Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Gibrael

Assad Haters

Rate this topic

(salam)

I'm not educated at all on this topic. All I know though, is that aside from the past few years, I've never heard of anything bad from him. I've never heard of murder, oppression, etc. I've actually heard that his country's economy was improving, people were happy. I've heard this from a few Syrians. Can one of you people that hate him explain to me why he's the devil and give me only facts please. Thanks

(salam)

Assad's regime has killed and imprisoned about a dozen of my relatives, most of whom were teenagers, and none of whom have ever carried a weapon.

why would he arrest your relatives does he arrest shiites too?

Assad has killed and imprisoned about tens of thousands of wahabi takfiris from all around the world.Most of them were shia haters and had hatred for Ahlulbayt (AS) in their heart.

Assad is not a guy we all look forward for having qualities of just and fair ruler.no doubt about that.

Assad's syria is far better than takfiri's syria.

Edited by evoGermany

(salam)

Yet all I've seen from people is allegations. "He slaughters", "He kills", "He arrests", "He oppresses". I am not talking about the current conflict the past few years because anyone of us that had to deal with fighting a foreign enemy inside our countries would have to do an ugly job, and probably arrest innocent people, kill innocent civilians inadvertently. War is ugly and no army in the world is so strong in might that they can go in and pinpoint enemies with zero casualties of civilians. Can someone show me these atrocities that he commited before this current foreign war, so that he would have all these fighters flocking into Syria to get rid of the "slaughterer"?

Qaim- I understand its very personal to you but can you be objectionable and see where they arrested to sift through all the young males that could be fighters? Do they live in the areas that the terrorists are fighting from? Were they killed when they were next to these terrorists? Did you have family members killed before 3 years ago by Assad?

(salam)

Edited by Gibrael

Assad's regime has killed and imprisoned about a dozen of my relatives, most of whom were teenagers, and none of whom have ever carried a weapon.

Just because they were teenagers and never carried a weopon doesn't mean they never committed a crime.

why would he arrest your relatives does he arrest shiites too?

He arrests criminals regardless of faith or race.

Yes. PressTV and other propaganda channels want to make him look like an Angel, he's just an oppressive unjust dictator.

false I think your an oppressive and unjust dictator to yourself and your home.

Just because they were teenagers and never carried a weopon doesn't mean they never committed a crime.

He arrests criminals regardless of faith or race.

SubhanAllah! You prefer to take conjecture over the word of your brother in faith, in order to defend a tyrant? I think brother Qa'im knows better whether his relatives were criminals deserving of death better than you.

SubhanAllah! You prefer to take conjecture over the word of your brother in faith, in order to defend a tyrant? I think brother Qa'im knows better whether his relatives were criminals deserving of death better than you.

Why do you choose one side of the story over the other? Also I don't believe he's a tyrant. If he is then majority of the Syrians are because the majority of Syrians reelected him and support him. As for the last point I'm almost positive that President Asad does not give orders to arrest innocent people just for the sake of arresting innocent people. So many members on on this site are so naive that its really sad to see. I know a lot of Syrians who love him and would die for him what makes brother Qaim more honest and truthful more then them? ( side note that's not why I believe he's not a tyrant, thru my research I'm so convinced he's not a tyrant that I'm ready to go to judgment day with that fact). Is his regime perfect far from it but which regime is perfect in this world? Syria is the only country in the world that doesn't have a national debt. Health care and education is free. People from my country go to Syria to get treated for free all the time. Economy is ok. The only crime they did is they are part the Axis of resistance Against the US and Israeli project in the middle east. The support the palastanien cause which if you look at the history of the middle east anyone who did that Israel tried to take out or destroy. Its all politics it has nothing to do with religion. Edited by Martyrdom

He's one person.

Qa'im is one person.

Just because he's Syrian we have to treat everything he says as the gospel?

Imagine if I was the only Iranian here, and every time someone disagreed with me I would say "well I'm Iranian so I know everything about Iran so you're wrong and I'm ending the discussion right thurrr."

So no, when we have a mountain of information about Syria and we have respected ulama (more than just "brothers in faith") saying a certain stance, we are not obliged to overturn this stance based on the statements and perspectives of one person (regardless of whether he shares the same religion as us or not).

