Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Miss Wonderful

What Happens After Death?

Rate this topic

is there a guide or written document  or hadiths saying what happens after death? Does the spirit stay on the earth for forty days? Or they face punishment of the grave? Or do they go directly to barzakh  and wait till judgement day or does the grave become wide if they did good deeds and it becomes comfortable? also can the deceased see other family members that are deceased at barzakh. 

On 8/4/2014 at 6:49 AM, Miss Wonderful said:

is there a guide or written document  or hadiths saying what happens after death? Does the spirit stay on the earth for forty days? Or they face punishment of the grave? Or do they go directly to barzakh  and wait till judgement day or does the grave become wide if they did good deeds and it becomes comfortable? also can the deceased see other family members that are deceased at barzakh. 

I was sitting in the examination hall Fluid Mechanics paper in my hand and i know that i will not be able to answer a single question, i was sweating profusely, desperately trying to solve a numerical, it seems to me that i forgot everything and then suddenly i woke up. It was so real that it took few seconds to realize that i am sleeping in my bed comfortably and it was only a dream. 
Then i laughed aloud.
That is what will happen after death.

5 hours ago, 7ssein said:

Read "Journey to the Unseen World" by Ayatullah Najafi Quchani. It almost takes you on a tour after you're put in the grave. Really scary stuff.

This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief

As salaamun aleikum,

these are great qzffxc, uestions. The scholar i listen to says the siratal mustaqeem is not some place in the futurc  b e after we die, rather, it is here and now, and based on each choice we make in our moment to moment life. By our choices we are either accepting Allahsسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى wilaya and submitting to Him or we are going against it by sinning. The questioning of the angels happens NOW, when we make our choices moment to moment. Did we make them for Allahs sake and in Allahs way, or were they selfish, sinfull and otherwise?

People put religion on credit and think all those things will happen "someday" in some "other"place, when in actuality, we are building our spiritual barzakhi body right now. We are multidimensional beings, except most of us do not realize this til we die. For now, most  are veiled to this reality.

When we "devour the inheritance of orphans unjustly", the Quran says we are ingesting fire into our bellies, but we dont notice it here in this realm..we may still suffer consequences here as its better to suffer consequences here where the extent of the suffering is limited, but in barzakh, its just like the OP mentioned about the dream...except in a dream, we wake up and "escape" or are saved and relieved of whatever it was that was scaring and torturing us. The same goes for any joy we are experiencing in our dreams, but it comes to an end upon awakening...In barzakj,we dont wake up to escape whatever it was that was terrifying and torturing us... Barzakh is a place where feelings of both good and bad are amplified. Whatever is not rectified while here through setting things right, just actions and seeking the forgiveness of Allah, these sins will manifest in barzakh. The squeezing of the grave and tajessamul aamal (embodiment of our actions) will cause us suffering in barzakh, but it acts as a purification for us so we eventually will be purified enough to enter Jannah. In Jannah, there will be no vain talk, for example, so if a person was a backbiter of others and always talked nonsense, rubbish and just ran their mouths, barzakh will remove this impurity for them making, therefore making them pure of speech spiritually and their soul wilm be co.latible with the realm of Jannah. 

There are many other examples i can give, but im on myvway out the door atm.

There are lots of things each of us needs to be purified of before we can even think of entering Jannah, all the bad traits and characteristics that are embodied in us in this dunya, like lust, gluttony, lieing, stealing, dirtiness,anger, cheating, being of nasty character, miserliness..if we dont purify of them now in this world and we die with them, the negative effect these engrained behaviors have had on us spiritually will manifest in us upon death, starting with with the squeezing of the grave, then as our experiences in barzakh.

W/s

On the day of judgment, after being questioned individually we'll all be gathered in different groups. 

If there is a group of disbelievers, they'll enter hell together, whereas a group of righteous individuals will enter jannah together.

Honestly, it's something which absolutely scares me thinking what group I'm gonna end up with. Do I really think Imam Mahdi (as) would consider me his true follower? Can I say that I really know the Imam (as) of my time?

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

1 hour ago, shia farm girl said:

As salaamun aleikum,

these are great qzffxc, uestions. The scholar i listen to says the siratal mustaqeem is not some place in the futurc  b e after we die, rather, it is here and now, and based on each choice we make in our moment to moment life. By our choices we are either accepting Allahsسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى wilaya and submitting to Him or we are going against it by sinning. The questioning of the angels happens NOW, when we make our choices moment to moment. Did we make them for Allahs sake and in Allahs way, or were they selfish, sinfull and otherwise?

People put religion on credit and think all those things will happen "someday" in some "other"place, when in actuality, we are building our spiritual barzakhi body right now. We are multidimensional beings, except most of us do not realize this til we die. For now, most  are veiled to this reality.

When we "devour the inheritance of orphans unjustly", the Quran says we are ingesting fire into our bellies, but we dont notice it here in this realm..we may still suffer consequences here as its better to suffer consequences here where the extent of the suffering is limited, but in barzakh, its just like the OP mentioned about the dream...except in a dream, we wake up and "escape" or are saved and relieved of whatever it was that was scaring and torturing us. The same goes for any joy we are experiencing in our dreams, but it comes to an end upon awakening...In barzakj,we dont wake up to escape whatever it was that was terrifying and torturing us... Barzakh is a place where feelings of both good and bad are amplified. Whatever is not rectified while here through setting things right, just actions and seeking the forgiveness of Allah, these sins will manifest in barzakh. The squeezing of the grave and tajessamul aamal (embodiment of our actions) will cause us suffering in barzakh, but it acts as a purification for us so we eventually will be purified enough to enter Jannah. In Jannah, there will be no vain talk, for example, so if a person was a backbiter of others and always talked nonsense, rubbish and just ran their mouths, barzakh will remove this impurity for them making, therefore making them pure of speech spiritually and their soul wilm be co.latible with the realm of Jannah. 

