Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ten Promised Paradise

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

These are the promised ones:

1. Abu Bakr as-Siddiq.

2. Umar al-Farooq.

3. Uthman al-Zunnurayn.

4. 'Ali Karamallahu Wajhah.

5. Talhah.

6. Zubayr.

7. Abdul Rahman ibn 'Awf.

8. Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqas.

9. Abu Ubaidah ibn al-Jarrah.

10. Saeed ibn Zaid.

May Allah be pleased with all of them.

While other Sahabas, let Allah judge them all. It's not our rights to decide whether they will enter Jannah or not.

Can the Sunnis tell us how can people who angered Sayyed Fatima (AS) and people who fought each other be all in Paradise?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(bismillah)     Him narrating some nice things about Imam Zayn al-`Abideen [as] and following him around does not necessitate anything. al-Zuhri was in the court of Bani Umayya and this is fact. This

(bismillah)     What I find highly suspicious is the fact this narration as I have found them in Bukhari's Saheeh goes through `Ali b. al-Husayn عليه السلام. In fact, all of the narrations that go thr

why only those 10? where is Bilal , where is Hamza? Where are Ale Yasser? Ja'afar Attayar? Alhasan and ALhusain? Sa'ad bin Maath   Why were the men who were surrounding the prophet all his life, durin

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

What always gets me and was mentioned already was that some of them even waged war on one another! What the hell man? Lol. Either one is Muslim and the other is kafir or both are non-Muslims. How can both be Muslims and promised heaven yet they battled one another?! Makes no sense...

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

This hadith is present in Sinan Abu Dawood & Thirmidhi by two narrators, of which both of them are included in the list.

Narrated Saad ibn Zayd
AbdurRahman ibn al-Akhnas said that when he was in the mosque, a man mentioned Ali (may Allah be pleased with him). So Sa'id ibn Zayd got up and said: I bear witness to the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) that I heard him say: Ten persons will go to Paradise: The Prophet (pbuh) will go to Paradise, Abu Bakr will go to Paradise, Umar will go to Paradise, Uthman will go to Paradise, Ali will go to Paradise, Talha will go to Paradise: Zubayr will go to paradise, Saad ibn Malik will go to Paradise, and Abdur Rahman bin Awf will go to Paradise. If I wish, I can mention the tenth. The People asked: Who is he: So he kept silence. The again asked: Who is he: He replied: He is Saad ibn Zayd.

Source: [sunan Abu Dawood, 40:4632]

Narrated Abdur Rahman bin Awf:
that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Abu Bakr is in Paradise, 'Umar is in Paradise, 'Uthman is in Paradise, 'Ali is in Paradise, Talhah is in Paradise, Az-Zubair is in Paradise, 'Abdur Rahman bin Awf is in Paradise, Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas is in Paradise, and Abu 'Ubaidah bin Al-Jarrah is in Paradise."

Source: [Tirmidhi, Hadith 3747]

The second point to be noted is that the first version says Saad bin Malik while the second one says Saad bin Abi Waqas. A clear difference in another person & a contradiction by the two narrators.

For more info, go to: http://www26.brinkster.com/sdolshah1/amtbc.html

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

What's even funnier is that the people who narrate this are suspiciously also in this list of the promised ten... 

Is there anything in the science of ahadith that casts doubts on the justice of a narrator if he boasts about himself in the hadith he is narrating (as the hadith in question here)? 

• Advanced Member

Is there anything in the science of ahadith that casts doubts on the justice of a narrator if he boasts about himself in the hadith he is narrating (as the hadith in question here)?

Exactly. So If imam Ali (as) narrated something he heard of praise of himself from prophet (pbuh) then that Hadith should be "written off"??? What nonesense!!!

• Advanced Member

Exactly. So If imam Ali (as) narrated something he heard of praise of himself from prophet (pbuh) then that Hadith should be "written off"??? What nonesense!!!

It becomes suspicious if the only narrator of the hadeeth is the one praised. For example, at Jamal, Imam Ali [as] said to Talhah and Zubair "Did the Prophet not say 'whoever I am his master, Ali is his master'"? They said "Yes", so he said "Then why do you want to fight me?" [see: mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihain]. Dozens of the sahabah narrate "For whoever I am his master, Ali is his master", so we know Imam Ali [as] did not fabricate it.

