Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Gaza And The Indo Pak Community In The Us

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam ,

I just wanted to make an observation about the current crisis. 

I have noticed that there is a large number of our Pakistani brothers and sisters in the U.S who are working hard to bring awareness to the issue of Gaza and the Zionist State although they are not Arab and probably have no direct connection to Gaza. I saw more Pakistani brothers at the Quds day demonstration that Arabs although the community that I live in is majority Arab. 

Are you saying Indo-Pak Shias are good for things beside introducing cultural practices into Shiaism. Gasp! who would have thunk!

Here is another movement started by the indo-pak Shias of Chicago. It has been steadily gaining momentum every year.

http://www.baqee.org/

• Advanced Member

Generally speaking as far as Pakistani shias go, the only people who seem to care about the shia genocide in Pakistan are Pakistani shias.

That isn't quite true. In India we've had protests to highlight the plight of Shias in Pakistan, Bahrain and other places. Of course, people living in Pakistan will see more support from those areas than outside of it. But at the end of the day, we Shias have each other's backs, don't we?

Br. Abu Hadi, in India too we've had protests/demonstrations to educate people about the genocide in Palestine. In fact, a lot of non Muslims have participated in such protests and some of my friends have put up skits at few places to generate interest of general public too. They'll be performing at a few colleges within the next couple of days. So, its been a steady rise in stoking up interest of people and it has generated a lot of buzz in that the anti-Israel sentiment is clearly running deeper amongst the Muslims than ever. My own (liberal) Sunni family is now hanging up boots on household products by Israeli/US companies and they've asked for my suggestions to list down local produce. Alhamdulillah. I never thought they'd turn this way! Just today, I read on my FB about an advertisement posted in a grocery store - you buy a bottle of Pepsi and you get another one absolutely free. This clearly shows they're not doing much business. This is because the restaurants association run by Muslims have decided to boycott all Israeli American products and the results are quite telling. Hopefully this continues in the distant future too.

• Veteran Member

Are you saying Indo-Pak Shias are good for things beside introducing cultural practices into Shiaism. Gasp! who would have thunk!

As if Indo-Pak Shias is the only group that introduced cultural practices into Shi'ism. . .

• Advanced Member

That isn't quite true. In India we've had protests to highlight the plight of Shias in Pakistan, Bahrain and other places. Of course, people living in Pakistan will see more support from those areas than outside of it. But at the end of the day, we Shias have each other's backs, don't we?

Br. Abu Hadi, in India too we've had protests/demonstrations to educate people about the genocide in Palestine. In fact, a lot of non Muslims have participated in such protests and some of my friends have put up skits at few places to generate interest of general public too. They'll be performing at a few colleges within the next couple of days. So, its been a steady rise in stoking up interest of people and it has generated a lot of buzz in that the anti-Israel sentiment is clearly running deeper amongst the Muslims than ever. My own (liberal) Sunni family is now hanging up boots on household products by Israeli/US companies and they've asked for my suggestions to list down local produce. Alhamdulillah. I never thought they'd turn this way! Just today, I read on my FB about an advertisement posted in a grocery store - you buy a bottle of Pepsi and you get another one absolutely free. This clearly shows they're not doing much business. This is because the restaurants association run by Muslims have decided to boycott all Israeli American products and the results are quite telling. Hopefully this continues in the distant future too.

Pepsi is Israeli? :o I've never seen it in the boycott list! Its always been cocacola that gets all the negative press about supporting Israel.

• Moderators

That is exactly what I am saying. I have to give credit where credit is due. 

I was going to respond with a really clever joke, but I don't feel like joking these days. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Veteran Member

i have a lot of friends from india who supports palestine cause.

But there is a huge support for zionist entity too.It is very rare outside Europe and America.

There are very few countries in Asia where they show public support for state of israel.