Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Waking Up To Voice Of Imam Mehdi As?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

May peace and blessings be upon you and your fams

One day, I woke up to a man's voice in my room saying my name, twice. It wasn't the voice of any males in my household. My door squeeks loudly if it opens/closes, so I looked around and saw no one. The first time he said it, I opened my eyes and was about to go back to sleep. The second time, I opened my eyes and looked around. I so no one. (Both name calls were like just a couple seconds apart)

Did the Imam of my time, may peace and blessings be upon him, wake me up for morning prayer?

Peace.

Edited by thuglife

May peace and blessings be upon you and your fams

One day, I woke up to a man's voice in my room saying my name, twice. It wasn't the voice of any males in my household. My door squeeks loudly if it opens/closes, so I looked around and saw no one. The first time he said it, I opened my eyes and was about to go back to sleep. The second time, I opened my eyes and looked around. I so no one. (Both name calls were like just a couple seconds apart)

Did the Imam of my time, may peace and blessings be upon him, wake me up for morning prayer?

Peace.

The Imam isn't your morning alarm.

Every other explanation is possible but the Imam, he doesn't come down, he is in occultation, he especially wouldn't come down just to wake you up.

Sorry to disappoint but it is better if you base your belief on Islamic logic and teachings rather than pointless superstition.

• Advanced Member

The Imam isn't your morning alarm.

Every other explanation is possible but the Imam, he doesn't come down, he is in occultation, he especially wouldn't come down just to wake you up.

Sorry to disappoint but it is better if you base your belief on Islamic logic and teachings rather than pointless superstition

But people do meet the Imam. There are stories of him interacting with people in his occultation.

His goal in life is to serve Allah swt. If he woke me up to pray, he would be bringing someone closer to Allah swt.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Why do you think one who has waked you up is Imam???

peace be on you and your fam

At the time, I was really looking at ways to meet him and get closer to Allah, and I was doing some amazing good deeds without regard to how people looked at me, only thinking about Allah swt's opinion. If Imam Ali as has the reputation of never refusing someone's request, his Lord, the Glorified, would be even better. And the people who are pious need him but not as much as people who stray from the path. He's the leader of my time.

It just felt like it was him. I would pray 2 rakats for his safety and peace.

And to the guy who said it's pointless superstition: I think perhaps you might have envy in your heart, trying hard to discount and belittle such an event.

• Advanced Member

Nothing strikes me as extraordinary or unimaginable about your experience brother. If you're a pious person with a pure heart and a sincere mwali of the holy household, I wouldn't question the imams ability or wish to look after his followers, even if this task would involve waking up a believer for prayers.

Nothing is stated in our ahadeth that says that the imam wont/cant meet with believers during the major occultation, quite contrary major scholars describe encounters with the imam, although the theme condition throughout these stories is that you don't realise it's him (a.s.) until after he's gone.

Dont let the skeptics bother you,

Salam

• Advanced Member

Salam

I know that it is possible for people with strong faith, that the angels wake him up for morning prayer.Before sleep one needs to recite three times surat al kawthar.So i think it was an angel rather than the awaited Imam af.Wa Allahu alam

Edited by mina313

• Veteran Member

I agree with StrugglingForTheLight.

Your post, ThugLife, reminded me of a personality questionnaire asking, "do you hear someone calling you"?

I forget what a "yes" answer indicates.

You were dreaming I guess.

But people do meet the Imam. There are stories of him interacting with people in his occultation.

His goal in life is to serve Allah swt. If he woke me up to pray, he would be bringing someone closer to Allah swt.

People do think they have seen the Imam but they are lying yet they think they are telling the truth, the whole point of the major occultation is that he won't meet anyone and no one will be able to contact him, these are the Imams promise, that he won't contact anyone, if he did then he would be contradicting himself. thats the whole point of the ghaibat.

peace be on you and your fam

And to the guy who said it's pointless superstition: I think perhaps you might have envy in your heart, trying hard to discount and belittle such an event.

I don't have envy in my heart, just telling the truth to those who are ignorant of it. Such events happen, where people think they met the imam but they haven't, it is just a dream, if you go to bed thinking about something, there's a high chance you will dream about it. if you eat a lot of salt before going to bed, you will dream of water.

Also, to be able to recognise the Imam, you will have to have seen him before, how did you know that the man you saw was the Imam, I guess you will say that you just felt it, but its not true, you are not a lyer but you are also not telling the truth, you are lying but without knowing it.

Edited by Sayed Faridoon Taha

• Advanced Member

Sayed Faridoon Taha

(Salam)

(Bismillah)

I remember reading a hadith that said, during the occultation imam (as) will only meet with very special people.

Ur talk both about Major and minor occultation. After the 4 special Representative Imam will still have representatives and they will be very special people. And I am not saying he heard the imam(as) most probably its a dream. Oh and an interesting hadith

“The Holy Prophet has said, ‘Whoever likes to wake up at night, at the time of going to sleep should say, “(In the name of Allah) O Lord, do not allow me to ignore Your anger, do not allow me to forget speaking of You, do not make me of the careless ones, so I will wake up at such and such hour,” Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, will assign an angel to wake him up at that time.’”

(Wasalam)

• Advanced Member

People do think they have seen the Imam but they are lying yet they think they are telling the truth, the whole point of the major occultation is that he won't meet anyone and no one will be able to contact him, these are the Imams promise, that he won't contact anyone, if he did then he would be contradicting himself. thats the whole point of the ghaibat.

