Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
revertdundee

New Revert From Scotland

Rate this topic

Assalam alaykum,

I have just recently reverted to Islam, and have been drawn towards practicing as a Shia Muslim. I was brought up as a catholic but have been exploring different aspects of religion for a number of years now as I just could not accept teh catholic church doctrine amongst other things.  Now in my mid thirties, I have decided that Islam is teh true religion and have now reverted to Islam.

It is a hard learning curve. learning from new basically,getting to gripd with Arabic when praying but I am getting there!

One thing,  although I will probably follow the Ithna 'ashariyyah sect, I am not sure on what branch.

On 8/3/2014 at 3:56 PM, repenter said:

Salam

Welcome brother, 

The first thing you need to do to be recognized as a Muslim is to transfer 500 dollars to my account. PM me for more info. 

:shaytan:

Enjoy your stay!

Religious extortion. ;)

Thank you for the welcome. going back to the sub sects of Ithna 'ashariyyah, would I be right in thinking  that Usuli, Akhbari, Alevism and Alawism and the main ones, with Usuli and Akhbari being the main 2 (in the United Kingdom at least) ?

I realise it is probably normal to follow the main sect in your area but what if there isn't much of a Shia community in my area, what would be the best choice in order to learn about Islam and become closer to Allah ?

Assalam alaykum,

I have just recently reverted to islam, and have been drawn towards practicing as a Shia Muslim. I was brought up as a catholic but have been exploring different aspects of religion for a number of years now as I just could not accept teh catholic church doctrine amongst other things.  Now in my mid thirties, I have decided that islam is teh true religion and have now reverted to islam.

It is a hard learning curve. learning from new basically,getting to gripd with Arabic when praying but I am getting there!

One thing,  although I will probably follow the Ithna 'ashariyyah sect, i am not sure on what branch.

Wa Alaykum al-Salam.

Most welcome to your new experience which you will enjoy the most.

Just try to have a firm and constant relation to Ahl al-Bayt who will not let you feel lonely in this journey.

May Allah bless you and your family.

Walaikumsalam wa rahmatullah!

Congratulations and a very warm welcome! May Allah bless you adundantly :D

Wow, you have amazed me. You will definitely get there  inshaAllah :) (God willing) You have a wise head on your shoulders for being drawn towards Shia Islam.When you say ithna-ashariyya, you have already selected the branch. It is the belief of the 12 leaders after the final prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him)

The beautiful thing about your previous background is that you can still love Jesus (peace be upon him and his mother) in light of Islam.

Please feel free to ask any questions you like.

stay blessed!

Edited by 786repenting

I realise it is probably normal to follow the main sect in your area but what if there isn't much of a Shia community in my area, what would be the best choice in order to learn about Islam and become closer to Allah ?

Read and ponder but do meet other Muslims as well

On 8/11/2014 at 3:32 PM, revertdundee said:

Thank you all for the welcome, I am learning more every day

We have a group supported by Imam reza shrine on what's app if you would like PM me your number and I will add you brother.