Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Are Iraqis So Merciful?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

It just boils my blood when I hear Iraqi soldiers proud to deliver ISIS soldiers as prisoners or how they even respect, protect and even listen to them? Rarely do we see videos or hear that Iraqi soldiers execute terrorists (preferably with knife) instead they capture them and don't allow anyone to hit them and then deliver them to prisons only to be released by ISIS 2.0. 

• Advanced Member

i agree with poster , to the rest: wat compassion are you talking about? these are filthy animals that kill inoccent people, wats left to show mercy for? even the IDF didnt kill off the lebanese in their dungeons wen the south was liberated.

they need to die, period!

• Advanced Member

A responsible government needs to be seen as respecting international law.

Since the Iraqi government has not presented them as mercenaries (people who receive payment in order to carry out terrorism), they have certain rights.

Furthermore, they usually provide more info alive rather than dead.

It's that simple.

• Advanced Member

Lot of these ISIS have been brainwashed and don't deserve to be slaughtered. Sometimes showing compassion rather than aggression can win hearts and mind…..

They are ruthless and brainwashed to such an extent that they they cannot be reverted to normal human beings. They are like roaches, leave it alive and it will lay 100s of eggs (beware dont Google roaches laying eggs, *shudder*)

A responsible government needs to be seen as respecting international law.

Since the Iraqi government has not presented them as mercenaries (people who receive payment in order to carry out terrorism), they have certain rights.

Furthermore, they usually provide more info alive rather than dead.

It's that simple.

1. Astaghfirullah, only when we are dealing with murderers then we should be responsible but corruption is not something that has to be dealt with rightfully, which is zero tolerance. We overlook international law when a prime minister is chosen by the people is forced to leave because the minority said so, last time i checked America brought democracy which works exactly oppositely to what happened.

2. Excuse me but fighting in return of the houses of people, their wealth and their daughters. Is that not payment? These filth have no rights, Islamically, legally you name it.

3. Very well. But that shouldn't stop the army from killing them... although it might make the Isis scum reluctant to answer any interrogation questions.

It is psychological warfare more than anything else. isis need to be afraid, which they are not. So yes, to a certain extent executions of these scumbags need to be carried out.

I agree, but as I said earlier in this reply, they might become unwilling to answer as they know their fate. .. Edited by Ibrahim_A
  • Advanced Member

I agree. The fact that ISIS still exists is incomprehensible to me. What happened to that jihad everyone was going to wage against them?!

and LOL at Iraqi government being a "responsible" one LOLLL. OH WHAT A GOVERNMENT!

You can't give someone an AK-47 and say go rid Iraq of this threat. They need training, discipline and most of them have only held and shot a gun when it was Eid-al-fitr and they shoot in the sky which is more than 50% of the things you can aim at. Btw with corrupt policiticians who jeopardize the government  it won't look good.

• Advanced Member

This is because Iraq carries the light of civilization. The land of Iraq is the cradle of our western & islamic civilizations & it cheers me up that despite the bad press the iraqi Army is recieving in western media outlets for supposedly harrassing sunni communities without provocation, they are operating according to the LAW & not according to the passions & feelings of men. There are negatives to having the rule of law when you want revenge but as long as the laws of Iraq are laid down satisfactory to the iraqi people justice will be done to these criminals.

It's a horrible crisis but it can also act as a bonding experience for the iraqi peoples so that they may be able to govern the land without giving a specific religious sect favours over others.

• Advanced Member

"light of civilization", "we follow international law", "we dont kill them with knives".... i dont see what these points have to do with killing these murderers???

these people grab people by the hair pull out their knives and slit their throats like sheep and then do takbeer which i find even worse then the slaughtering. and there are tons of videos of these animals if you want ill link you.

you dont think someone who does that deserve the death penalty?

• Advanced Member

"light of civilization", "we follow international law", "we dont kill them with knives".... i dont see what these points have to do with killing these murderers???

these people grab people by the hair pull out their knives and slit their throats like sheep and then do takbeer which i find even worse then the slaughtering. and there are tons of videos of these animals if you want ill link you.

you dont think someone who does that deserve the death penalty?

yes I do. My point is that it's more effectful to have the police arrest them (or military kill them if it has come to that point) & try all arrests in court & apply the punishment of Death to those proven guilty. Sending out militias only provokes a revenge attack by another militia that provokes a revenge attack by another militia etc. Instead the official institutions of the state should uphold law & order as much as possible.
  • Advanced Member

What determines how these murderers are dealt with is the answer to the question: "what benefits the country and the society we're trying to build for the future?" Of course, I'm a Lebanese American, not Iraqi, but even from an observer's perspective, I'm referring to the Iraq that we aspire to see. Each approach has its pros and its cons. Slaughtering them, as they've done to the innocent, accomplishes the following:

1- It reinforces the sectarian tensions. (con)

2- It displays an Iraqi leadership and army whose decisions are governed by the (primitive) ideas of revenge and retribution. (con)

3- It can and will be used against the national leadership and will be seen as war-crimes. (con)

4- It will fail to inflict "fear" (as jaguar_knight suggested) and will actually backfire as a lousy attempt to play your opponent's game (spreading merciless brutality). (con)

5- It will not discourage any of the other fighters from committing those crimes, as they clearly lack the empathic ability to relate to the pain of a person in suffering. (zero sum)

6- It will make some portion of the enraged general population feel as though these criminals got what they deserved (this is honestly the only pro I can think of, and it's strategically meaningless in my opinion)

Treating them in accordance with national and international laws actually reverses all of the things mentioned above. This means that the only strategically insignificant "con" is that there will remain some whose desire for revenge will not be satisfied. To me, defusing sectarian tension, amd having a strategy oriented leadership who behaves in accordance with humane laws and refuses to further spread the type of barbaric cruelty these murderers are known for, FAR outweighs the few unsatisfied calls for vengeance. 

"When sectarianism controls emotions, there will be no room for a rational Shi'ite nor a rational Sunni"
-Sayyed Hassan