Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Gainzz

Christian Singer Honors Fighters In Gaza (Eng Subs

Rate this topic

Lyrics released by Al-Mayadeen can be found below:

الحق سلاحي

الحق سلاحي وأقاوم

أنا فوق جراحي سأقاوم

أنا لن أستسلم لن أرضخ

وعليكِ بلادي لا أساوم

بيتي هنا..أرضي هنا

البحر السهل النهر لنا

وكيف بوجه النار أساوم

سأقاوم

عدوّك يا وطني اندحر..عليك الكون ما قدِر

قاوم شعبي جنون الريح..تحدّى الخوف والخطر

يرحلون ونبقى..والأرض لنا ستبقى

ها نحن اليوم أقوى..أقوى من كل الملاحم

بيتي هنا أرضي هنا

البحر السهل النهر لنا

وكيف بوجه النار أسالم

سأقاوم

Like us: www.facebook.com/monitormideast

Edited by Haji 2003
music not aloud

Depends on ur marja, and not every kind of music is haram.

Thanks for sharing, I luv her and her songs for resistance in Lebanon and Palestine, may Allah t bless her.

Edited by mina313

Depends on ur marja, and not every kind of music is haram.

Thanks for sharing, I luv her and her songs for resistance in Lebanon and Palestine, may Allah t bless her.

Can you point out a scholar that says men are allowed to hear women sing? 

Music not allowed? What kind of strange policy is this? Let people decide for themselves if they click the play button or not.

And learn how to spell before you impose your (unidentified) marja's views down everyone else's throat.

Absurd censorship.

Edited by Gainzz

Sayyed Fadlallah r, if the singing is not considered arrousing.

Music is prohibited clearly by the imams [a.s]. How he gave such a fatwa is beyond me, as things like this shouldn't be played with. A ruling given that evidently from them [a.s] can not be ignored. Just see what his website tells us and let the people judge his reasoning:

The issue of music and singing has always been a subject of debate and discussion especially by our youth. Music can be divided into many genres and styles. It varies in accordance to culture, race, and even periods of time.  While some music is instrumental; composed and intended to be performed by musical instruments solely, other kinds of music include lyrical music, including a singing voice.

The issue has been extensively discussed by His Eminence, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah (ra). In accordance to his view, the jurisprudential ruling regarding music and singing takes into account the following titles: the melody and lyrics of the song. However, we tend to believe that the music, which does not stoke one’s instincts, nor lead to a state of trance, and which does not include sexually arousing themes, is considered religiously permissible.

Accordingly, classical music, and enthusiastic songs and soundtracks, which soothe one’s nerves, exhilarate his spirit, and lift his soul up, are permissible.

Jurists who claimed that music is impermissible based their view by referring to the lewd and dissipated (debaucherous) environment evoked by music.

Some argue that the impermissibility of singing is derived from the fact that it is accompanied with music. However, the impermissibility of singing is derived from the nature (or style) of music.  In case the song’s content or lyrics is impermissible, then it is a second impermissibility.

Certain jurists, such as Al Mulla Mohsen Al Kashani, claimed that the ruling regarding the impermissibility of music is based on the song’s lyrics, not music. However, the majority of jurists disagree with him. When examining the issue of music, we can see that it is all a matter melody. A song’s effect is derived from the melody, not the lyrics, even if the latter contains an impermissible content.

When it comes to using instruments, certain Hadith claim that using musical instruments is impermissible. However this Hadith refer  to using musical instruments in lewd environments.  Some scholars believe that it is absolutely permissible to use certain musical instruments, which happen to be used frequently in lewd environments. Nonetheless, we tend to believe that using such musical instruments is permissible, even if the instrument happens to be used in lascivious or libertine environments. 

When His Eminence was asked about his view on classical music, his answer was as follows: I do not have the required knowledge to distinguish the different genres of music. However, it is generally acknowledged that Classical music is the music that inspires sentimentality rather than lewdness and rapture. If so, then Classical music is permissible.

In cases of doubt as whether a certain melody is permissible or not, then the music created by this  instrument is considered permissible on the premise that everything is considered permissible until you know that is it impermissible.

The issue also extends to music played in weddings. Apparently, Hadiths that discuss the impermissibility of music exclude the issue of music in weddings, and do not mention anything regarding using musical instruments. Hadiths that imply the permissibility of singing in weddings are not subject to the restrictions that we have mentioned earlier. Certainly, the lyrics should not contain an impermissible content; however, it might be lewd, with a mirthful melody.

http://english.bayynat.org/FiqhLaws/Fiqh_Music.htm

As he even puts it clearly, he admitted that there are hadiths that prohibit music, but was able to sugarcoat the whole thing and say that it was only in those environments that it was the case. I would think twice before taking him seriously, many top maraji` have spoken against him harshly, and some have even said that it's prohibited to follow him (I agree with them, seeing these fatwas he has given). 

As for this song, there's nothing to suggest it's halal to listen to a woman singing like this. It being about the "resistance" in Gaza doesn't make it permitted. I kindly suggest the mods get rid of this haram music on here immediately, for the sake of God. It's the month of Ramadan, and people are fasting, we don't need to pollute the site with it.

may Allah t bless her.

May Allah not do that. :)

(wasalam)

Edited by Abe

Ridiculous.

Music is not prohibited in and of itself. Rahimpour Azghadi states that among most scholars, there is no clear-cut fatwa stating that all music is haram.

Iranian Basiji women are known to sing in public choirs. They sing for Al-Quds, anashid, etc.

Back to the real subject please.