The only ones who narrate the "ten promised paradise" hadeeth are those who are supposedly going to paradise, so it becomes suspicious. In fact, Sheikh al-Mufeed [ar] narrates in al-Kafi'ah that Imam Ali [as] rejected this hadeeth saying it was fabricated by Sa'id:

قال له طلحة : سبحان الله ! تزعم أنا ملعونون وقد قال رسول الله : عشرة من أصحابي في الجنة. فقال أمير المؤمنين - عليه السلام - : هذا حديث سعيد بن زيد

Talha said to him: SubhanAllah! You claim that we are cursed and the Messenger of Allah said "Ten of my companions are in paradise". So Imam Ali [as] said: This is the hadeeth of Sa'id ibn Zaid.

Edited by Ali al-Hadi
  • Advanced Member

It becomes suspicious if the only narrator of the hadeeth is the one praised. For example, at Jamal, Imam Ali [as] said to Talhah and Zubair "Did the Prophet not say 'whoever I am his master, Ali is his master'"? They said "Yes", so he said "Then why do you want to fight me?" [see: mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihain]. Dozens of the sahabah narrate "For whoever I am his master, Ali is his master", so we know Imam Ali [as] did not fabricate it.

The only ones who narrate the "ten promised paradise" hadeeth are those who are supposedly going to paradise, so it becomes suspicious. In fact, Sheikh al-Mufeed [ar] narrates in al-Kafi'ah that Imam Ali [as] rejected this hadeeth saying it was fabricated by Sa'id:

قال له طلحة : سبحان الله ! تزعم أنا ملعونون وقد قال رسول الله : عشرة من أصحابي في الجنة. فقال أمير المؤمنين - عليه السلام - : هذا حديث سعيد بن زيد

Talha said to him: SubhanAllah! You claim that we are cursed and the Messenger of Allah said "Ten of my companions are in paradise". So Imam Ali [as] said: This is the hadeeth of Sa'id ibn Zaid.

If it was not narrated by the one of the companions who were actually promised paradise would you accept it then?? I guess not. Edited by Wisdom007
  • Advanced Member

If it was not narrated by the one of the companions who were actually promised paradise would you accept it then?? I guess not.

That is just one of the issues. You would still have to explain why some of them tried to kill each other but they somehow will all end up going to jannah.

Edited by Ali al-Hadi
  • Veteran Member

Besides the questionable hadith what convinces that 10 are guaranteed paradise?  Talha and Zubair fought Imam Ali resulting in killings of hundreds of  Muslims, and all three of them will be in paradise? History testifies that any one who fought imam Ali was on the wrong path whether the Kufar of Mecca, the jews of khaibar, the wife of the prophet Ayesha or the great companion Muaviya.

Do you  believe that both murderer and the murdered both will be in paradise if they opposed each other and fought each other resulting in the killings of their own selves as well as many other Muslims?

Certainly it cannot be true, this sold argument proves that this hadith is a fabrication.

• Veteran Member

Do you  believe that both murderer and the murdered both will be in paradise if they opposed each other and fought each other resulting in the killings of their own selves as well as many other Muslims?

I would like a Sunni to respond to the above question ? 

Let me make you a new list of the 10 promised people of Paradise

1. Prophet Mohamed and his wives

2.Imam Ali and his wife

3.Imam Hussain and his brother Hassan and their son Al-Sajjad.

4.Imam Baqir and his son Imam Sadiq

5.Imam Kadhim and His son al-Redha 

6.Imam 9th and Imam 10th 

8.Imam Hassan Al askari and Imam Mahdi

9.The martyrs of Iraq, the prophets and everyone who is nice

10.Enlightened, and the shiachat crew :)

Edited by -Enlightened
  • Advanced Member

2.Imam Ali and his wife

6.Imam 9th and Imam 10th

Not all of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w)'s wives are going to Heaven.

Edited by DaBeast313
  • Advanced Member

2.Imam Ali and his wife

6.Imam 9th and Imam 10th 

Is it true that Paradise is just above Montreal? :p

• Advanced Member

Can the Sunnis tell us how can people who angered Sayyed Fatima (as) and people who fought each other be all in Paradise?

You mean how THEIR OWN books, their SAHIH books, Allah has CURSED them  on one of the top 10 ?

In SAHIH Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 53, Number 325:

Narrated 'Aisha:

(mother of the believers) After the death of Allah 's Apostle Fatima the daughter of Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her, her share of inheritance from what Allah's Apostle had left of the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting) which Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "Allah's Apostle said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (i.e. prophets) leave is Sadaqa (to be used for charity)." Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. Fatima remained alive for six months after the death of Allah's Apostle.

In SAHIH BUKHARI ( Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 61) and SAHIH MUSLIM:

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) had frequently said:

"Fatimah is a part of me. Whoever makes her angry, makes me angry."

