Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
David66

"lioness Of Iran" Simin Behbahani Dies, Age 87

Rate this topic

Hello,

The famous Iranian poet Simin Behbahani has died at age 87.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/19/simin-behbahani-iran-poet-dies

It's the End of the Line

It's the end of the line, and still you sit,
too tired, too broken down, to take another step.
O ancient flax, witness of my decline:
in my fingers you rot and fall apart.
You strain to live, but you are more tired
and broken down than you believe.

O heart, from you no desire can sprout.
You are a seed in the dead soil
of the dry desert of my body.
Wishing to fly, you can only utter an envious sigh.
Every breath you breathe is the air of confinement.
O yellow-faced autumn, with what colors or perfumes
do you wait to greet the happy birds?

Your battered rooftop deserves
no more than an ill-omened owl to make its nest.

They have turned to straw those twin braids
that were once like two bouquets of violets.

O spine, do not rebel against the burden of my body

while I have not escaped life,
while you have not escaped my body.

Simin Behbahani

All the Best,

David

Edited by David66

Hello,

I will be taking wagers on when David66 learned who "Simin Behbahani" was.

I say it was when he read this article he linked.

Not far off.  But, you are wrong. 

I was not familiar with Behbahani until President Obama mentioned her and quoted some lines of her poetry.  I liked it, so, I read a little more.  It is easy to do with the internet you know.  Some really good stuff.   I know, you will label her a feminist.  And, you will label her thoughts on "human rights, democracy and the rights of the individual" as heresy.  But, even if you do, you can not take away the beauty and power of her poetry.

I hope you did not make too many wagers.  I would hate to be a part of you loosing money on your birthday.   And speaking of birthdays, in the coming year, I hope you try to be a little more understanding and little less hostile.  And contemplate this, just because a person has different ideas does not make them evil.

Happy Birthday Baradar Jackson.

All the Best,

David

Edited by David66

^  :o

Sometimes, when you through out the olive branch, you get beat with it.  ;)

All the Best,

David

May peace and blessings be upon you.

It sounds like people think you's a busta, straight busta.

Bro, if what they say is true (and I haven't been around to see it myself), you have a disease in the heart: an altered, warped view of what "real happiness" is. Annoying others? See how you're not happy unless people are upset? Someone else has to be upset for you to be happy?

Read this. I sincerely hope you change your ways:

http://www.al-islam.org/jami-al-saadat-the-collector-of-felicities-muhammad-mahdi-ibn-abi-dharr-al-naraqi/joint-diseases#2-harassing-and-insulting-others

C'mon man.

peace.

Edited by thuglife

Hello,

To Repenter and Baradar Jackson, did anyone force you to make comments on my thread? 

And, if you are going to post a comment, shouldn't one comment on the thread's subject matter and not solely attack the OP?

Nonetheless, I can't really talk about Simin Behbahani, because to me, she is just a name and a face. I don't read poetry (not that I am against it; I just can never make much sense of it). For me to talk about Simin Behbahani or her poetry -- on any level -- would be disingenuous. But then again, I am not the one who started this topic.

Hello,

To Repenter and Baradar Jackson, did anyone force you to make comments on my thread? 

And, if you are going to post a comment, shouldn't one comment on the thread's subject matter and not solely attack the OP?

You should not even be posting on this thread

Start a "Why I Hate David66" thread if you want to discuss such things.  It seems the issue is quite a burden to you based on your diatribe above. 

All the Best,

David

It appears you're ignoring their previous frustrations from dealing with you. And it appears you threw quite a swing by assuming to know that he'll call her a "feminist" and her ideas "heresy." I can imagine what other threads must be like. And several people liked his first comment about a wager, so keep in mind that you've been coming across as a busta to many, not just him.

It got to the point that he felt the need to write a lengthy essay in response to you and all of your interactions with the various users here.

TL;DR There's more to life than trolling. Go buy a new cologne, Burberry Brit or something from YVS. In Islam, the only thing Muslims are allowed to go extravagant in is fragrances. The Holy Prophet pbuh&hf would wear fragrance.