Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
IFK

Islamic Healing, Reiki, Etc. For Cancer?

Rate this topic

As salam alaikum..

First of all, Eid Mubarak to all!

I have some very urgent questions..for a momin cancer patient..

We want to know if Reiki can be done? I learnt Reiki before I was a Muslim, and another nonMuslim friend is willing to remind me of some of the things for this person...but is it islamically allowed? Not going to use the symbols...but just the idea of energy as a healing....do we have that in islam? And can I do healing on this person using this idea?

I know some stuff is there in irfaan...and I would love to get to the depth lf irfaan, but unfortunately I also have a masters thesis going on right now..so inshaAllah after that....but meanwhile I need help on cures for this person...

It is very advanced...and we have done a surgery and now doing chemo..have also changed lifestyle n diet dramatically by removing sugar, red meat, dairy etc...n few other things...ofcourse lotssss of duas, zam zam water, soursop, spirulina and similar natural herbs...

If someone can tell me...can she do reiki on him from a distance?is that allowed?or is there any specific ruling against it completely?

any other proven islamic/irfaan methods as well that can help side by side with conventional treatment would be great...

I was very against chemo due to the bad side effects n low success rates, but due to the aggressive nature of the cancer, this was needed....so I need some help on maintaining the immune system and helping in curing this while the chemo buys us time..

I know its possible..ive seen stories where people heal...and we have the faith...ofcourse at the same time we know its all Allah's wish at the end of it, but we would like to give it out best, with whatever we can offer in conventional medicine, natural, alternate, and ofcourse religious..

Any help or rulings would be greatly appreciated..

JazakAllah

Edited by IFK

I had reiki done on me before by a cousin in pakistan because of a kidney stone attack, he told me to use mental images while he did his energy healing thing. I did notice a little decrease in pain, but i don't really know if this stuff even works.

But is it allowed in islam?thats my main point...whether it works or not Allahu Alim...ready to try anything n everything, as long as its halal..

Salam..

Is it possible to kindly provide any information on the rulings please? As this is urgent and we would like to start the healing asap. I understand using energy and prayers seems okay..but Reiki speicifcally?

JazakAllah

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Salam..
Is it possible to kindly provide any information on the rulings please? As this is urgent and we would like to start the healing asap. I understand using energy and prayers seems okay..but Reiki speicifcally?
JazakAllah

Can you go more into detail what one has to do for reiki?

Lets use our logic and see whether or not it is halal or not.

If it involves praying or asking anyone besides Allah (swt) and his appointed ones/or Allah (swt) alone then I would presume it is shirk. I have a suspicion it might involve idolatry, but that's just a hunch. It's also very likely we can find information on this matter from hadith.

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Can you go more into detail what one has to do for reiki?

Lets use our logic and see whether or not it is halal or not.

If it involves praying or asking anyone besides Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì and his appointed ones/or Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì alone then I would presume it is shirk. I have a suspicion it might involve idolatry, but that's just a hunch. It's also very likely we can find information on this matter from hadith.

No it does not involve anything calling upon other entities etc.

It is the opening of channels from your soul to the soul of the one you want to heal...there are Japanese symbols (meaning bright white light) and similar which are used to open the channel, and you mentally direct universal healing energy to the person's soul....usually as white healing light...

Many people believe it works genuinely - it involves opening the channel to another dimension, healing the person through that dimension by visualizing the cleansing of their chakras, and that will manifest itself in physical healing....but you don't call upon anything, or ask your soul to do any thing...nothing at all..

It was explained to me as "the soul already exists and interacts with another dimension usually, like how it leaves the body when we sleep, so in the same way, you are USING that ability of the soul to heal using energy" ofcourse there is no proof, but my family and friends have been doing it and it has helped them a lot (all nonMuslims, but they do it on Muslims also..but i wanted to confirm) Its similar to making an intention and visualizing the pain/ tumor leave the body in a sense...but with symbols that open these channels for a while to speed up the process...my only confusion is the use of the symbols....it has no meaning apart from being associated with increasing healing...

It sounds really weird but people who have been into meditation and similar holistic healing techniques would understand how it works....its not just random mumbo-jumbo haha..Whatever I found online, Muslims practice this by using Allah's names in the process, and begin with that intention...can possibly do it as an intention of Allah's noor healing the person maybe?

I'm not mujtahid but I would consider it halal because it doesn't entail anything contradictory to Islam, even if it isn't part of our tradition. I was listening to a scholar speak about meditation to help build concentration in prayer and he said, "Why can't we learn from the Hindus?" Seemed like a priceless quote.

On the other hand, do try some of the Quranic remedies found in Tibb al A'imma too. And al Fatiha as that is a very powerful sura.

No it does not involve anything calling upon other entities etc.

It is the opening of channels from your soul to the soul of the one you want to heal...there are Japanese symbols (meaning bright white light) and similar which are used to open the channel, and you mentally direct universal healing energy to the person's soul....usually as white healing light...

Many people believe it works genuinely - it involves opening the channel to another dimension, healing the person through that dimension by visualizing the cleansing of their chakras, and that will manifest itself in physical healing....but you don't call upon anything, or ask your soul to do any thing...nothing at all..