There are many other examples i can give, but im on myvway out the door atm.

There are lots of things each of us needs to be purified of before we can even think of entering Jannah, all the bad traits and characteristics that are embodied in us in this dunya, like lust, gluttony, lieing, stealing, dirtiness,anger, cheating, being of nasty character, miserliness..if we dont purify of them now in this world and we die with them, the negative effect these engrained behaviors have had on us spiritually will manifest in us upon death, starting with with the squeezing of the grave, then as our experiences in barzakh.

W/s

Seeratul mustaqeem is moula Ali(as) 

doenst that make a lot of sense now? Sigh

God you’re magnificent 

Ali Mawla 

Ali Mawla

Ali Mawla 

As salaamun aleikum, yes, of course brother, Imam Ali(AS) and the other imams show us the siratal mustaqeem by being our role models and showing us which attributes and behaviors we are to incorporate into our souls and which ones we are to eradicate in order to perfect our souls, as the Imamas are known as: 

"The Perfect Man".

Simply saying and believing Imam Ali(AS) and the Ahle Bayt are the right path is not enough on its own. Our actions need to be in line with the Prophets(SAWS) and tbe imams behaviors, otherwise our souls are not compatoble with Jannah. Thats why purification here whoke i  the dunya is nevessarry, and why purification afterwards in barzakh occurs, but yes, youre eight. Imam Ali(AS) leads us to the truth.

W/s

What will happen after death? 

A simple answer to this is "Qad aflaha man zakkaha wa qad khaba man dassaha". This statement encircles everything from angels taking out our soul to barzakh to the day of judgement and even afterwards. 

I love death because the very first thing it gives is "certainty". Man can live with doubts but dies only with certainty. 

It is the moment when we continue to live after tasting the ever-lasting mercy of the Most Merciful, Allah (s.w.t).

Edited by Salsabeel

On 11/11/2018 at 3:58 AM, 7ssein said:

Read "Journey to the Unseen World" by Ayatullah Najafi Quchani. It almost takes you on a tour after you're put in the grave. Really scary stuff.

Video Call in Barzakh

One interesting part of the story is where Habib b. Muzahir, one of the companions of Imam al-Husayn (a) and Martyrs of Karbala, make a video call to the narrator of the story. The narrator says: "The phone was of the kind that shows the person while talking".

Siyahat-i Gharb and the Divine Comedy

The Divine Comedy is one of the classics of European literature and is composed by Dante. It pictures the scenes and stages of the afterlife based on Christianteachings. The book has three parts: Inferno (hell), Purgatorio (purgatory), and Paradiso (paradise). It is about an imaginary journey through these stages. On its way, the soul encounters wild beasts which represent lust, pride, and greed. The soul enters Inferno (hell) from which it is later rescued by lady Mary (a) and then enters Purgatory. It is important to know that Purgatory does not accurately equate to Barzakh in its Islamic traditional sense. However, according to Dante, passing through Purgatory is necessary for entering Paradise. There are similarities and differences between Aqa Quchani's Siyahat-i Gharb and Dane's Divine Comedy. One main similarity is that both works outline appalling pictures of vices and thus warn the readers and encourage them to do righteous deeds. Two of notable differences are:

1. The styles of the two works are different;
  2. Unlike the Divine ComedySiyahat-i Gharb makes extensive and exclusive reliance on the verses of the Qur'an and the narrations from the Prophet (s) and the Ahl al-Bayt (a).

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Siyahat-i_gharb_(book)

I agree with @Raheel Yunus, however, it is not a direct shot for us to paradise once we pass the curtain of death, as he so appropriately called it.

This idea is something that not only Muslims, but also Christians and other faiths as well believe, that upon death, we all immediately go either to Paradise or hell, and that one of those two is where everyone who has ever lived is currently residing, but Islam makes it pretty clear that there is an intermediate world that we will be in, until the trumpet blows and when we and everything else will swoon,die and will be brought back to life again, which is for Yawm al qiyama. 

This "second life" is the life we pass into (Barzakhi life) upon our death in this world.

Now, the condition of that intermediary realm is definitely dependent upon our actions, and as for everybody alive at this moment, I think it's fairly safe to say that none of us are completely free of shortcomings and negative attributes, so there will be some degree of atonement that we will all go through in this intermediary realm, as well as some rewards and reliefs we will experience, but we will not just open our spiritual eyes after death and see Jannah/Paradise, or Jahannam/hell immediately, however, due to our actions in THIS world,  barzakh will have heaven-ish and hell-ish elements to it, and we will also have to deal with familiarizing ourselves with the rules of the barzakh and get used to our new "life" there, much as we have done so here, in this realm.

It just scares me when I hear about other believers skipping the reality of the intermediary realm and jumping straight to the comforts of Jannah. We really have to be carefull of fooling ourselves as we are not infalliables. 

W/s