Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Which Marja Do You Follow?

Rate this topic


revertdundee

Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

I don't follow only one special marja, I usually read few marja's opinion and then I choose the one I find closer to the logic.

Those maraaje that I read their opinions: 

Seyyed Sadiq Shirazi

Ayatollah Sistani

Mohammad Taghi Behjat

Edited by Golden-crowned
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Golden-crowned said:

I don't follow only one special marja, I usually read few marja's opinion and then I choose the one I find closer to the logic.

Those maraaje that I read their opinions: 

Seyyed Sadiq Shirazi

Ayatollah Sistani

Mohammad Taghi Behjat

As I understood you are saying that your Aghl (reason) is upper than those maraje, because none of them allow such a following and you allow yourself to do this, which means....!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, hadi313 said:

As I understood you are saying that your Aghl (reason) is upper than those maraje, because none of them allow such a following and you allow yourself to do this, which means....!

Yes. You understood what I mean. And you are wrong,  these maraaje didn't ban followers from choosing the best answer of their questions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, Golden-crowned said:

Yes. You understood what I mean. And you are wrong,  these maraaje didn't ban followers from choosing the best answer of their questions. 

That was an Innocent comment, but Can you prove it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, hadi313 said:

That was an Innocent comment, but Can you prove it? 

Prove what? 

You tell me where did you see that marja says: if you follow me as a marja you have no right to change your marja? 

I have right to Change my Marja many times.  it is not something against Islamic law! Is it? 

By the way,even if a marja says that followers are banned from changing marja,  is this Fatwa based on ahadith?  

Which hadith says that we should only have one marja??

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
40 minutes ago, Golden-crowned said:

Prove what? 

You tell me where did you see that marja says: if you follow me as a marja you have no right to change your marja? 

I have right to Change my Marja many times.  it is not something against Islamic law! Is it? 

By the way,even if a marja says that followers are banned from changing marja,  is this Fatwa based on ahadith?  

Which hadith says that we should only have one marja??

 

Prove that idea when you chosed one of maraje you can follow another one in the same time and you allowed to chose between their ideas one that you like more.

Maraje say that you have to follow most knowledgeable person and you have not to follow others, then if you understand during your taghlid another one is Aalam you have to follow him and not the previous one.

There are two more ways to follow Islamic rule: Ehtiat and Ejtihad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

I follow Sheikh Wahid Khorasani. :verryhappy:

1 hour ago, Aftahb said:

 If you really follow a marja you would send him your dime.

And then what? How much of the millions (if not billions) of dollars that are being sent to maraji' are actually being spent on those who need it? Where exactly is all of that money going? I'd rather go out and pay sadaqa directly to the poor, or those in need, than to send it to an Islamic scholar that likely does not even manage incoming donations directly. Also, money is not the only way to prove your loyalty to someone/something.

A marji' is "followed" for islamic rulings - he is literally there to research any ambiguous islamic rulings that cannot be determined from the Quran or well-known ahadith and require further research. I can follow a marji' and still choose not to like his aqeeda, or him personally. A marji' is still human (albeit a well-learned human that has spent years researching ahadith) that is capable of making mistakes. People really need to stop putting them on so high a pedestal that they cannot be questioned or doubted. Or, in this case, you need to stop assuming that we have an obligation to pay our marji' just because we decided their opinion was most agreeable.  

"Real followers do so much in practice. Also there are many other things, which i cannot discuss." 
Real followers of whom? The Imams or the maraji'?

Edited by yafatimaalzahra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

wsalam these marjah topics always lead to some form of drama don't they ? The OP asked a simple question which 'marjah' do we follow? , and I'm pretty sure the OP never intended for us to put on our boxing gloves and start exchanging blows , so just chill out for Gods sake ......

Edited by sharinganMahdi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

^ No one's exchanging blows. It's just a widespread issue that really needs to be addressed. People are starting to treat maraji' as infallible beings that cannot be spoken of or even mentioned without a whole ten-word praise before their name. It'd be nice to see someone actually saying: "Al-Imam Al-Atham Al-muqadas Al... Ali (may Allah shower his rooh with blessings)" as opposed to "Al-etc. some-random-marji'". Perhaps a new thread will keep the blows elsewhere; but as laziness prevails, I'll get to that later. Also, I'm pretty sure all topics lead to some form of drama on ShiaChat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Aftahb said:

Do you really follow? If you really follow a marja you would send him your dime. But most of you, do not. So what is there to be so proud of? Real followers do so much in practice. Also there are many other things, which i cannot discuss. 

