Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Need Some Real Men To Help A Sister

Rate this topic

insha

• Advanced Member

Salaam alaikum bros,

I am here to ask you guys to help.  I started a gofundme site for my wife's friend.  This poor sister converted to Islam with her husband who was nothing but scum other than helping her become Muslim.  He nearly destroyed her faith in Islam; it was only because of the kindness of a few REAL Muslims that she did not blow Islam off entirely.

This sister really needs help.  She has come a long way, but still has a lot further to go.  Oh brothers, please step in and be the man that her husband was not and make dua that she stays firm on the deen. 

Please do this in remembrance of the month of Ramadan!

http://www.gofundme.com/bzg22w

Jazzak Allah khair

PS: This is sadly the fate of many sisters who convert to Islam in the USA.... they are led to it by a man who chooses to manipulate it to his own ends.  :(  What can we do as Muslims to stop this?

• Moderators

I have sympathy for her, but without further information/outside verification I am reluctant to part with my scarce and hard-earned money. Can you provide links to, say, news articles or police reports? How about her given name? Does the lady have a blog or anything where she speaks for herself?

I've never heard of states handling crime in this way, but having never been or known a robber I might be unaware. Can you also tell us what state, and maybe reference statutes?

• Advanced Member

I have sympathy for her, but without further information/outside verification I am reluctant to part with my scarce and hard-earned money. Can you provide links to, say, news articles or police reports? How about her given name? Does the lady have a blog or anything where she speaks for herself?

I've never heard of states handling crime in this way, but having never been or known a robber I might be unaware. Can you also tell us what state, and maybe reference statutes?

I understand where you are coming from. But we as Muslims should not doubt what another Muslim says unless we know for certain it is false. If you donate and it is a true story, then you get thawab. If you donate, and it is a false story - your intentions for doing good still allow you to get thawab while the liar will be punished in the afterlife.

• Moderators

I understand where you are coming from. But we as Muslims should not doubt what another Muslim says unless we know for certain it is false. If you donate and it is a true story, then you get thawab. If you donate, and it is a false story - your intentions for doing good still allow you to get thawab while the liar will be punished in the afterlife.

Ok, fine.  I am not as trusting as some people.

I'm not a real man anyway - I'm an old woman.  This charity request doesn't apply to me.

However, others less outspoken than me might be more likely to contribute if the story can be verified.

Beware people, just because she is asking for a "real man" to help a poor sister out, doesn't mean you know her and have to trust her. Don't think you are the knight in shining armour helping a damsel in distress, it could all be non-existent.

I smell something very fishy, pay at your own risk.

Sister OP why don't you seek help from real people in your life? you must have family, relatives, friends who can donate?

• Advanced Member

ASA all,

First I should point out I am a brother lol, as I stated this is for my wife's friend.

I could provide an article to verify, but they use a "mugshot" of the sister and forced her to remove hijab, and do not cover all the details of the event.  It merely says that she was arrested with the rest of them for the crime.

I for my part have done a lot to help the sister; I helped get her a job and a place to live, but I have my own family to support as it is. 

You are spot on.  I used to wonder the same thing when I saw people panhandling for money where I live... I wondered if they would spend it on the haram.  But then I remembered the generosity of the Imams with beggars and don't give it much thought these days, I just give when I can and hope for the best.

If you brothers have FB or other social media, would you mind sharing the link, even if you have nothing to donate? 

I understand if you have reservations, and if you do, it is ok.  Allah is sufficient and will provide for us all.  Thanks to those who already donated to the cause!

Bless you all

• Advanced Member

Just to update, we are 0.58% complete with the fundraiser.  Insha `Allah this will be successful and the sister will be not be burdened by the fear of imprisonment.  The sister suffers from several mental health problems which she is being treated for, and this will greatly alleviate much stress.  Thank you all!

• Advanced Member

Just to update, we are 0.58% complete with the fundraiser. Insha `Allah this will be successful and the sister will be not be burdened by the fear of imprisonment. The sister suffers from several mental health problems which she is being treated for, and this will greatly alleviate much stress. Thank you all!

Salaam

Please share contact details of probation officer.

It never says how much money she needs either in fundraising article nor in your post.

Your cover up for details is only making it less credible.

May Allah help her

• Advanced Member

Salaam

Please share contact details of probation officer.

It never says how much money she needs either in fundraising article nor in your post.

Your cover up for details is only making it less credible.

May Allah help her

Wa alaikum salaam,

I cannot provide contact details of the officer because a) I don't know his name and b) he wouldn't be allowed to speak on the matter anyways since it is prohibited for him to discuss his business with her to strangers.

The amount needed is stated on the page, $2600. 

I don't appreciate you insinuating that I am trying to cover up details, it's quite rude and offensive, not the manner of the Imams.  May Allah curse me if I am a liar!  May Allah curse me if I am a liar!  May Allah curse me if I am a liar!

And may Allah bless those whose generosity does not make them think twice!

• Advanced Member

Wa alaikum salaam,

I cannot provide contact details of the officer because a) I don't know his name and b) he wouldn't be allowed to speak on the matter anyways since it is prohibited for him to discuss his business with her to strangers.

The amount needed is stated on the page, $2600.

I don't appreciate you insinuating that I am trying to cover up details, it's quite rude and offensive, not the manner of the Imams. May Allah curse me if I am a liar! May Allah curse me if I am a liar! May Allah curse me if I am a liar!

And may Allah bless those whose generosity does not make them think twice!

Don't get emotionally excited brother.

I asked for details because my intention is to help.

If swearing helped, court would release her.

I'm not implying that you're lying, you assumed it yourself. I merely asked for facts before helping.

Trust is a good thing when facts can't be corroborated not the other way round.

May Allah help you.

• Advanced Member

No worries, it's easy to misconstrue things that are written rather than spoken. 

I changed the title of it to make it more clear, and included the total needed to pay it off.  Thank you for your input brother.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...