Note I am not calling him a liar or even saying his perspective is wrong. It's just limited.

About half of my cousins were arrested in the aftermath of the 2009 Iranian presidential elections. Does this make their political stance correct? Has this affected my opinion on the matter? Should this affect yall's opinion on the matter? No.

When we're talking about a major conflict with high international stakes -- especially the Syrian conflict -- there are at least a billion different individual perspectives. Getting bogged down in one perspective will not help you ascertain the truth of the matter, it will only limit you. For example, I know a guy who worked at an election HQ for one Mirhossein Mousavi and ended up spending about a year in solitary confinement at Evin. Now he's a political refugee here in the states. I am certain he and his family have suffered a lot. And for sure, he has lost all of his possessions and is forced to live the remainder of his life as an exile. But that doesn't make his initial stance correct, nor does it change certain political realities.

Sayyed Hassan said about the Syria conflict: we must not get lost in details. And this is a very wise advice, especially in the information age. An injustice against this or that individual/family does not change the overwhelming political reality.

The political reality is that Assad is the lesser of two evils right now, which is what I'm guessing the `Ulama are basing their opinions on. Have they said that Assad is a just leader? Just because Sayyid NasrAllah and Khamenei support Assad in this war, it doesn't mean he isn't a tyrant, or that there aren't injustices committed in Syria.

As for the person you said was put in solitary confinement for a year, do you really think that is a proportional response to what he did?

I don't like his last name. It seems like his daddy's name 'brought' him the position.

The Islamic terrorists are of course worse than Assad so both of the sides are not very good. 

The Sunnis in Syria should have their own 'secular' or whatever government they desire without this 'proxy' war.

Edited by Gypsy

It's sad that I haven't even stated my current political views, yet I am being asked if my relatives were criminals or terrorists, or associated with them in any way. It's sad that I need to say, but: No, these weren't criminals. Most of them were at the wrong place at the wrong time - like driving to do a highschool exam, and being profiled and snatched by checkpoint militias. In some areas, your age, gender, and sect is enough to warrant an arrest. Of course, there's never a trial, and you are almost always tortured. Some relatives were luckier, alhamdulillah, and were released from prison under "bail" (ransom). Others were not so lucky, and their families weren't notified until months later.

And for the record, ISIS is worse than Assad. But the enemy of my enemy is not my friend. He is the enemy of my enemy - nothing more, nothing less.

How do we know Assad was reelected fairly? We're there observers present? The same case can be made about Hosni Mubarak or Ali Abdullah Saleh and others.

Also Assads father was an enemy of Hezbollah and didnt like them. He bombed Hama and killed many innocents in the process.

He may be better than the takfiri foreign mercenaries but doesn't mean he's necessairly a good guy or that we should brush aside any fair criticism of him or his father.

Assad has killed and imprisoned about tens of thousands of wahabi takfiris from all around the world.Most of them were shia haters and had hatred for Ahlulbayt (as) in their heart.

Assad is useful to the Shias because he's killing the nasibis? So you are suggesting we all accept Assad cheerfully because he's doing the dirty job of killing the takfiri?

Don't you see how much misery the Syrian war is bringing to the regular folks in Syria who really don't deserve all these in the first place.

He never started the war but he will finish it. The one hundred plus countries with US as their ring leader declared war on him and because the majority of Syrians didn't abandon him and specially specially the army willing to die for him they all failed. How people blame someone defending himself against people conspiring against him is beyond belief.

Why do you choose one side of the story over the other? Also I don't believe he's a tyrant. If he is then majority of the Syrians are because the majority of Syrians reelected him and support him. As for the last point I'm almost positive that President Asad does not give orders to arrest innocent people just for the sake of arresting innocent people. So many members on on this site are so naive that its really sad to see. I know a lot of Syrians who love him and would die for him what makes brother Qaim more honest and truthful more then them? ( side note that's not why I believe he's not a tyrant, thru my research I'm so convinced he's not a tyrant that I'm ready to go to judgment day with that fact). Is his regime perfect far from it but which regime is perfect in this world? Syria is the only country in the world that doesn't have a national debt. Health care and education is free. People from my country go to Syria to get treated for free all the time. Economy is ok. The only crime they did is they are part the Axis of resistance Against the US and Israeli project in the middle east. The support the palastanien cause which if you look at the history of the middle east anyone who did that Israel tried to take out or destroy. Its all politics it has nothing to do with religion.

Loool everything you just said can be said of Saddaml Just change Assad to Saddam.

Loool everything you just said can be said of Saddaml Just change Assad to Saddam.

lool no it cant stop embarrassing yourself with these comments. Your losing your credibility so fast on this site that its going to be very difficult to regain it. Once you stop seeing the world as black and white, shias and non shias, us against the world, you will never understand the reality of what's happening around you. President Asad is an Ally of Iran. Saddam fought Iran for 8 years. Presedint Asad defeated all his enemies especially US by not going anywhere and staying in power. Saddam his army abandoned him and was found picking his nose in a cave somewhere. Tyrants fall because of two things. One the majority of the people hate them and two the army. And since presedint Asad did not fall is enough proof that the majority love him and his army did not abandon him. The army is made of the people so if the people hate him the army will too. I can go on and on but I want to leave you with some hope to regain your credibility.

lool no it cant stop embarrassing yourself with these comments. Your losing your credibility so fast on this site that its going to be very difficult to regain it. Once you stop seeing the world as black and white, shias and non shias, us against the world, you will never understand the reality of what's happening around you. President Asad is an Ally of Iran. Saddam fought Iran for 8 years. Presedint Asad defeated all his enemies especially US by not going anywhere and staying in power. Saddam his army abandoned him and was found picking his nose in a cave somewhere. Tyrants fall because of two things. One the majority of the people hate them and two the army. And since presedint Asad did not fall is enough proof that the majority love him and his army did not abandon him. The army is made of the people so if the people hate him the army will too. I can go on and on but I want to leave you with some hope to regain your credibility.

Lol, me losing credibility? You're the Assad fan. Clearly, most of this page agree he's a tyrant.

— President Asad is an Ally of Iran. Saddam fought Iran for 8 years. —

Let me refresh your memory - HAMAS was also an ally of Iran.

— Tyrants fall because of two things. One the majority of the people hate them and two the army. And since presedint Asad did not fall is enough proof that the majority love him and his army did not abandon him. —

It's called State Propaganda. Ba'ath Party do that alot. Hitler will tell you alot about this, since his army only surrendered when they were about to lose. Oh, and the 'majority' loved him.

Looool.

Lol, me losing credibility? You're the Assad fan. Clearly, most of this page agree he's a tyrant.

— President Asad is an Ally of Iran. Saddam fought Iran for 8 years. —

Let me refresh your memory - HAMAS was also an ally of Iran.

— Tyrants fall because of two things. One the majority of the people hate them and two the army. And since presedint Asad did not fall is enough proof that the majority love him and his army did not abandon him. —

It's called State Propaganda. Ba'ath Party do that alot. Hitler will tell you alot about this, since his army only surrendered when they were about to lose. Oh, and the 'majority' loved him.

Looool.

. Wrong again do you stay stuff and quickly get on your knees and pray that its right or something because I really don't have to say much, most people who follow politics on a regular basis know your an amature in this field. As for credibility most of shiachat thought he will fall in the first week 3 years ago and he didn't loool. What happend now huh? talk to me. Me and several other members were the only ones saying for three years straight he's not going anywhere. And believe me we weren't guessing. Secondly let me refresh your memery Hamas is still an ally of Iran. Do you even watch the news on a daily basis check the latest news. And lastly I can tell your arguing for the sake of arguing because I say things that happened already and everyone knows it happened but your so blinded that your like in a dark room instead of just lighting a candle to see your trying to beat the darkness out of the room. Edited by Martyrdom

He never started the war but he will finish it. The one hundred plus countries with US as their ring leader declared war on him and because the majority of Syrians didn't abandon him and specially specially the army willing to die for him they all failed. How people blame someone defending himself against people conspiring against him is beyond belief.

That is completely not true. Anyone who followed the initial events that took place in Syria back from January 2011 until July 2011 when the FSA was first formed by defectors from Assad's army acknowledges that it was Assad who sparked the initial violence which triggered the Syrian revolution. It was Assad that initially responded violently to the protests held against him that first started in January of 2011. In fact, these initial protests did not call for the fall of the entire regime in the beginning of the revolution, but rather, were peaceful calls to demand reform, end of political corruption and the release of hundreds of prisoners unrightfully arrested and detained by Assad's forces. They were the exact same ones in Bahrain. Bahrainis if you recall from the beginning of their revolution, initially were only calling for reforms to take place in the beginning of their revolution, and did not officially change their stance by calling for the entire regime change and the disposal of Hamad until the sectarian Bahraini forces backed by Hamad and Saudi aggressively repelled their protests and triggered the unrest in the entire country. The same chain of events occurred in Syria. Also in Syria, public gatherings formed against the government violates Assad's constitution, and hence, any protests are responded aggressively by the state, as it was witnessed.

Had Assad's army not responded aggressively to the peaceful protesters, opened fire directly at them and imprisoned them unrightfully, then the FSA wouldn't have even formed in the first place, because initially, the FSA, before it was hijacked by foreign and Syrian Takfris, their members constituted of mainly defectors from Assad's army who refused to open fire directly at the protesters and hence, stood up with the protestors against Bashar. Moreover, It wasn't until after the people had enough of Assad's aggressive response to their peaceful calls that they officially called for the regime to fall entirely, just as what was witnessed in Bahrain.

With that being said, to claim that the majority of the Syrian people adore Bashar and his father is false and merely baseless propaganda. I remember hearing similar baseless claims made by Sunnis that were against the Bahraini revolution who tried to defend Hamad and argue that the Bahraini revolution was a sectarian agenda planned by Iran to take over Bahrain and that the majority of Shias in Bahrain are treated fairly and justly by their government, when in fact, that is far from the reality. You have one side arguing that the Syrian revolution is a Zionist-Wahabi agenda, while the other side arguing that the Bahraini revolution is a sectarian agenda used to hand over Bahrain to Iran. Both sides parrot the same propaganda coming from the oppressors that they try to defend.

How do we know Assad was reelected fairly? We're there observers present? The same case can be made about Hosni Mubarak or Ali Abdullah Saleh and others.

Also Assads father was an enemy of Hezbollah and didnt like them. He bombed Hama and killed many innocents in the process.

He may be better than the takfiri foreign mercenaries but doesn't mean he's necessairly a good guy or that we should brush aside any fair criticism of him or his father.

In regards to the elections, the Zionist Sisi, after the disposal of Morsi apparently won the Egyptian elections with 97% votes. I think that should speak enough on how much authentic voting systems can be in post-totalitarian states like Egypt and Syria included.

As for the Hama massacre, 35000-40000 people died from the bombings done by Hafez Al-Assad عليه لعنة الله ,when he was fighting the Muslim brother hood. Most of the casualties done by the bombings were significantly much more innocent civilians than Takfiri fighters. Hafez used the same approach in dealing with the rebels that Saddam Hussain عليه لعنة الله used in responding to the anti-government fighters during the 1991 intifada which claimed the lives of 100000+ Iraqi civilians and Mujahideen fighters.

You're statements are irrelevant. The majority of Saddam's army that fought in the Iran-Iraq war and in Kuwait constituted of Shia soldiers, with only a minority of Sunni being republican guards. Yet, in 1991, when the South rebelled against Saddam, he was still successful in regaining power.

Wa'alykom Al-Salam.

Edited by Al-Najashi

Why do you choose one side of the story over the other? Also I don't believe he's a tyrant. If he is then majority of the Syrians are because the majority of Syrians reelected him and support him.

(salam)  brother. 

You need to turn off the official Syrian news channels, al-Manar, Press TV, and all other channels that propagate him to be an angel, and watch something else. It isn't all "lies" like they tell you. In fact, there are probably more lies coming from the pro-Asad side than the so-called "opposition". You don't believe he's a tyrant because you think in a one-sided state. In other words, you think that every single organization or government that is on the side of the "Resistance", is good and should be supported, whereas all organizations or governments opposing the "Resistance", or speaking against it in any way, shape, or form, are bad and agents of the west and what not. That is the typical division that ignorants like to picture politics as, so then they neatly divide political factions and speak highly of anyone who is sided with them, even if he is a tyrant. When we come to reality, Asad is a president of a secular Ba`thist regime. Religiously, there is no way supporting that kind of a person is allowed, let alone fighting alongside him and calling that jihad for the sake of God, making haram songs and "nasheeds" in his honor, putting up pictures of him, and then compounding the stupidity by saying that he has the sword of Zulfiqar, the nonsense we all know from his kind. There's no doubt that those Syrians who supposedly elected him, are far misguided. This should be good for you to read:

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد بن خالد، عن أبيه، عن عبد الله بن المغيرة، عن عبد الله بن مسكان قال: سمعت أبا عبد الله (عليه السلام) يقول: إياكم وهؤلاء الرؤساء الذين يترأسون، فوالله ما خفقت النعال خلف رجل إلا هلك وأهلك.
From some of our companions, from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Khaled, from his father, from `Abdillah b. al-Mughira, from `Abdillah b. Maskan, he said: I heard Abi `Abdillah[a.s] say: "Beware of these leaders who lead, for by Allah, no heels (people) will tread (following) behind a man, except that he perished and perishes. "

عنه، عن أحمد، عن سعيد بن جناح، عن أخيه أبي عامر، عن رجل، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) قال: من طلب الرئاسة هلك.
From him, from Ahmad, from Sa`eed b. Janah, from his brother Abi `Aamir, from another man, from Abi `Abdillah[a.s], he said: "Whoever seeks leadership (or presidency?) he has perished". 

Unless you're someone who sells your religion to buy Asad, that's your problem. I will stick to the teachings of al-Islaam and not corrupt political parties or governments.. 
(wasalam)
Edited by Abe

. Wrong again do you stay stuff and quickly get on your knees and pray that its right or something because I really don't have to say much, most people who follow politics on a regular basis know your an amature in this field. As for credibility most of shiachat thought he will fall in the first week 3 years ago and he didn't loool. What happend now huh? talk to me. Me and several other members were the only ones saying for three years straight he's not going anywhere. And believe me we weren't guessing. Secondly let me refresh your memery Hamas is still an ally of Iran. Do you even watch the news on a daily basis check the latest news. And lastly I can tell your arguing for the sake of arguing because I say things that happened already and everyone knows it happened but your so blinded that your like in a dark room instead of just lighting a candle to see your trying to beat the darkness out of the room.

That's even better. HAMAS being Iran's ally further proves my arguement, since my arguement was, being an ally of Iran does not mean that you're good.

We remember the position of HAMAS on Syria, don't we...? ;)

Edited by DaBeast313

Please notice that the wars started in Syria, Iraq and Ukraine are because of gas or oil ressources, now do a research which companies and gouvernments have interests in these ressources and then talk about "uprisings" which Assad, Maliki or pro russian-Separatists "shoot down".We have to see the whole complex and its sick imperialist and kapitalist rulers.

Start herehttp://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2013/10/is-middle-east-oil-a-curse.html#

Edited by mina313

Whenever there is a topic about the support for Assad, there are always people here with legitimate reasons for being anti-Assad... while others just take the 'holier than thou' route with nonsensical one-liners that prove absolutely nothing.

Anyway, I don't understand why some people actually say he Bashar is a good person. He is an oppressor, a tyrant, a Ba'athist. Does this mean that I don't want his side to win the war? No. I blatantly say that I want him to win the war, even if he is the lesser of the two evils. This does not mean I support him, but it also does not mean that I am indifferent in regards to the war, because even though I am living hundreds of kilometers away from the war, it is directly influencing our brothers and sisters in faith of those lands.