 

Bro no offence but how do you know who pays khums and who doesn't?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

 

Bro no offence but how do you know who pays khums and who doesn't?

sorry bro, i mean a lot of people and even then i don't think there is any public record available for me to be able to share with you. :cry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, yafatimaalzahra said:

I follow Sheikh Wahid Khorasani. :verryhappy:

And then what? How much of the millions (if not billions) of dollars that are being sent to maraji' are actually being spent on those who need it? Where exactly is all of that money going? I'd rather go out and pay sadaqa directly to the poor, or those in need, than to send it to an Islamic scholar that likely does not even manage incoming donations directly. Also, money is not the only way to prove your loyalty to someone/something.

A marji' is "followed" for islamic rulings - he is literally there to research any ambiguous islamic rulings that cannot be determined from the Quran or well-known ahadith and require further research. I can follow a marji' and still choose not to like his aqeeda, or him personally. A marji' is still human (albeit a well-learned human that has spent years researching ahadith) that is capable of making mistakes. People really need to stop putting them on so high a pedestal that they cannot be questioned or doubted. Or, in this case, you need to stop assuming that we have an obligation to pay our marji' just because we decided their opinion was most agreeable.  

"Real followers do so much in practice. Also there are many other things, which i cannot discuss." 
Real followers of whom? The Imams or the maraji'?

Good one . 

+1

Edited by Golden-crowned
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, yafatimaalzahra said:

I follow Sheikh Wahid Khorasani. :verryhappy:

And then what? How much of the millions (if not billions) of dollars that are being sent to maraji' are actually being spent on those who need it? Where exactly is all of that money going? I'd rather go out and pay sadaqa directly to the poor, or those in need, than to send it to an Islamic scholar that likely does not even manage incoming donations directly. Also, money is not the only way to prove your loyalty to someone/something.

A marji' is "followed" for islamic rulings - he is literally there to research any ambiguous islamic rulings that cannot be determined from the Quran or well-known ahadith and require further research. I can follow a marji' and still choose not to like his aqeeda, or him personally. A marji' is still human (albeit a well-learned human that has spent years researching ahadith) that is capable of making mistakes. People really need to stop putting them on so high a pedestal that they cannot be questioned or doubted. Or, in this case, you need to stop assuming that we have an obligation to pay our marji' just because we decided their opinion was most agreeable.  

"Real followers do so much in practice. Also there are many other things, which i cannot discuss." 
Real followers of whom? The Imams or the maraji'?

Yafatimazehea, gosh you went so far lol. Following a maraja does not mean to agree in his decisions which your heart is not inclined to accept. Maraja themselves say that if you do not agree on one decision of Maraja you can choose to opt for that problem from another Maraja.  Secondly,  you say that why should you give khums to ulemas really if you think this than I tell you that Imam Ali a.s dislikes it. Imam Ali a.s was once asked why are ulemas so poor. Imam replied that because ignorant do not understand their value and help them. A Maraja spends his life in books to help you inform about the message of our Imams and they are so pious that if you give them khums. They will give away most of it for a causr of islam and among needy because Allah (SWT ) has made ther hearts fear from His anger. Imam Mehdi a.s is our real leader, these ulemas are their ambassadors if you help them to revive message of our Imams, Imam will help you. Otherwise, Imam Mehdi a.s will leave you as you left his message. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Danish14 said:

Following a maraja does not mean to agree in his decisions which your heart is not inclined to accept.

Not sure what part of my post lead you to believe otherwise but I agree. I meant that I could still follow a marji' for his islamic ruling and not like him as a person or not like his aqeedah. i.e. I personally do not agree with certain behaviours of some maraji' that choose to say (ra) after the names of the enemies of Ahlulbayt but I will not stop following a marji' simply because of this, because idealistically, his personal preference to speak kindly of the la'eens should not affect his ability to inform us of certain islamic rulings based on his research of ahadith. I hope this clears up what I meant to say. 

2 hours ago, Danish14 said:

Secondly,  you say that why should you give khums to ulemas really if you think this than I tell you that Imam Ali a.s dislikes it

Could you please provide a reference to back up this statement. 

2 hours ago, Danish14 said:

Imam Ali a.s was once asked why are ulemas so poor. Imam replied that because ignorant do not understand their value and help them.

