place.

However, the statements I have seen from people are actual support, and it just shows to me the level of sectarianism these days.

Before these "revolutions" in syria even started, bashar was killing people and Beating people who opposed him? For that aspect alone see it wrong to wholeheartedly support him ( besides the fact that he is the lesser of two evils).

It completely confuses me that Shias support Bashar while Sunnis despise him. What's with the discrepancies? Do you think it is okay to ACTUALLY support bashar regardless of any other groups that would replace him if he was gone.

• Advanced Member

It is the duty of all Muslims to take the uncompromising stance towards justice that the Prophet and Imam Ali, Bashar is a tyrant. Unfortunately the contenders to replace him are tyrants as well, so I oppose them all, I've yet to see a "lesser of two evils" approach work out in favor of the rights if the common man.

It is NOT about Assad, it is not mainly about lesser of two evils, it is not about sect, IT IS MAINLY because of the BIG EVIL, the Takfiris.

I don't think anybody support a group like ISIS or Nusra or other Takfiris to take over Libya and be happy for the removal Gaddafi (who by the way was killing and had bad human rights records before the so called revolution). Majority of Syrian soldiers who prefer to side with Assad against the rebels are SUNNIS. Go to Syria now and ask people. Here is an article/report about how Sunnis in rebel controlled Aleppo respond NOW. It is published on al-monitor that has nothing to do with Shias or the Syrian regime. Read it. Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------

Islamic State calls for revenge against Syria’s rebels

ALEPPO, Syria — The Islamic State’s new offensive in Aleppo is in full swing, with dramatic changes on the battlefield a certainty; this will define and reshape the whole dynamics of the Syrian conflict, and may cause major players to recalculate their fundamental policies and strategies. The very survival of the rebel movement in Aleppo hangs in the balance, with serious implications should it be replaced by the terrorist Islamic State (IS).

There is also a personal element to the current offensive. The slogan of the Islamic State's latest campaign to rout the Aleppo rebels and capture their territory is called “revenge for our chaste women.” This hair-raising motto was chosen for two purposes: to put the fear of God into their opponents, and to rally their already frenzied fighters into even higher levels of brutality and blood thirst.

What this war slogan alludes to is the alleged rape and abuse of the wives and female relatives of IS militants after the fighters were expelled from Aleppo by a coalition of local and Islamist fighters under the banner of the Islamic Front in January of this year. Before that, IS militants were fighting and living side by side with other factions. Many had settled down with their families alongside local rebels in their towns, villages and neighborhoods.

When relations went sour and war erupted, many IS fighters were forced to flee and leave their families behind. It was the alleged cases of rape against their families that now inspire IS fighters to return with a hateful fury and vengeance that threatens to unleash new and ever more grotesque acts of barbarity onto the world’s television screens and social media. And this has the rebels exceedingly worried and frightened.

Adel is a native of Hreitan, a town in Aleppo’s countryside just a few kilometers north of the city on the Gaziantep highway. The previous round of clashes with IS in January saw them enter his town and execute several rebels and their supporters there.

“This is a fight for our existence and way of life,” he said. “They are much like the regime in that they want to impose their rules by force, and kill anyone who opposes that. They killed many fine and decent young men when they came to my town last time.” He went on to add bitterly: ”Of course, the regime is happy about this and wants to see them kill us all, as are the people of Aleppo who think we are the cause for the destruction of their city and who despise us for that. But let me ask them, where were they when we were protesting and our young men were being shot and killed? What about the thousands of lives we have given fighting this terrible regime and IS, what about the sacrifices of those people, did they forget about that? Who is bombing their city, us with simple weapons or the regime with its missiles and barrels and airplanes?”

The truth surrounding the alleged rapes is sketchy at best, limited to specific cases and nothing systemic. But that hasn’t stopped IS from exploiting the issue to its advantage. The group has always displayed a skillful mastery in the arts of psychological warfare and propaganda. Its latest war motto is just another weapon in this impressive arsenal. By relying on tactics of fear and intimidation, IS hopes to persuade opponents to surrender or pledge allegiance without firing a single bullet, and there is plenty of proof that those tactics worked pretty well in Deir Ez-Zor. For a Machiavellian and nihilistic death cult like IS, sex abuse is just another tool to beat your opponents and rally your troops with.

With all that in mind, Aleppo rebels are facing their toughest time since the Syrian conflict began. Their obvious nervousness is palpable as the clock ticks down to the inevitable showdown that will either make or break them, even as they draw reinforcements from other fronts in and around Aleppo city to bolster their strongholds against IS.

An awful lot is riding on this, and the rebels know that they are at a major disadvantage. Outgunned and outmaneuvered, they find themselves caught between the slowly advancing regime troops around Aleppo city, and the relentless approach of IS in the northern countryside. The prospects do appear dim, and already residents of front-line or strategically important towns have left for safer areas of Syria or crossed the border into Turkey. Some speculate the local rebels might soon follow suit.