[33:57] Those who annoy Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this World and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them a humiliating Punishment.
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Can the Sunnis tell us how can people who angered Sayyed Fatima (as) and people who fought each other be all in Paradise?

The saying of the Prophet (saw) about Sayyida Fatima (رضی الله عنها) doesn't make her infallible. The reason the Prophet (saw) made that statement was Ali (ra), who angered Sayyida Fatima. Abubakr acted upon the Sunnah of the Prophet (saw) in the matter of Fadak. And the Prophet (saw) also gets angry when someone upsets Abubakr (ra). This is mentioned Sahih Bukhari.

As for Talha, Zubayr and Ali fighting each other then they fought because they believed they were fighting for the truth. When they both were killed, Ali became very sad and in some narrations even wept for them for they were the great companions of the Prophet (saw). 

(bismillah)

What's even funnier is that the people who narrate this are suspiciously also in this list of the promised ten... and that none of them are from the Ansar and that these are all people who have had some level of conflict between each other.

في أمان الله

Shia books are full of narrations of their Imams mentioning their own qualities and status. The ten were not the only people promised Paradise by the Messenger of Allah (saw). They were many other companions as well who were promised paradise including the Ansari companions. 

The narration is also narrated by companions that are not in the list i.e. Abu Dhar (ra). 

(bismillah)

(salam)

This hadith is present in Sinan Abu Dawood & Thirmidhi by two narrators, of which both of them are included in the list.

The second point to be noted is that the first version says Saad bin Malik while the second one says Saad bin Abi Waqas. A clear difference in another person & a contradiction by the two narrators.

For more info, go to: http://www26.brinkster.com/sdolshah1/amtbc.html

(wasalam)

Saad bin Malik is Saad bin abi Waqqas. 

• Veteran Member

This has not yet been responded in the light of Quran and Sunnah which is a discredit  for Sunnis.

Prior to the demise of the prophet saww during his illness days, Abu bakr, Umar and others were ordered by the prophet to join the Army under the command of young Usama. But they disobeyed the prophet orders by not joining it and keeping them self out as per own motives. 

The details can be found at the given link

http://www.al-hadi.u...lamity/2.html#1

Quran 33:36

It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path.

وَمَا كَانَ لِمُؤْمِنٍ وَلَا مُؤْمِنَةٍ إِذَا قَضَى اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَمْرًا أَن يَكُونَ لَهُمُ الْخِيَرَةُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِمْ وَمَن يَعْصِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلَالًا مُّبِينًا

This confirms that they were fond of disobeying the prophet saww. Such disobedience of the prophet saww orders  from  a group of companions ( 1, 2 ) is quite shameful and disgusting. Also, In the light of quoted verse above they cannot  be considered as  qualified for paradise.

Regards.

• Advanced Member

Also in regards to the hadith of the ten - six of the persons were part of the consultation process for the position of 3rd caliph. Umar chose the six persons all of them whom were coincidentally part of the ten promised paradise.

Yet Umar himself said that if some people out of the six disagree with the majority decision then those that disagree should be executed. So again it would be the murdered and murderer in paradise if the ten people are indeed promised paradise. Not much of a paradise in my book!

Edited by gajarkahalva
  • Advanced Member

Also in regards to the hadith of the ten - six of the persons were part of the consultation process for the position of 3rd caliph. Umar chose the six persons all of them whom were coincidentally part of the ten promised paradise.

Yet Umar himself said that if some people out of the six disagree with the majority decision then those that disagree should be executed. So again it would be the murdered and murderer in paradise if the ten people are indeed promised paradise. Not much of a paradise in my book!

So Allah swt can't forgive a "murderer" even if he dies unrepentant

• Banned

For the sake of argument.

what if there was a person, who for example killed a Muslim in badr. Later he converted and was martyred in khandaq. So can't he go to paradise like the the one in badr.?

That's different. Entering Islam wipes away your previous sins. These people we are talking about did not repent.

• Advanced Member

(Salam)

(Bismillah)

I also find it suspicious that the narrator of all these things is al-Zuhri who is an umawi and there's evidence of nasb, such as what Ibn Abil Hadeed narrates.في أمان الله

There is strong evidence to the contrary. There are many Shia scholars who say that he wasn't a Nasibi and he loved Ali b. Al-Husayn a lot. See: Al-Khoei, Mu'jam al-Rijal). `Alī al-Kurani has a lengthy discussion about al-Zuhri, in that discussion he mentions the Ibn Abi al-Hadid narration and how it doesn't make sense, and he concludes that he loved the Ahl al-Bayt.

(Salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri