Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
wayfarer.

Urgent Help Needed

Rate this topic

(salam)

A friend forwarded me this link and I need to respond, so could any knowledgeable member please comment on this. Jazakallah

"Khamenei praises Umar for his justice

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

Khamenei, the current supreme leader of Iran, praises l Omar for his justice. He doesn’t name Omar but simply refers to him as the “Second Caliph”. He mentions the famous story of an egyptian who was beaten by by the son of Amr ibn al-As and how Omar established justice. After mentioning the story he then says: “This is the beauty of Islam”.

The speech is from his Friday sermon in Tehran (28 years ago).

https://islamistruth.wordpress.com/2014/08/

(salam)

hmm yes, that's true. I didn't think of it that way.

Thanks.

I guess the part that I was referring to was the statement "this is the beauty of Islam" implying that Omar represented Islam.

Ok this is the reply I received. How would you respond to this? :

Nothing wrong in praising an enemy. However if I were him, I would give innumerable examples of Justice from the 14 pristine personalities of Islam. Not of the enemies of Islam which are mostly stories."

(By the way, thanks brothers for taking the time to respond)

Also this is what he added :

...I'm sure you would do the same. And not include 'duwwam' in any statement where you say 'this is the beauty of Islam'... His action to justify the beauty of Islam. Really?!! This is the mazloomiyat of Ahlulbait (a). There own people have left them in favour of giving examples of thr enemies instead.

1986 = Iran was in the midst of the Iran–Iraq War.

Or Do I have to explain further?

yes please. Jazakallah

Stating my position.

I did not click or watch the video. Therefore I am trying to look at it from a  perspective of common sense. And that is, what you wrote and the period, however this applies to any given time.

War between two nations, which compromises of both Shia's and Sunni. Emotions are volatile, neighbors could easily turn against one other, as humans have a preference to sides, which magnifies during distress. The objective during war, is to subdue the wrong kind of emotions and ideas that stem due to fear. Society has to be kept in order and control, as there are too many emotion before reason type of individuals.

As seen in the example of the site mentioned, the author, implies the excuse that, if Person A, praises Person B, but as the group, Person A belongs to does not adhere too the ideas of Person B, what it really means, is that secretly Person A actually adheres to the ideas of Person B. And that all those countless accusations are incorrect, as one good act or praise, wipes, dilutes the mistakes.

I know it does not make any sense, but that is the indirect message from that author.  However, there are countless periods in history, where enemies would praise their own enemies and even to the extend of weeping for the loss. And post people lack the skills in knowing how to govern, hence they get confused when leaders make decisions that they assume goes against their creed, but it maybe temporary to squash the greater calamity.

The quotes do better justice at explaining this;

"that the crowd is always intellectually inferior to the isolated individual, but that, from the point of view of feelings and of the acts these feelings provoke, the crowd may, according to circumstances, he better or worse than the individual. All depends on the nature of the suggestion to which the crowd is exposed."

"A crowd is at the mercy of all external exciting causes, and reflects their incessant variations. It is the slave of the impulses which it receives. The isolated individual may be submitted to the same exciting causes as the man in a crowd, but as his brain shows him the inadvisability of yielding to them, he refrains from yielding. This truth may be physiologically expressed by saying that the isolated individual possesses the capacity of dominating his reflex actions, while a crowd is devoid of this capacity."

"This mobility of crowds renders them very difficult to govern, especially when a measure of public authority has fallen into their hands."

Conclusion; Keep the crowd controlled and aim towards peace rather then prolonged war.

Edited by D3v1L

(salam)

A friend forwarded me this link and I need to respond, so could any knowledgeable member please comment on this. Jazakallah

"Khamenei praises Umar for his justice

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

Khamenei, the current supreme leader of Iran, praises l Omar for his justice. He doesn’t name Omar but simply refers to him as the “Second Caliph”. He mentions the famous story of an egyptian who was beaten by by the son of Amr ibn al-As and how Omar established justice. After mentioning the story he then says: “This is the beauty of Islam”.

https://islamistruth.i wordpress.com/2014/08/

Salamun alaykum. I listened to the whole sermon. The topic of Ayat Allah Khamenei's speech is freedom as viewed by Islam and the West. In this part of his speech, he wants to prove that the fact that all human beings are free and not the salve of others has been a prevalent culture among  Muslims who lived in the early age of Islam. Then he narrates the story and refers to this statement of the second Caliph who, addressing Amr ibn al-As said:

متى استعبدتم النّاس و قد ولدتهم امّهاتهم احرارا

When did you made people slaves of yourself while their mothers have given birth to free men?

Then Ayat Allah Khamenei says : "This is the logic of Islam" (not "the beauty of Islam as you mentioned". Then he continues: "If such logic were not prevalent among Muslims in that era, the second Caliph would have not said such statement in that incident".

So, the whole story is about the logic of Islam regarding freedom and there is no issue of praising a certain person.

(salam)

Wow brother that is awesome. Jazakallah amirhosein for the clarification! It's so sad that people are trying their best to put Ayt. Khamenei in a bad light and latch onto anything in order to advance their agenda.