Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Azar

Bihar Al Anwar Volumes 29-31 To English

I would be very excited if these books are translated into english. Unfortunately, only very few famous books of shias have been translated into english. 

I do not know arabic, but if I knew, maybe I would have tried to translate them, because it's important to spread the sayings of the ahlul bait (as).

Is it true that these three particular volumes of Bihar are banned in Iran? Why is that?

That's what I heard. It's due to these volumes being about the first 3 caliphs and some other Sahaba and wives of the prophet. They're available online though..

Edited by Abe

(bismillah)

Those 3 volumes are not easily available in Iran. Although after some searching I was able to find them in a store in Qum around 3-4 years ago.

Salam, just wondering would anyone be interested in translating bihar al Anwar volumes 29-31 into English from Arabic or Farsi? Thanks.

Check out the below link. You can contact them

http://www.wilayatmission.org/Projects.html

Edited by muhibb-ali

Why the hell would Iran, a dominant shia country do such a thing?

They also recently shut down many Shi`a channels which they said belong to the "British agents" because they supposedly cause fitnah between Shi`as and Sunnis. Why would they do it? Probably because of all this call to "unity" between Muslims, which means they are forced to let go of their `Aqeedah to please other sects. 

(wasalam)

Edited by Abe

(salam)

If my memory serves me correct, the 3 volumes were banned long before the revolution and it was not the decision of Ayatullah Khomeini either (as sometimes it gets painted out to be). Don't quote me on this yet as I will have to recheck exactly what I read, I'll get the reference in a month or so. I read it in a book where Ayatullah Shubeyri Zanjani is discussing this, which I don't have on me at the moment.

I found someone in Qum as well who apparently has the 3 volumes and can sell them - I haven't bothered to purchase them yet though.

Wassalam

Edited by Ibn al-Hussain

(salam)

If my memory serves me correct, the 3 volumes were banned long before the revolution and it was not the decision of Ayatullah Khomeini either (as sometimes it gets painted out to be). Don't quote me on this yet as I will have to recheck exactly what I read, I'll get the reference in a month or so. I read it in a book where Ayatullah Shubeyri Zanjani is discussing this, which I don't have on me at the moment.

Wassalam

(bismillah)

Wa Alaikas Salam Wa Rahmatullah

Interesting if that is true. But then comes the question ..  shouldn't the ban be lifted after the revolution? 

Also is this an official ban which is documented somewhere?

(salam)

There is a brief explanation mentioned here (in Farsi) by Hadi Yusuf Gharavi: http://rasanews.ir/NSite/FullStory/Print/?Id=194903

It was Ayatullah Borojerdi's decision and had his approval/signature. It says that it was originally volume 8 and later parts of it were published in volume 20 (I'm assuming this is a typo and should be 29), 30 and 31. Ayatullah Zanjani mentions details about it in his book (which I referred to in my previous post) under the chapter of Ayatullah Borojerdi as well.

Wassalam

Edited by Ibn al-Hussain