I assure you, no marji' in todays world is poor, in any sense of the word. If I happen to be mistaken, however, feel free to correct me by providing me with names of maraji' that are in fact poor. Note that even though most maraji' prefer to live in small homes and follow the example of Alhlulbayt (as) by not indulging in materialistic objects, it does not necessarily prove they are poor financially. Some definitions of poor, based on dictionary.com, are: "having little or no money, goods,  or other means of support" and "characterised by or showing poverty". I'm pretty certain no marji' is lacking in goods or welfare because they have no means of support or are living in poverty. 

In addition to this, millions of people pay khumus to the maraji' so I do not quite understand the point of the narration that you have mentioned. I may have made a personal decision to not send my money to the maraji' but that does not mean that they are not receiving help from anyone else. 

2 hours ago, Danish14 said:

A Maraja spends his life in books to help you inform about the message of our Imams and they are so pious that if you give them khums. They will give away most of it for a causr of islam and among needy because Allah (SWT ) has made ther hearts fear from His anger. Imam Mehdi a.s is our real leader, these ulemas are their ambassadors if you help them to revive message of our Imams, Imam will help you. Otherwise, Imam Mehdi a.s will leave you as you left his message.

Is there are any proof to this? Look at those suffering from poverty in Iraq for example. How many of them are actually being supported by the maraji'? As a matter of fact, how many maraji' are actually giving any money to the poor or doing anything with it at all? I realise that some maraji' do make a small effort but in my humble opinion, their efforts are not enough. With all of the money that is going towards the maraji' annually, you would expect to see a lot less poverty in the countries that they reside in. Again, if you happen to know of any charities that are being run by maraji' that I am not aware of (or any recorded financial assistance from the maraji'), please do share your sources and help shed a positive light on this situation. 

As for Allah(swt) making "their hearts fear from His anger" - there is no proof of this. The maraji' are humans. A human is capable of fearing Allah(swt), yes, but they are also capable of not fearing Allah. Just because the maraji' appear to be more pious than others due to the amount of years they have devoted to becoming as learned as they are, does not mean that they are more pious than an uneducated farmer that has no knowledge about Islam other than the mere basics for instance. It is likely that they are extremely more pious than others because they are more educated about the religion, however they remain humans that are capable of mistakes and, shocker, not fearing Allah(swt). 

The maraji' are self-appointed ambassadors of the Imam(aaf). As far as I'm aware, the Imam(aaf) did not personally appoint them as his ambassadors. Choosing NOT to provide them with any financial support does not mean I have left the Imams message. The maraji' and the Imam are not one and the same. I can decide to dislike the maraji' and still love my Imam and I can decide to disagree with the system that is currently in place and still support the Imam. You having a different opinion than me on this issue does not make my opinion any less viable/acceptable (logically). 

 

On a related note, I would also like to point out that the maraji' are scholars. They are not infallible beings. Yes, I realise I have repeated this several times and it is an obvious fact but it seems that while facts are known they are not always understood or considered thoroughly. I like to liken the maraji' to any other scholars - be it scholars of the natural sciences or history scholars. I do not believe that what drives them to research our religion is their piety but more-so their hunger for knowledge, which is admirable. If they did not have a strong interest in Islam and a strong desire to learn more, then they would not have become maraji' just as Einstein would not have become an established scientist if he had not had the inherent desire to understand the world around him. I also do not think that any marji' is inherently evil or ill-intentioned, but it is a fact that they sometimes make mistakes in judgement (otherwise, if all maraji' were right about everything, there would be no contradictory fatwa's in which they differ in opinion). This is expectable as they are only human and are very capable of making mistakes - sometimes minor mistakes, other times drastic. For this reason, I believe it is important to be able to analyse the rulings that are made by the maraji' - to take into account any contradictory fatwas and have an open-mind when it comes to refuting them. If we were to blindly follow any human, as learned and dedicated as they may be, then we could only expect to decline as a society. Challenge is good as it helps ensure that what is being brought forth is actually reliable and accurate. And while we obviously cannot challenge Allah(swt) or Ahlulbayt(as) - we are definitely allowed to challenge the maraji', favourably only when we can actually discuss extensive islamic matters with them but regardless, disagreeing with a marji' is not prohibited or haram. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yafatimaalzahra said:

Not sure what part of my post lead you to believe otherwise but I agree. I meant that I could still follow a marji' for his islamic ruling and not like him as a person or not like his aqeedah. i.e. I personally do not agree with certain behaviours of some maraji' that choose to say (ra) after the names of the enemies of Ahlulbayt but I will not stop following a marji' simply because of this, because idealistically, his personal preference to speak kindly of the la'eens should not affect his ability to inform us of certain islamic rulings based on his research of ahadith. I hope this clears up what I meant to say. 

