Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Say: I AM

Pursuing Admission To Isma'ili Tariqa—Questions?

The more I read this thread the more I feel that is a proselytysing spam thread.

He claims to have been a 12er who has been inspired to convert to Ismailiism.

In order to square the circle he has adopted a couple of unique beliefs that are not to be found in 12er doctrine or Ismaili doctrine.

Firstly that all the 12 Imams had some sort of legitimacy as guides. (paraphrasing) 

Secondly and more seriously that his 'current Imam' (Agha Khan) does not have to be a descendant of the Holy Prophet (pbuhahp), he just has to believe he is.

You may be aware of the circles of belief (my interpretation) of Ismailiism. After study and acceptance you are admitted into ever inner circles where more and more of the truth is revealed to you.

So in the outer circle you are all things to all men. The Inner circles are where you are taught to reject your former beliefs and blindly follow others.

Standard ensnarement and brainwash techniques 

Because before, Alevis were mostly known as Sufi Turk during the 1200s, than 1500s kizilbash, and since 1800s and 1900s we are known as Alevis

Due to prosecution of the ottomans and kurds, Alevis were exiled and assimilated in various forms, some were far apart from each other, this is why there is still similarities but some have defined theirselves as another I. E ismailies etc

If you look back they have the same ancestor tree that goes back to horasan 

Seyh Ahmet and Seyh Hasan 

On 5/3/2016 at 11:57 PM, A true Sunni said:

The more I read this thread the more I feel that is a proselytysing spam thread.

He claims to have been a 12er who has been inspired to convert to Ismailiism.

In order to square the circle he has adopted a couple of unique beliefs that are not to be found in 12er doctrine or Ismaili doctrine.

Firstly that all the 12 Imams had some sort of legitimacy as guides. (paraphrasing) 

Secondly and more seriously that his 'current Imam' (Agha Khan) does not have to be a descendant of the Holy Prophet (pbuhahp), he just has to believe he is.

You may be aware of the circles of belief (my interpretation) of Ismailiism. After study and acceptance you are admitted into ever inner circles where more and more of the truth is revealed to you.

So in the outer circle you are all things to all men. The Inner circles are where you are taught to reject your former beliefs and blindly follow others.

Standard ensnarement and brainwash techniques 

Kinda like the ones Papa Khomeini used, amirite? ;)

40 minutes ago, A true Sunni said:

12er Shia havent this concentric circles of secrecy, with only the adept allowed into the inner secrets. Not sure what you are referring to

I meant standard ensnarement and brainwash techniques.

7 hours ago, A true Sunni said:

All religions employ methods or elements of brainwashing. 

You're opinion I guess.

But why blame the Aga Khan for this? I admit that I am very, very uneasy with just how insanely rich he is while some of his people remain poor. And some of his more excessive lifestyle choices.

But he's a decent guy. He contributes to society with his absolutely massive charities and his championing of a peaceful form of Islam.