Sign in to follow this  
Ibrahim_A

Listening To Sunni Reciters

Rate this topic

''dont look at who is saying, look at what is being said '' - imam Ali 

Dont look at whether he is sunni, shia, jewish or hindu..look at what is being said

Edited by -Enlightened

Can/should I, as a Shia, listen to Sunni reciters if I like their voice?

Salamun alaykum.

Religiously speaking, it is absolutely OK.

Personally speaking I love listening to Egyptians Qaris. As for Saudi reciters, I prefer to listen to those who are not famous (or rather infamous) for their anti-Shia views.

You can. But I suggest you don't listen to those who have outright hatred against Shias. Their mouths are dirty while they recite the grace of Allah. What hypocrisy. Reminds me of the Kawarij

My favorite reciter is the Burman/Saudi born Muhamad Ayoub(my Allah guide him to the path of the Ahlulbayt). I don't like to Judge a recitor primarily based on their voice, and Ayoub doesn't have the best voice, but his Tajweed skills and his application of the Ahkam are the best I found to hear the Quran recited in the most correct way. He is also a good to use if one wanted to learn Tajweed.

My favorite reciter is the Burman/Saudi born Muhamad Ayoub(my Allah guide him to the path of the Ahlulbayt). I don't like to Judge a recitor primarily based on their voice, and Ayoub doesn't have the best voice, but his Tajweed skills and his application of the Ahkam are the best I found to hear the Quran recited in the most correct way. He is also a good to use if one wanted to learn Tajweed.

I always heard Minshawi or Abdulbasit were the best for tajweed. And either have amazing mujawwad recitations.

I have a question for you all. Suppose Yazid L.A had a beautiful Quran recitation, would you listen to him? Just wondering..

Are you comparing Yazid who's Kufr was apparent with an average ignorant and non-Imami but still Muslim recitor that the Hujjah of their Kufr has not been established yet?

I always heard Minshawi or Abdulbasit were the best for tajweed. And either have amazing mujawwad recitations.

Yes. Mishary and Abdul Basit are good as well. However I find Basit too slow and Mishary a bit too fast.

Are you comparing Yazid who's Kufr was apparent with an average ignorant and non-Imami but still Muslim recitor that the Hujjah of their Kufr has not been established yet?

I asked a simple question, nor did I compare anyone. I really doubt that many of the "sunni (wahabi?)" recitors kufr is not evident. Watch their lectures on youtube :)

I asked a simple question, nor did I compare anyone. I really doubt that many of the "sunni (wahabi?)" recitors kufr is not evident. Watch their lectures on youtube :)

Can you link some? I have yet to see any.

Can you link some? I have yet to see any.

Im not talking about anyone specifically. Im speaking in general terms. There are many sunnis who are beautiful quran reciters who do not openly have hatred for the shias.

I was expecting something more from say Abdul Basit, Mishari, Ayub ect, those, whose fisq did not become apparent.

I always wonder about these older reciters who were clean shaven. Was it not considered haram at the time? Or were they less strict about practicing? Or just progressive in general?

I really like Abul Basit Abdul Samad very much but he is very slow (Surat Al-Ikhlas by him is read in 6 minutes :o ) but I asked because I remember hearing a hadith in which an army camping the night before they were going to fight Imam Ali (a.s) had a reciter that was heard by one of Imam Ali's companions and the companion commented on how beautiful the voice was but he didn't know who's it was. The day after the battle, when they were walking past the corpses, Imam Ali (a.s) pointed to one of the dead enemy soldiers and said some along the lines of "This is the guy you were praising".

I will look through the great list of names that are mentioned in this post to try to find a (true) Shia reciter. The reason I liked Sudais/Afasy is because my Father used to play their cassettes in the car when I was little (not that he is Sunni or anything, just had those cassettes).