Could you please provide a reference to back up this statement. 

I assure you, no marji' in todays world is poor, in any sense of the word. If I happen to be mistaken, however, feel free to correct me by providing me with names of maraji' that are in fact poor. Note that even though most maraji' prefer to live in small homes and follow the example of Alhlulbayt (as) by not indulging in materialistic objects, it does not necessarily prove they are poor financially. Some definitions of poor, based on dictionary.com, are: "having little or no money, goods,  or other means of support" and "characterised by or showing poverty". I'm pretty certain no marji' is lacking in goods or welfare because they have no means of support or are living in poverty. 

In addition to this, millions of people pay khumus to the maraji' so I do not quite understand the point of the narration that you have mentioned. I may have made a personal decision to not send my money to the maraji' but that does not mean that they are not receiving help from anyone else. 

Is there are any proof to this? Look at those suffering from poverty in Iraq for example. How many of them are actually being supported by the maraji'? As a matter of fact, how many maraji' are actually giving any money to the poor or doing anything with it at all? I realise that some maraji' do make a small effort but in my humble opinion, their efforts are not enough. With all of the money that is going towards the maraji' annually, you would expect to see a lot less poverty in the countries that they reside in. Again, if you happen to know of any charities that are being run by maraji' that I am not aware of (or any recorded financial assistance from the maraji'), please do share your sources and help shed a positive light on this situation. 

As for Allah(swt) making "their hearts fear from His anger" - there is no proof of this. The maraji' are humans. A human is capable of fearing Allah(swt), yes, but they are also capable of not fearing Allah. Just because the maraji' appear to be more pious than others due to the amount of years they have devoted to becoming as learned as they are, does not mean that they are more pious than an uneducated farmer that has no knowledge about Islam other than the mere basics for instance. It is likely that they are extremely more pious than others because they are more educated about the religion, however they remain humans that are capable of mistakes and, shocker, not fearing Allah(swt). 

The maraji' are self-appointed ambassadors of the Imam(aaf). As far as I'm aware, the Imam(aaf) did not personally appoint them as his ambassadors. Choosing NOT to provide them with any financial support does not mean I have left the Imams message. The maraji' and the Imam are not one and the same. I can decide to dislike the maraji' and still love my Imam and I can decide to disagree with the system that is currently in place and still support the Imam. You having a different opinion than me on this issue does not make my opinion any less viable/acceptable (logically). 

 

On a related note, I would also like to point out that the maraji' are scholars. They are not infallible beings. Yes, I realise I have repeated this several times and it is an obvious fact but it seems that while facts are known they are not always understood or considered thoroughly. I like to liken the maraji' to any other scholars - be it scholars of the natural sciences or history scholars. I do not believe that what drives them to research our religion is their piety but more-so their hunger for knowledge, which is admirable. If they did not have a strong interest in Islam and a strong desire to learn more, then they would not have become maraji' just as Einstein would not have become an established scientist if he had not had the inherent desire to understand the world around him. I also do not think that any marji' is inherently evil or ill-intentioned, but it is a fact that they sometimes make mistakes in judgement (otherwise, if all maraji' were right about everything, there would be no contradictory fatwa's in which they differ in opinion). This is expectable as they are only human and are very capable of making mistakes - sometimes minor mistakes, other times drastic. For this reason, I believe it is important to be able to analyse the rulings that are made by the maraji' - to take into account any contradictory fatwas and have an open-mind when it comes to refuting them. If we were to blindly follow any human, as learned and dedicated as they may be, then we could only expect to decline as a society. Challenge is good as it helps ensure that what is being brought forth is actually reliable and accurate. And while we obviously cannot challenge Allah(swt) or Ahlulbayt(as) - we are definitely allowed to challenge the maraji', favourably only when we can actually discuss extensive islamic matters with them but regardless, disagreeing with a marji' is not prohibited or haram. 