Salam

This is according to his ijtihad:

"However, we tend to believe that the music, which does not stoke one’s instincts, nor lead to a state of trance, and which does not include sexually arousing themes, is considered religiously permissible."

Other scholars have their fatawa according to their ijtihad..I don't see a problem.And there are a lot of maraji who allow at least women to listen to womens voices, when it is not considered lahw.

According to Imam Khamenei h womens singing in choir is allowed.And single women voice is allowed to listen at least for women...as far as I know

Edited by mina313

Iranian Basiji women are known to sing in public choirs. They sing for Al-Quds, anashid, etc. 

So you are deciding whether something is permitted or not, based on what the Iranian Basij women do? 

Music is not prohibited in and of itself. Rahimpour Azghadi states that among most scholars, there is no clear-cut fatwa stating that all music is haram.

Really? 

Sayyed Sadiq al-Shirazi:

Question: Is music Halaal or Haraam in Islam?

According to the clear hadith from the infallible Imams (as), Music is Haraam. On this basis, the Fatwa (decree) of Ayatollah Imam Muhammad Shirazi is that Music is Haraam. This includes listening to music, playing musical instruments, and buying or selling such instruments. Any kind of music, which would be in the category of being "moving" music, is Haraam. Furthermore, the music that could be categorised as "not moving", but played by the same or similar instruments, is also Haraam. In short, music is Haraam whether or not it could be categorised as "moving". Along the same line, the "music of the human voice", i.e. singing, even without the playing of musical instruments, is also Haraam. This is so, to the extent that even if the Qur'an is recited in a "singing" manner, this action is regarded as Haraam. Needles to say, in Islam one is encouraged, according to many hadith, to recite the Qur'an in the "best manner" to the extent that the listener would be touched by it, and that listening to this recitation would create humility in one's heart before Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. But this is different from when one is "singing" the Qur'an. It may be asked, "How do we differentiate between the singing of the Qur'an and the recitation or TILAWAH of the Qur'an?" The answer is this is determined by the 'URF which is the "common definition amongst the public" or the "general consensus". If the recitation of the Qur'an is seen as "recitation" and "TILAWAH" then it is Halaal, and if it is seen and regarded as "singing", then that singing of the Qur'an is Haraam. Some may call the sound of sea waves, waterfall, willowing wind, etc. to be music. If this is the case then this kind of "music" is Halaal! Provided that it is not accompanied by the conventional singing or the playing of conventional musical instrument(s).
Question: My niece is going to get married soon and her husband’s family want to have music and songs in the wedding ceremony. Can I go just to sit with my niece or it’s haram.
It is Haraam for you to go and sit with your niece in the wedding ceremony knowing that music will be played. In fact, it may even be your religious duty before Allah to practice "Nah-y ‘An-el-Munkar" – which means to forbid evil - by reminding the future in-laws of your niece of the Haraam nature of music, and they should therefore refrain from allowing music to be played during the wedding ceremony. If they persist on doing so, you could arrange with them that music be stopped for a period of time - say half an hour - so that you, and others like you, could participate in the wedding ceremony for that period and then leave.

Question: Is music without vocal allowed like classical music listening at home?

Classical music is also Haraam.

Question: Can I listen to music alone or with my husband?
Listening to music is Haraam, whether you are alone, or with your husband.

Question: What about listening to a form of music called Qawwali in sub-continent?
Qawwali music is also not allowed.

Question: What about the music used during war times and the National Anthem?
If the music during war times is produced using the musical instruments, then it is not allowed. The music of the National Anthem is also Haraam.

Question: Can children be allowed music in school, I mean music used in rhymes, poems in school learning, is that allowed?
It is Haraam to allow children to listen to music in school. To use rhymes in school learning is allowed but WITHOUT music.

Question: What type of listening music is allowed in Islam?
All types of music are Haraam in Islam.

.I don't see a problem.

Well, the problem sure is there.

(wasalam)

Edited by Abe

Notice how he claims one of the greatest scholars in the Shi'i world is 'sugarcoating' with his ijtihad.

What a black heart and waste of mind.

Brother, have you read anything about the rules on music, or are you just mad at me for speaking? If you read what the imams [a.s] have said regarding music and singing, you would not be accusing me of having a black heart and a waste of mind. Please, I advise you learn more about the subject. And as I have mentioned, I am not the only one who says this about Fadlallah, even some top maraji` accused him of that, and you're not in the position to criticize them, when clearly they know what they're talking about. 

(wasalam)

Edited by Abe

I don't see a problem, cause Sayyed Shirazi is not my marja, and my marja does not forbid all kinds of music.

Ok, that is fine. But it's just something to note that the imams [a.s] have prohibited it. There are some exceptions that can be mentioned from hadiths (Nasheeds with musical instruments are not exceptions), but to make exceptions without proof should not be done. 

(wasalam)

Edited by Abe

Lol. I can't believe this - why don't Shee'ah have Orthodox beliefs now? Why are our beliefs becoming more 'modern'?

May Allaah (s.w.t) Protect Sayyed Saadiq al-Shiraazi (h.a).

One aspect would be the belief that political affiliation or support to a certain organization can give anyone - even an undressed Christian woman who sings - credibility. She's respected by a lot of Shia`as, because she sings in honor of the "Resistance", so by some means, it became halal to do that if it is in support of them. Anyone who has basic fiqh knowledge would know that it's not allowed, but somehow today many Sheikhs and maraji` have not addressed this. Probably, as I said, because of the political support she gives them. May Allah [s.w.t] protect all honest scholars. I have great admiration for any scholar who can be as truthful as Sayed al-Shirazi here, even with the extreme pressure coming from the western-style "modern" Muslim apologists. 

(wasalam)

Edited by Abe