Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
FisherKing

Car Repair/maintenence Tutorial Thread

Bismillah

Salaamalikum

For anyone else who's a car enthusiast or loves fixing engines like myself, or just wants to learn and be aware, I made this thread so that we can all share our knowledge and expertise in this field. iA we can all benefit.

Ws

You ever had "service engine soon" warning light on in ur car? if you did then what was the problem?

That would depend on the type of car and mileage. My obvious guess is that it would be an Oil change but its hard to tell. Sometimes they come on randomly as well.

I have a car whose manufacturer is out of business (Saturn). The key-less alarm doesn't work. I changed batteries but nothing. It used to work. What can I do?

If its not the remote battery then its a fuse inside the car. Should check the fuse box?

I finished for a car mechanic, but lets say only the basic knowledge. I worked a bit like a student in a service, but not long enough to become a pro.

Whenever I drive the handbrake sign appears on the dashboard, even though the handbrake isnt engaged. The sign comes and goes, and mostly appears when I break. Its been like that for the past few months. How bad is it?

If the handbrake isnt engaged then the light signal wont make a problem. It can be that the sensor or or the little lever that is moved when the handbrake is risen, is broken.

But when one talks about his problem with his car, he should tell what model is it so people can know what to say.

I finished for a car mechanic, but lets say only the basic knowledge. I worked a bit like a student in a service, but not long enough to become a pro.

If the handbrake isnt engaged then the light signal wont make a problem. It can be that the sensor or or the little lever that is moved when the handbrake is risen, is broken.

But when one talks about his problem with his car, he should tell what model is it so people can know what to say.

It can also mean you have bad brakes?

some good tutorials :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWeu9XGR95c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2K3UeuPoVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0UtIZ2q1R4