Most of us want him to stay in power because he is fighting those who want to kill us, but why don't we have the same approach for the Saudi family? If we want Bashar to stay in power because the Takfiri barbarians would slaughter our people on those lands if they came into power, then we should also want the Saudi family to stay in power to protect the 5 million plus population of Shi'a living in Saudi Arabia. After all, who would any of you expect to take over if Aal Saud falls? So many of these filthy terrorist groups are comprised of mostly Saudis who leave their homes to fight in Iraq and Syria, I would expect them to return home and fight for Medina and Mecca at the first chance they got. First they would probably kill the Shi'i living in Mecca, Medina, and Riyadh, then head out to Eastern Qatif to kill us where we are in majority. But whenever we call for the Saudi family to fall, I wonder as to who are we calling for their replacements? This is why I want both Assad and the Saudi family to stay in power, because if they fall, the Shi'a of these lands will be massacred. But this does not mean I support them. I try to be as consistent as possible with such views, but might have made some bold statements here that I might take back if responded with a reasonable argument. (This position may as well be retracted in the future.)

Also, I get quite irritated when people bring up the crimes of Hafez al-Assad to demonize Bashar. Who in cares about what Hafez did anymore? We have nothing to do with him, it's his son we should be evaluating and not his lineage.

Also, brother Al-Khattati on another thread stated an interesting hadith from Imam al-Sadiq [a]: "A person who is able to distinguish between two acts of goodness and two acts of evils so that he could choose the greater act of goodness and the lesser evil." (The rule of choosing the lesser evil applies when confronted by two evils and there is no third option. To save oneself from either of the evils has to be chosen. In such an eventuality, the lesser evil is adopted.) So the question arises: Exactly who is it that these people explicitly calling for Bashar's fall want to takeover for him? Who is this third option they would like if they neither support Bashar nor the Khawaarij? Name them!

Lastly, there are many examples in our history of good people siding with their enemies to achieve good purposes. Whenever Amir al-Mu'mineen was asked for advise from the second usurper, he assisted him for the betterment of Islam, not to help the caliph's rule. When Mukhtar al-Thaqafi fought Yazid's armies, he had to join forces with the likes of ibn al-Zubayr (later turned enemy). Also, did not RasulAllah advise his sahabah to seek help from the Christian king of Abyssinia to save their lives? So why can't the Shi'a of today seek help from Bashar to save their lives? I applaud IRI and its allies 100% for their choices to choose sides in this war.

Long story short, I don't think if any of us Shi'a were living in the Nubl or Zahra districts of Aleppo, Syria would not want Bashar in power, the safety of our people is the foremost priority, even if it means seeking help from the likes of Bashar.

Edited by Jaabir ibn Hayyan

The problem isn't whether on not Assad is a tyrant and oppressor or not. The problem is everyone keeps saying he is a tyrant and oppressor but noone ever gives any proof. This person and that person says this and that is not proof. 

Certain brothers and sisters might say he did this and that too my family. Well first of all, i doubt he personally did it himself, as in physically.

Secondly, more often than not government officials as in police do stuff that the government itself did not order, and more often than you think, they get away with it. Just look at all the police brutality incidents in USA for example. Imagine how many go without anyone hearing about it. You can't say the American government is a tyrant based on this. 

Thirdly, i have brothers and sisters whom are shia who say he is not a tyrant and not a oppressor. So if I'm going to be a fair muslim, i can't take a brothers word over another brother, I have to be presented real facts that prove to me that he is a Tyrant. He might be incompetent about controlling his officials, that i can agree with and i've seen proof of this. But i'm yet to see hard evidence that the guy is a tyrant and oppressor. 

... But the enemy of my enemy is not my friend. He is the enemy of my enemy - nothing more, nothing less.

but Amir al-Mu'minin  (as)  had a different opinion:

وَ قَالَ ع‏ أَصْدِقَاؤُكَ ثَلَاثَةٌ وَ أَعْدَاؤُكَ ثَلَاثَةٌ

فَأَصْدِقَاؤُكَ صَدِيقُكَ وَ صَدِيقُ صَدِيقِكَ وَ عَدُوُّ عَدُوِّكَ‏ وَ أَعْدَاؤُكَ عَدُوُّكَ وَ عَدُوُّ صَدِيقِكَ وَ صَدِيقُ عَدُوِّک

Imam Ali  (as)  said:

your friends are three and your enemies are three:

as for your friends they are: your friend and the friend of your friend and the enemy of your enemy

as for your enemy, they are: your enemy, the enemy of your friend and the friend of your enemy.