It was huge Masha-Allah you are a good orator. Let me ask you that have you went through the minds of marajas to understand why they call r.a to some of people who are considered Ashab by other sect and we don't consider them Ashab. You aren't aware about what reason lie behind it but I understand and I don't think it appropriate to discuss with you because you seem much emotionally driven girl because emotions brings haste and haste brings destruction but remember that they do it for they are asked by our 12 imams to maintain peace otherwise they do not agree to their injustices. It is not always right to show disagreement by hurting others. Secondly, what marajas get money as a help is a religious binding upon Muslims so that websites could be run, Hauzas shall impart free education and religious delegations could be sent far and wide across the world. Marajas may have money from khums but they aren't spending it by making castles. May be they retain a small portion of it for their livings but you must know that conscience of an Alim is much responsible than an ordinary individual because they know that one mistake of an scholar will be forgiven after 70 ignorants. Marajas are responsible for educating masses and poverty is a government obligation to remove.  Every one has his job to do.  Do not intermix responsibilities. 

Edited by Danish14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Danish14 said:

Let me ask you that have you went through the minds of marajas to understand why they call r.a to some of people who are considered Ashab by other sect and we don't consider them Ashab.

Nah, don't need to go through their minds to disagree with them for doing it - regardless of their reasons. I am allowed to disagree with someone aren't I, or is freedom of speech/thought only a myth? 

1 hour ago, Danish14 said:

I don't think it appropriate to discuss with you because you seem much emotionally driven girl because emotions brings haste and haste brings destruction

Lulz, this is why I don't debate with men with superiority complexes that only ever resort to the "women are emotionally driven" excuse when they have nothing consequential to add to a discussion (wonder if you would've brought up my gender if it wasn't listed on my profile). Stereotypes can be also be applied to men but hey what would I know, I'm just an emotionally driven girl and can't really debate as well as you - you know with sources to back up the narrations I keep mentioning. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Danish14 said:

It is not always right to show disagreement by hurting others.

I did not intend to hurt you but if I have then I do apologise. But if I may ask, what exactly is it that hurt you? I don't recall insulting you personally. 

1 hour ago, Danish14 said:

Secondly, what marajas get money as a help is a religious binding upon Muslims so that websites could be run, Hauzas shall impart free education and religious delegations could be sent far and wide across the world. Marajas may have money from khums but they aren't spending it by making castles. May be they retain a small portion of it for their livings but you must know that conscience of an Alim is much responsible than an ordinary individual because they know that one mistake of an scholar will be forgiven after 70 ignorants. Marajas are responsible for educating masses and poverty is a government obligation to remove.  Every one has his job to do.  Do not intermix responsibilities.

While this is all great and well, I still feel there is a lot more money that is not being used for good. Although, I don't exactly have proof of this myself so I could very well be mistaken. While poverty may be something that the government should work on, I still believe it is a marji's obligation to help the Shia that are in dire need of basic things for survival such as clean water and food.

Edited by yafatimaalzahra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, yafatimaalzahra said:

^ No one's exchanging blows. It's just a widespread issue that really needs to be addressed. People are starting to treat maraji' as infallible beings that cannot be spoken of or even mentioned without a whole ten-word praise before their name. It'd be nice to see someone actually saying: "Al-Imam Al-Atham Al-muqadas Al... Ali (may Allah shower his rooh with blessings)" as opposed to "Al-etc. some-random-marji'". Perhaps a new thread will keep the blows elsewhere; but as laziness prevails, I'll get to that later. Also, I'm pretty sure all topics lead to some form of drama on ShiaChat. 

wsalam , and my point is that we should stay on topic ( in regards to OP question) if you want to debate/discuss about khums and people who put maraji on high pedestals , I suggest we make a separate thread for that :) , I hope I didn't upset you or trigger your anger with my comment it was never my intention , may you forgive me if I have , may peace and blessings be with all of you , in the name of Muhammad and his pure progeny :ws:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
19 minutes ago, sharinganMahdi said:

I suggest we make a separate thread for that

 

19 minutes ago, sharinganMahdi said:

I hope I didn't upset you or trigger your anger with my comment

No, you're absolutely right. I'm currently supposed to be studying for an exam (but clearly procrastinating instead :P) but inshAllah when I'm free I'll start a separate thread. In which case, if someone else would like to reply to what I've said please feel free to start the separate thread (can you quote someone from this thread to a different one?).

Or, if any mods have some spare time and can transfer the comments related to the discussion I've started into a new thread, please do so!

