Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
triploli

Did Hazrat Ali Behead A Prisoner?

Rate this topic

A maulana on TV told a story about how during Ghazwa-Badr, Hazrat Ali beheaded a prisoner from AFTER the war ended, because he had is some way disrespected the Prophet pbuh (I'm guessing while the war was on) 

If someone knows if this is a legit story, then please let me know by giving some reference book/hadith. 

But if it's true, it contradicts another story, which says that once a man went off at Hazrat Ali, but he didn't 'go to battle' with him because that would make it personal. 

Now don't say he had to kill the prisoner because disrespecting the Propher pbuh wasn't personal. 

Also, a Christian friend of mine pointed out that Islam has promoted barbarism throughout times (nauzobillah) by going on wars, doing killing and bloodshed. I tried explaining that it was all in self-defense, but it got me wondering, have all the instances of killing in our history justified by some agreeable cause? Or do you think there have been examples of unjust murders?

Edited by triploli

I haven't heard of such thing. Imam Ali (a) from what I know wouldn't kill someone because they disrespected him. Wars outside the the time frame of Prophet such as those under Harun al-Rashid might have been unjust. But Harun doesn't really represent Islam. He just happens to be a corrupt Muslim. The wars under the Prophet (saw) and Ahlul Bayt (as) were justified and ordained by Allah (swt).

After Battle of Jamal , the guy who killed zayd b Suhan and Ilba b Haytham ( 2 companions of ALi) was captured wounded and killed according to one account.Would be nice if some other aco[Edited Out]s of the incident are shared.