Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
mirza1

Can He Return Back To Islam ?

Rate this topic

Salam.

A friend of mine was born and raised as a Muslim for the first 28 years of his life but then he became started practicing idolatry by joining Hinduism. Now he is repenting and wishing to return back to Islam. But he is being discouraged by being told and cross-checked on the web that his sins won't be forgiven. That Allah does not fogive idolaters.

Can someone enlighten me on this issue please ?

Thank you.

Khuda Hafiz.

If he actually believes in Islam, then he is a Muslim. His sins are grave, but you should never lose hope in the mercy of Allah as long as you sincerely repent.

Some verses from the Qur'an on the mercy of Allah: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234998642-mercy-and-justice-of-Allah-in-the-quran/?p=2343450

Edited by Haydar Husayn

That is shirk. I have always heard, and have seen Holy Qur'aanic evidence that shirk cannot be forgiven.

Can someone shed some light or is this the correct opinion?

I think the most widespread opinion is it is not forgiven if you die upon shirk.

The following verses would indicate that even shirk can be forgiven:

Say: O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful. [39:53]

And they who do not call upon another god with Allah and do not slay the soul, which Allah has forbidden except in the requirements of justice, and (who) do not commit fornication and he who does this shall find a requital of sin; The punishment shall be doubled to him on the day of resurrection, and he shall abide therein in abasement; Except him who repents and believes and does a good deed; so these are they of whom Allah changes the evil deeds to good ones; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. [25:68-70]

Edited by Haydar Husayn

he left islam for hinduism.....

how ignorant can you be....

Maybe he was from a very secular family, and was influenced by the wrong people. What is important is that he wants to come back to Allah عز و جل

It is sad that he read people actually discouraging this:

But he is being discouraged by being told and cross-checked on the web that his sins won't be forgiven. That Allah does not fogive idolaters.

What do they expect him to do? Just keep on worshiping idols and accept that he is Hell-bound? The Qur'an speaks very negatively about those who bar others from the path of Allah عز و جل

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Allah does NOT forgive shirk:

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin most heinous indeed. -- Sura 4:48

Allah forgiveth not (the sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right). -- Sura 4:116

Allah forgives shirk (even in the same sura):

... Yet they [the Israelites] worshipped the calf even after Clear Signs had come to them; even so We forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority. -- Sura 4:153

Contradiction?

Allah does NOT forgive shirk:

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin most heinous indeed. -- Sura 4:48

Allah forgiveth not (the sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right). -- Sura 4:116Allah forgives shirk (even in the same sura):

... Yet they [the Israelites] worshipped the calf even after Clear Signs had come to them; even so We forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority. -- Sura 4:153Contradiction?

No. And I would kindly suggest that you stop derailing threads with your nonsense. Just make one thread on your issues with Islam, and leave everyone else's threads alone, unless you want to participate in them in a constructive way.

No. And I would kindly suggest that you stop derailing threads with your nonsense. Just make one thread on your issues with Islam, and leave everyone else's threads alone, unless you want to participate in them in a constructive way.

To derail a thread entails taking it off topic. My objection is entirely pertinent. The contradiction is there for you to counter or conveniently brush aside as "nonsense."

It's my right to participate in this forum how I like so long as I'm not breaking any rules. You're more than welcome to ignore my posts (which you've been doing consistently with my responses to you, anyway.)

Alhamdulillah he came back to Islam!

Who Allah (swt) guides none can misguide, and whoever Allah (swt) misguides none can guide. I can't begin to comprehend Allah's (swt) plan, but it was obvious that he was guided back to Islam through the grace and will of Allah (swt).

To derail a thread entails taking it off topic. My objection is entirely pertinent. The contradiction is there for you to counter or conveniently brush aside as "nonsense."

It's my right to participate in this forum how I like so long as I'm not breaking any rules. You're more than welcome to ignore my posts (which you've been doing consistently with my responses to you, anyway.)

It is not pertinent. The thread is about whether or not someone can be forgiven from shirk, not whether or not the Qur'an contradicts itself if you use an ultra-literalist methodology that refuses to allow for the book to speak as a whole or allow and reconciliation between verses. When someone asks a question that is clearly the asking for the Islamic view of something, they don't want a discussion about whether of not their faith makes any sense.

As for me supposedly ignoring your responses, I think I've engaged with you more than most in your various guises over my years here, but at a certain point I need to take a break from banging my head against a brick wall.

As for your question, it has been answered already if you read the previous posts carefully. Whether or not you want to accept the answer is another matter.