It was explained to me as "the soul already exists and interacts with another dimension usually, like how it leaves the body when we sleep, so in the same way, you are USING that ability of the soul to heal using energy" ofcourse there is no proof, but my family and friends have been doing it and it has helped them a lot (all nonMuslims, but they do it on Muslims also..but i wanted to confirm) Its similar to making an intention and visualizing the pain/ tumor leave the body in a sense...but with symbols that open these channels for a while to speed up the process...my only confusion is the use of the symbols....it has no meaning apart from being associated with increasing healing...

It sounds really weird but people who have been into meditation and similar holistic healing techniques would understand how it works....its not just random mumbo-jumbo haha..Whatever I found online, Muslims practice this by using Allah's names in the process, and begin with that intention...can possibly do it as an intention of Allah's noor healing the person maybe?

This might be a problem. Considering how Jinns use symbolism and other objects to (unlawfully) travel between our world and theirs.

I do not think Reiki would be approved by the Prophet (sawaws) due to the fact that if he wished to heal someone, he would use supplication; not going to the non-muslims and asking for their philosophies and their supposed "energy healing" techniques.

If you're really serious about saving the patient, change your life to the best of your ability to adhere to Islam. Wear a ring of aqeeq and pray to Allah, and try to be on your salah.

If that is difficult (admittedly, it is) your last resort should be whatever treatments they have at the hospital.

Meditation, yes. Anything without recitation of mantras is okay

What are you basing that on? a mantra is basically a repetition of a word or sentence used to subdue the chatter of the mind; as long as youre not using polytheist mantras its not obvious why there would be a problem (?)

What are you basing that on? a mantra is basically a repetition of a word or sentence used to subdue the chatter of the mind; as long as youre not using polytheist mantras its not obvious why there would be a problem (?)

Depending on where the mantra came from, who it came from and how it originated. Don't forget many of these practices were mystical and some of them were used for different types of worship. So for precaution, anything with mantras shouldn't be used, just to stay safe.

Depending on where the mantra came from, who it came from and how it originated. Don't forget many of these practices were mystical and some of them were used for different types of worship. So for precaution, anything with mantras shouldn't be used, just to stay safe.

Yes i agree its best to be careful, but I know, for instance, that Buddhists use mantra or chants that are not connected to theist/deist beliefs; although i think the tradition of mantra does come from Hindu traditions, many of the mantras have nothing to do with Hindu beliefs. If you think about it Dhikr is very similar; the repetition of the phrase simultaneously controls the activity of the mind and focuses the mind on Allah and his attributes or the seeking of forgiveness etc.

Yes i agree its best to be careful, but I know, for instance, that Buddhists use mantra or chants that are not connected to theist/deist beliefs; although i think the tradition of mantra does come from Hindu traditions, many of the mantras have nothing to do with Hindu beliefs. If you think about it Dhikr is very similar; the repetition of the phrase simultaneously controls the activity of the mind and focuses the mind on Allah and his attributes or the seeking of forgiveness etc.

There's even one Hindu writer who makes the point that anyone could use a mantra. Dhikr itself is essentially the same as repeating a mantra. He said that Muslims could use Allah akbar as a mantra, and could meditate on the Fatiha. This guy is from Blue Mountain if you want to look into him.

I've never used Reiki for healing but it is relaxing and I've had some non Muslim friends really helped by it. I wonder if it's one of those things you have to believe in to have it work, like a placebo effect.

No. It is based on scientific fact.

Facts > opinions

Not really. It's an opinion. Tests have been done to Monks in the Shaolin Temple through scientific methods, and science couldn't figure out why their bones or ribs doesn't seem to be cracking or destroyed after fatal blows.

I have done Qi gong before, and it is real. So I can come here and easily tell you that it is your opinion. Science can't prove everything. That's why many scientists are Atheists because they rely on science to prove god rather than logic. If it is not physical, they don't accept it.

There's even one Hindu writer who makes the point that anyone could use a mantra. Dhikr itself is essentially the same as repeating a mantra. He said that Muslims could use Allah akbar as a mantra, and could meditate on the Fatiha. This guy is from Blue Mountain if you want to look into him.

It's actually a Sufi method as well. I have seen a PDF of using Dhikr while meditating. I'll have to find it though. 

Edited by Ibn Al-Shahid

JazakAllah to all for this vibrant discussion...it looks like there are differences in opinion on these techniques not proven by science...I guess that's good...but do we have any Islamic fatwas on these?

To be clear, we are using all the medical options, natural remedies etc etc possible...but my question is specifically of any spiritual technique to complement the chemo and medication and herbal teas/ organic foods/ antioxidants etc..

Anything would be good...if there is any Islamic spiritual practice (I guess something related to Irfan), I would be more than happy to accept it..

I have friends and family who have been helped by Reiki bigtime as well..but they aren't Muslim...so I don't know if its allowed or not...

This is for a mo'min...unfortunately my family isn't Muslim so I'm not sure who to go to about anything that can help on the spiritual level...ofcourse the family is also doing duas and Jawshan Kabir and Zamzam water etc... so I would be happy to accept any such recitations and dikhrs as well that can help.

(salam)

I tried looking for Islamic quotations about these practices but found nothing.

I have read a few Qi Gong books (The way of the Qi Gong is one of them, the other I cannot remember since I'm not in my home town right now) and most of them talk about their own experiences with fighting cancer. One of them had a tumour that was in no way possible to be death with surgically, but after finding Qi gong, the size of the tumour reduced and was taken out of him.

There are a lot of practices, find what suits you. I personally promote Qi Gong (Chi Kung).