But many of Aleppo’s residents have little sympathy for the rebels, whom they largely blame for destroying their city. Wadah is an Aleppan small business owner who fell on hard times after the city was plunged into the turmoil of civil war. “May God take them all, may they kill each other, them (rebels) and IS.”

“They are the cause of all of our suffering and problems, we had no troubles before the rebels of the villages came, we were happy and doing just fine. We rejected them and their so-called revolution, and they hated us for that, which is why they took revenge and stole our factories and businesses and ruined our livelihoods. But now God will have his revenge on them,” he said.

Regarding IS, Wadah shared the rebels’ fear. “Of course we are terrified that they will take Aleppo city, they are backward butchers from dark times, it will be worse than the sacking of Baghdad by the Mongols. They will destroy our civilization completely. We cannot live under such a barbarian group. But we have faith the Syrian army will protect us.”

The IS campaign in Aleppo will most definitely be a game changer, and its outcome will have serious ramifications on the flow of the Syrian conflict as a whole as well as the future of the terrorist group should it be decisively defeated. What is certain for now is that the residents of Aleppo, no matter their affiliation, are dreading the arrival of IS. al-monitor.com

True. They're all tyrants.

And I don't, and we don't want, any Takfiri group like IS or Nusra to remove those tyrants like Assad or Maliki or Ahle Saud, or European leaders, and impose their own laws on those countries.

What is happening in Syria today is a human disaster, a shame on the face of humanity, even Satan is laughing and amazed by what the rebels are doing in Syria. After all that, we come here and escape and ignore 100s of tyrants and just interested to know how bad Assad is or how difficult Maliki was. At least in some other tyrant countries there might be alternative, good ones, while the west and east ignore the suffering of people, but in Syria there only human eaters as who will be the king and kingmakers.

Edited by shiachater1950
  • Veteran Member

Is Syrians have no brain and they want to support freaks, its up to them. But Shia should take care of their own villages and people. Even Christians in lebanon now, those of them who were against Hezbullah are now with it because they know Sunnis won't save them when fighting starts.

Syria for those who enjoy destruction and like to ignite wars and enjoy the call for mindless animosity. Curses upon everyone who support these freaks.

178890_Ard_al-Hamra_Ballistic_Missile_St

201302201240123.jpeg

re_1363673117.jpg

505639.jpg

eabcf6441d6878936d22e3b43fd0f0a4Destruct

292.jpg

a6748e5a1389682c15c740fd8a245781.jpg

sat_04.jpg

1441460_10153600828670727_1861745777_n.j

bh50cgfcuaiofyt.jpg

2330.jpg

54a5da4fcef4000bf58bdb50edb02a3b.jpg

cdbfe26e81.jpg

225246_619523134729238_374723594_n.jpg

405_270_013866532986594.jpg

People were poor, the country was put under economical and political sanctions due to its position from Israel. Syria dose not have huge reservoir of oil nor it has its own nuclear reactor.

2013-06-25T190105Z_1_ACAE95O1GTW00_RTROP

People were looking for something better, less governmental corruption, freedom of speech, better representative government and end to hierarchy. They weren't looking for this. Those who fooled them , tickled their hopes, danced over their wounds are the criminal supporters of all of this mess, each and everyone.

%D8%B3%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A76.jpg

153478.jpg?319337

481210_564833276877596_326426965_n.jpg

213.jpeg

351.jpg

180357_0.jpg

Even the Syrians who supported these freaks are as much criminals as them.

• Veteran Member

Basher is not a great man or leader, however Syria was generally fine prior to the uprising, at least no different than many countries of a similar background.

He hasnt handled the uprising very well, however he is a million times better than either a israeli puppet or takferi. 

• Advanced Member

It is the typical case made on behalf of many tyrants that things were 'generally fine' before a war has broken out or some other trauma has occurred to the country, no doubt Western interference in Syria is damaging, just as massive damage happened to Iraq when America invaded, so is it happening in Syria with the Western backed extremist rebels. There are many who said Iraq was 'generally fine' before the war broke out, while ignoring the rights violations, torture, etc. It is well known Assad lent Syria as a staging ground for U.S. torture (sprinkled with the pretty term 'extraordinary rendition' of Muslims, should it be excused?

In any case, the only good tyrant is a dead tyrant and all groups that encourage evil should be opposed without appealing to the new secular political principles that have infected the minds of many Muslims that cause them to support tyrants since it is possible a new set of tyrants will emerge, tyrants will always produce more tyrants backing one tyrant or the other solves nothing as is proven in Iraq for those who opposed the West against Saddam despite the typical destruction the West was bringing forth, the key was to support neither the West nor Saddam, both are evil.

It is simple enough to ask oneself, would The Prophet support ISIS? Would he support Assad? If Imam Mehdi were to emerge now would he take up arms or speak out on behalf of Assad?