Edited by yafatimaalzahra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, yafatimaalzahra said:

Nah, don't need to go through their minds to disagree with them for doing it - regardless of their reasons. I am allowed to disagree with someone aren't I, or is freedom of speech/thought only a myth? 

Lulz, this is why I don't debate with men with superiority complexes that only ever resort to the "women are emotionally driven" excuse when they have nothing consequential to add to a discussion (wonder if you would've brought up my gender if it wasn't listed on my profile). Stereotypes can be also be applied to men but hey what would I know, I'm just an emotionally driven girl and can't really debate as well as you - you know with sources to back up the narrations I keep mentioning. :rolleyes:

I did not intend to hurt you but if I have then I do apologise. But if I may ask, what exactly is it that hurt you? I don't recall insulting you personally. 

While this is all great and well, I still feel there is a lot more money that is not being used for good. Although, I don't exactly have proof of this myself so I could very well be mistaken. While poverty may be something that the government should work on, I still believe it is a marji's obligation to help the Shia that are in dire need of basic things for survival such as clean water and food.

Lol, I am not discriminating gender, I am telling something which you do not understand and that is women's love contains more emotions than men that is why I think that woman shall be in army too. Really, no one wins if woman is by your side to emotionally back you up. and if that woman be Muslim there is no case you gonna lose battle. But, you must know that sometimes emotions are proves to be destructive particularly for Muslim community. I do not say that you hurt me., I meant to say that even if we have disagreement with the leaders of our sunni brothers we must not hurt them by abusing or calling name of their leaders that is what our Imam Ali a.s said that do not call bad names to the idol of unbeliever because they call bad to your Imam. It was a quote by Imam Ali a.s for infidels not for those who are Muslims and Imam Reza a.s said that Every person who believes in Allah and Prophet (PBUHHP) is a Muslim but for being Momin accepting Ali as successor is binding condition. So, why shall we infuse instability among Muslims even though we know that we can avoid it. I am of the view that I do disagree with them and I protest against their injustices which they did against Syeda Zehra a.s or Imam Ali a.s but my stance will be that of Imam Ali a.s who opposed them in their lives but did not call names. Syeda Zehra a.s never liked to talked to them who snatched her Garden from them but she a.s never abused. So, I will follow Imam Ali a.s and syeda Zehra a.s that is never to accept their injustices and do part ways from them. And, I think this will not be wronged for anyone who questions my faith. Lastly, for elminating poverty there is system of Zakat which is meant to be managed by government. Marajas are doing everything possible to remove poverty in their domain but since you are not with them you do not have idea. And, besides why are you saying that marajas shall do government's duty, why are you keeping such governments if you do not have faith in them  ?

Edited by Danish14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, yafatimaalzahra said:

I follow Sheikh Wahid Khorasani. :verryhappy:

And then what? How much of the millions (if not billions) of dollars that are being sent to maraji' are actually being spent on those who need it? Where exactly is all of that money going? I'd rather go out and pay sadaqa directly to the poor, or those in need, than to send it to an Islamic scholar that likely does not even manage incoming donations directly. Also, money is not the only way to prove your loyalty to someone/something.

A marji' is "followed" for islamic rulings - he is literally there to research any ambiguous islamic rulings that cannot be determined from the Quran or well-known ahadith and require further research. I can follow a marji' and still choose not to like his aqeeda, or him personally. A marji' is still human (albeit a well-learned human that has spent years researching ahadith) that is capable of making mistakes. People really need to stop putting them on so high a pedestal that they cannot be questioned or doubted. Or, in this case, you need to stop assuming that we have an obligation to pay our marji' just because we decided their opinion was most agreeable.  

"Real followers do so much in practice. Also there are many other things, which i cannot discuss." 
Real followers of whom? The Imams or the maraji'?

dear, it is never about what you prefer and what you see as good. It is always about rules under usooli system. Your money matters if you are under usooli system. 

http://www.islamic-laws.com/khums.htm

here are the conditions on khums by As-Samahat al-Marje' Sheikh Husain Wahid Khorasani (HA)

Islamic Laws: by As-Samahat al-Marje' Sheikh Husain Wahid Khorasani - link

 

 

Edited by Aftahb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I follow Sayyed Kamal Haydari [ha] because he has interesting, wise thoughts that no mind of our time could think of, and his works are wonderful!
A example of his wisdom and knowledge:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...