Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SuhaaRizvi

People Who Call Themselves Aalims

Rate this topic

A few months ago a family very close to us introduced us to this person who called himself an aalim. The family swore that he did some kind of ilms and m all their problems were solved. The aalim also says that he has muakkals with him who are his friends and help him.

We never believed in such nonsense, we tend to stay away. We always thought this is jaadu of some sort and is a grave sin. But our family was going through a lot of problems and we were desperate. The alim swore he is not sinful. He said he prayed, read Quran, stayed away from all sins, and he asked us that till he is doing our work we need to stay away from sins too or his muakkals will hurt him.

He said he was a very busy man. And his muakkals dont allow him to talk to people. But he spoke to us every day for at least 2 hours. To the point that the chit-chat started feeling unnecessary to me. Then he asked my sister about the boy she loved. And told her that it wont work out, he also asked her if she had ever been "alone" with him. When she refused to answer he said "i can see that you have, i wont tell your mother i promise." Later my sister told me that she had met her boyfriend alone and i forgave her but i told her these things she should never tell a stranger no matter what.

He also told my sister that he had "plans" for her. That she was a good girl at heart and he would give her some of his powers and she can heal or treat people and see his muakkals too.

My sister never liked him. She was scared of him as she felt time and again that he gets to know about things. But sometimes she felt he is lying. But she stayed away from the aalim.

After a few months the alim stopped calling. He said his muakkals are not allowing him to talk. But his phone line stayed busy. Then after a month he spoke to us and threw a rant that for our problems he did a strongest amal that hes never done in his life. and got gravely sick and almost died. He made my family feel very guilty. Then he said he cant help us. And disappeared. Every once in a while he sends us a fwd islamic sms. Thats all

What was his angle? He kept swearing for 8 months or so that he will help us. That he loves our family.

That he will make our problems and all jaadu done on us vanish even if it kills him. Instead our problems stayed. And what was all of that then?

(salam)

This guy seems really weird and it's kinda hard to see what his angle is/was. However, I would be grateful he left you guys alone for the most part. My advice to you is to keep your sister away from him and break all forms of contact with him. This is just precautionary advice, rather this guy means well or not, that maybe something only Allah (swt) knows but it's best for you to stay away.

Btw, when this guy says he is not "sinful" and stays away from "all sins" is he trying to say he is infalliable?

(wasalam)

Edited by kbsquare

its very common, its called a mental health problem. What ever this man believes is true in his own mind, however it will not extend to the real world. I bump into people like this all the time , muslim and non muslim etc.

There are plenty of such people, who look for well-to-do families, then select one or more vulnerable members of each family, who are naive or have obvious problems. These aalims then work in such a way that their 'targets' are psychologically manipulated and start to believe that this aalim can do wonders and alleviate their problems. The aalim in turn gets money regularly from them in lieu of amulets, alms to cast off evils, charms, niyaz and what not. In your case, he could not find such a weak family member, as you say that your sister did not like or believe that guy. Whatever it was, you should be tanking Allah Almighty that the 'aalim' could not gain entry into your household as he would like to. 

On 08/08/2014 at 10:55 AM, SuhaaRizvi said:

A few months ago a family very close to us introduced us to this person who called himself an aalim. The family swore that he did some kind of ilms and m all their problems were solved. The aalim also says that he has muakkals with him who are his friends and help him.

We never believed in such nonsense, we tend to stay away. We always thought this is jaadu of some sort and is a grave sin. But our family was going through a lot of problems and we were desperate. The alim swore he is not sinful. He said he prayed, read Quran, stayed away from all sins, and he asked us that till he is doing our work we need to stay away from sins too or his muakkals will hurt him.

He said he was a very busy man. And his muakkals dont allow him to talk to people. But he spoke to us every day for at least 2 hours. To the point that the chit-chat started feeling unnecessary to me. Then he asked my sister about the boy she loved. And told her that it wont work out, he also asked her if she had ever been "alone" with him. When she refused to answer he said "i can see that you have, i wont tell your mother i promise." Later my sister told me that she had met her boyfriend alone and i forgave her but i told her these things she should never tell a stranger no matter what.

He also told my sister that he had "plans" for her. That she was a good girl at heart and he would give her some of his powers and she can heal or treat people and see his muakkals too.

My sister never liked him. She was scared of him as she felt time and again that he gets to know about things. But sometimes she felt he is lying. But she stayed away from the aalim.

After a few months the alim stopped calling. He said his muakkals are not allowing him to talk. But his phone line stayed busy. Then after a month he spoke to us and threw a rant that for our problems he did a strongest amal that hes never done in his life. and got gravely sick and almost died. He made my family feel very guilty. Then he said he cant help us. And disappeared. Every once in a while he sends us a fwd islamic sms. Thats all

What was his angle? He kept swearing for 8 months or so that he will help us. That he loves our family.

That he will make our problems and all jaadu done on us vanish even if it kills him. Instead our problems stayed. And what was all of that then?

Edited by Haps
Error. New user