I want my shia friends to consider the greater picture and put aside their personal issues and perfectionist ideals.

Edited by mesbah

Assad is useful to the Shias because he's killing the nasibis? So you are suggesting we all accept Assad cheerfully because he's doing the dirty job of killing the takfiri?

Don't you see how much misery the Syrian war is bringing to the regular folks in Syria who really don't deserve all these in the first place.

Assad is useful to muslim world(not only shias) because he is not a puppet of zionists and western powers.

Misery is caused by lunatics who have gathered from all over the world to fight.

in fact Assad is the guy who have shown resistance and saved syria.

If we were to discuss all the tyrants, oppressors, dictators, and those who are not perfect... then we should welcome 'armed rebellions' and killing/bombing in almost all countries around the world. I wonder why Assad is the only guy who needs to be punished and that by those who themselves are 10 times worse than Assad in all aspects?

Question yourself: Do you want your children, females and families to live under Assad or under ISIS? Because as of now there is only two options over there... and been there for the last past 3 years.

You want perfection? Let me know where you live? Almost in every country if there is two options only...one: ISIS and two: the government that now you live under, you better reject ISIS and prefer to live under whatever you have now... it is not only about Assad...

If the world goes perfect from the US to the UK, from Iran to India, or the African nations... then in that case we will pray for the fall of Assad as well...

Assad is just another ruler like 100s of nations who have similar rulers... but a bit friendly to the regional causes....where I don't see any reason whatsoever for us to pray for his departure so another brutal government will take over with 10 times worse and very-unfriendly to Shias, Iran, Iraq and Lebanon.

Qaim: Didn't we tell you 3 years ago that Hizb involvement was a must in Syria or else the Takfiris will march as far as Iranian border and as far as South Lebanon and will destroy every single Shia house in between...and will show no mercy to other Sunnis who disagree with them, and will oppress the religion minorities 100 times wore than the Syrian regime? Are you still asleep? Don't you follow the news? Didn't you see the new developments in Iraq and what your so called freedom fighters who oppose Assad are doing to the people of Iraq, Syria and can't wait to do the same in Lebanon (if they could).......? ? ?

Unless anti-Assad individuals cannot bring any evidence or proof that Assad himself (i repeat: himself) has done anythting oppressive, then I reccomend you sit yourself down. We need to look at who he is figting. So many rulers are either selling themselves and their dignity or bowing down to America and it's allies, we should thank Allah we have someone who has the guts to stand up, and fights terrorism for three years. Firstly, when goverments like Saudi and America are fighting someone, that means they are fighting hypocrisy, murder and most importantly, terrosrim. I understand some of the memebrs here have family memebrs under attack or have been, we should blame who did it to them. My cousins in iraq have been completely ignored and disrepsected by the Iraqi army when they went to volunteer, a fight broke and they went home. Even though i am anti- Maliki, i don't blame him for this particular issue. Secondly, sons of Omar are fighting him, whoever they fight, are on the right side. If not, then to a limited extent.

one of the memebers said above: "He is an oppressor, a tyrant, a Ba'athist." - I am confident enought to say the lineage
of Omar and Mu'waya alongside America will never fight someone with those characteristics. I assure you, follower of Ali (as).

Lastly, i think we should see what the majority of Syrians have to say, at the end of the day, they are the ones living there and fully acknowledging what is right and wrong in terms of the Syrian situation:

http://rt.com/news/163228-syria-presidential-vote-assad/

http://rt.com/news/163696-assad-win-president-syria/

Edited by PenOfTruth

My family went 6 years in a row to Syria I myself been 3 times (before civil war) my sisters wife could travel at night and be safe all the shrines were protected and the history of Syria now look at Syria with all these takfiri groups I knw who me and my family prefer!!! There was no genetically modified food no national debt free healthcare free education and lots of tourism so he done well for his country ..... Any updates about raqqa army base being taken over? Keep the Shias informed please!!

Edited by syed yusuf abbas