Salam alaikum

• Veteran Member

^Who supports Assad? Who takes up arms and speaks on behalf of Assad?

You got totally the wrong idea. If prophet was here and Imam Mahdi was here, nobody would supported or followed anyone else, except them. Please do not give out of order or nonapplicable prescriptions.

What would you do or what would Imam Mahdi said if he was here when the terrorist ISIS massacred the entire Shia villages in Syria just because they were Shias? What happened if they planned to attack, and destroy the shrine of Zainabiya, kill all those in and around the shrine, and impose the worst laws?

For self-defense we don't need to have prophets or Imams to be present to decide whether we side with Assad or ISIS... it is about preventing massacre of entire cities, destruction of holy sites, rape, and enslavement of women and children, and if you don't follow Quran and do not give yourself the right to defend them, then I have no idea what kind of religion you follow!

Read the political moves even by Imams, when times were bad and not completely in favor of Islam and Muslims, even the Imams kept it quiet sometimes, or made peace or sided with rulers like Muhawiya and etc who by the way were tyrants or simply bad rulers and anti Islam... just to save Islam and protect Muslims in great scales.... look at the bigger picture, that is what the Imams and prophets did when options were limited.

Edited by Noah-
  • Advanced Member

Who said anything about the presence of an Imam? Is the point of thinking of those men we hold dear only to think of what would happen if they were here? They are our examples, what they would do is what we should take into our own souls to learn how we can handle these struggles in life.

Assad is a tyrant, ISIS are a group of tyrants, do you think siding with one or the other will save anyone? The defense of a group of Shias or any other victimized group is of the highest nobility, but is this Assad's goal? Please, he is nothing more than an opportunist, he would throw away his allies at the drop of a hat, just look at how he hosted the U.S.'s torture of Muslims whom they had no proof their crimes. He bent over backwards for his fellow oppressors, because that is who he is, that is who they all are that rule with iron fists in the Middle East.

You would do well not to result to hyperbole in speaking with others, attempt to say I do not support self-defense, indeed I do not support tyrants, that is what I said, it is haram to put words in others mouths.

Salam alaikum

Edited by Ratohnhaketon
  • Advanced Member

Assad is a tyrant, no doubt, but I would rather live under him than under al-Nusra, or under IS.

Heck even Zahran Allouch of the Islamic Front confesses to cleanse Syria on his own freakin' Twitter.

I would be under a tyrant than someone who is coming to separate my head, simple as that.

• Veteran Member

Of course there is overwhelming support for Bashar al-Assad. This is the sensible stance.

People who support the "rebels," or who are indifferent; these are the people who need to explain and defend their stance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

What other choice I have

He's sensible aND prowestern and prorussian his opponents are filthy savages hell bent on spreading wahabi ideology

If those, damn mullahs shias and sunnis hadn't supported those bandit " Mujahideen" against soviets we would not be in this predicament

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

What I meant was many shias constantly praise Assad.. They dont just support him by default. Not sure if this is just a disconnect between the shia and Sunni stances on Assad or if these people of are the uneducated minority.

Edited by sm9658

I still don't get it and I'm still not convinced of the whole Tyrant thing. 

Firstly, all the western governments hate his guts.

Secondly, never seen him do anything unjust to shias or even hint that he is against shias

Thirdly, on the flip side of point 2, never seen him do anything other than help and support shias

Finally, Saudis, emirates and ISIS hate him too.

I don't know guys, all signs says he might be at least a decent chap? I mean, he might not be the best Muslim or God loving dude in the world, but tyrant?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

Bismillah for the third time tonight),

I - your European "infidel friend" - read and read and read and read!

Though I learnt quite a few new things and name I read that blame is spread in all four directions of the wind.

What I did not read a single (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), not a single time is the word "AMERICA"!

Was I wrong when saying this is an impressive forum with civil and intellegent folks discussing important issues? Was I really so wrong?

It seems you are in the middle of a vast forest - and do not see the trees!

Of course we can blame "IS" or "ASSAD" - the Shiates, the Sunnis or the Allaouites. We all have our arguments and reasons, don't we?

Still - that I did not read the name "AMERICA" a single time on the bloody banner of truth is MORE THAN STUNNING!

And VERY DISAPPOINTING on top of it!

I will now go to bed wondering - "what the heck is wrong with otherwise intellegent Muslims"....?

your brother in arms, your brother at heart!

Muraqad

• 4 weeks later...

Before these "revolutions" in syria even started, bashar was killing people and Beating people who opposed him? For that aspect alone see it wrong to wholeheartedly support him ( besides the fact that he is the lesser of two evils).

Who said Bashar al Assad used to beat and kill people who oppose him? 

Yes in every country in the world there is corruption there are mistakes.

But what the Pro-Zionist media says isn't always true. Just like they try to portray a President as if like an evil cartoon character who is just "born evil", there is none of that.