I don't have envy in my heart, just telling the truth to those who are ignorant of it. Such events happen, where people think they met the imam but they haven't, it is just a dream, if you go to bed thinking about something, there's a high chance you will dream about it. if you eat a lot of salt before going to bed, you will dream of water.

Also, to be able to recognise the Imam, you will have to have seen him before, how did you know that the man you saw was the Imam, I guess you will say that you just felt it, but its not true, you are not a lyer but you are also not telling the truth, you are lying but without knowing it.

So who am I to believe, the ones on here and on the membar who say people can and do meet him or you who says it will not happen.

• Advanced Member

something like that happened to me once, i heard a lecturer say keep talking to ur imam even if u dont hear a response. keep saying salam daily one day u will hear a reply. and one day fajr prayer i could not wake up n i heard, come on wake up, come up get up, basically motivation to wake up. but im not sure if it a dream  of the voice or actually heard cuz i was half awake. so im not sure who or what it is.

also his voice could be there but not his physical presence.

Edited by Syed Hussain

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam) brother,

Believe what your heart tells you, and do not be discouraged by the skeptics who try to rationalize every little thing they cannot comprehend. Qur'an is full of miracles that Allah te'ala did to strengthen the faith of the believers, and in the lives of the Messenger of Allah  (pbuh) and the Imams  (as) there are also many things that cannot be explained away rationally.

But the whole concept of faith in God is to believe in the signs around you, and in the unseen world, as we are not capable of seeing Him and yet we testify that He exists in each prayer. That is what is asked of us right in the beginning of the Qur'an, in Suratul Baqara: true believers believe and testify that there is the "invisible" God, and the unseen worlds, the angels and so on. The core of any faith is never rational, that is the whole point and that is where we are different than the non-believers - if God were here for everyone to see, what would be the point of non-believing or who would need the Books and the Messengers?  But some of us have their inner doubt and that is why they vehemently oppose any kind of (what they perceive as) irrationality, as though the Qur'an was just a book of law, or a compilation of historical stories, and nothing more. It must be very sad to live in such a small and black-and-white world... No miracles, no heart warming stories of triumphs of faith over the rational ego, that move your heart and make the tears flow out of gratitude and faith... 

Also, the instances where the Hidden Imam  (as) was seen by people of faith are numerous and well documented - remember the story of how Majid Jamkaran was built by the order of Imam  (as) himself.

I have also seen in one of the posts here on SC a video, where Ayatullah Bahjat (qas) tells the story of one of his friends seeing and conversing with our beloved Imam, may Allah te'ala make us his sacrifices. But also many "normal" believers are reported that they have encountered him, and he  (as) never said that no one ever shall be able to see him during the major occultation, only that he shall not have any regular representatives like those during the minor occultation.

I do not know what you heard and if that was real, but if it makes your faith firmer and stronger, and makes you feel closer to the Imam  (as), then it cannot be wrong. 

Kindest regards,

Amina

Edited by Amina

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam) brother,

Believe what your heart tells you, and do not be discouraged by the skeptics who try to rationalize every little thing they cannot comprehend. Qur'an is full of miracles that Allah te'ala did to strengthen the faith of the believers, and in the lives of the Messenger of Allah  (pbuh) and the Imams  (as) there are also many things that cannot be explained away rationally.

But the whole concept of faith in God is to believe in the signs around you, and in the unseen world, as we are not capable of seeing Him and yet we testify that He exists in each prayer. That is what is asked of us right in the beginning of the Qur'an, in Suratul Baqara: true believers believe and testify that there is the "invisible" God, and the unseen worlds, the angels and so on. The core of any faith is never rational, that is the whole point and that is where we are different than the non-believers - if God were here for everyone to see, what would be the point of non-believing or who would need the Books and the Messengers?  But some of us have their inner doubt and that is why they vehemently oppose any kind of (what they perceive as) irrationality, as though the Qur'an was just a book of law, or a compilation of historical stories, and nothing more. It must be very sad to live in such a small and black-and-white world... No miracles, no heart warming stories of triumphs of faith over the rational ego, that move your heart and make the tears flow out of gratitude and faith... 

Also, the instances where the Hidden Imam  (as) was seen by people of faith are numerous and well documented - remember the story of how Majid Jamkaran was built by the order of Imam  (as) himself.

I have also seen in one of the posts here on SC a video, where Ayatullah Bahjat (qas) tells the story of one of his friends seeing and conversing with our beloved Imam, may Allah te'ala make us his sacrifices. But also many "normal" believers are reported that they have encountered him, and he  (as) never said that no one ever shall be able to see him during the major occultation, only that he shall not have any regular representatives like those during the minor occultation.

I do not know what you heard and if that was real, but if it makes your faith firmer and stronger, and makes you feel closer to the Imam  (as), then it cannot be wrong. 

Kindest regards,

Amina

Salam,

Thank you,

I would say that it actually is rational at the core of our beliefs. If you can find a thread I started called the concept of time, it would show you a few things.

For example, think of something that burns a lot of fuel, like a car engine. Now think of something that burns fuel much slower, like a lighter. Now think of something that burns fuel very slowly, only a few molecules at a time-- your body. It's not a continuous bright flame, but it literally is burning. Do have a controlled burn like that is amazing. It would have a Designer. I mean, every Bic lighter would need intelligence to exist. Now imagine lighters that can heal on their own if damaged-- and make copies of themselves-- what an invention right? Look at the human being, which does both.

Peace.