Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

This Is Istimna?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

The build up of lust and no release causes the male organs to become extremely sensitive.

Istimna (masturbation) is absolutely haram.

This is difficult but one must ask!

would it count as masturbating if one sleeps face down, Imagines sex and reaches ejaculation without even touching oneself or moving and without intending ejaculation?

What happens to ones fast when this happens? and what one must do in this case.

One is very ashamed to ask this, so please don't make fun of one.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

would it count as masturbating if one sleeps face down, Imagines sex and reaches ejaculation without even touching oneself or moving and without intending ejaculation?

Sleeps and Imagines, or sleeps and dreams? If it happened while sleeping then it is ok. but if it happened while being awake and conscious then he could avoid that, if he didn't then, he can't blame anything nor anyone except himself. And count it as a sin

Bismillah

Seems to fit the definition.

mas·tur·ba·tion\ˌmas-tər-ˈbā-shən\noun:

erotic stimulation especially ofone's own genital organscommonly resulting in orgasmand achieved by manual or otherbodily contact exclusive of sexualintercourse, by instrumentalmanipulation, occasionally bysexual fantasies, or by variouscombinations of these agencies.

First use: 1603

What I found funny was your use of 'one'. Lol that's so cute and adorable. Who speaks like that?

Maybe it's less embarrassing than saying 'I or 'me' lol.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Sleeping flat on the stomach is disliked, as is lying flat on the back. The recommended position when sleeping is to sleep on the left side with the right shoulder facing qiblah.

Wallahu A'lam

wouldn't the right side face the roof?

btw, one did not stimulate oneself, only slept face down when trying to go to sleep, ones powerful imagination is enough when one is deprived of release.

So is this sinful?

• Advanced Member

^When awake you can get rid of your thoughts, if you are unable to do so go outside take a walk or drink a glass of water(if you do not do so you are blameable). While fasting your mind should also be kept pure from indecent thoughts and should be busy with zikr, every part of the body is supposed to fasts.

• Veteran Member

his fast is broken and he must do its qada and pay the kaffara (either 60 fast or 60 meals for 60 needy persons)

some marja believe if a person breaks his fast by a Haram act (Allah forbid) such "one" should pay a two fold kaffara; that is: 60 days fast + 60 meals for poors

however according to some marja, if he didn't use to reach climax in that way and it was his first time and he did not intend to reach that level and he did not know that he might reach ejaculation if he starts that, then the qada would be enough

http://www.islam-pure.de/imam/fatwas/practical04.htm#Masturbation While Fasting Or Not   question: 812

Edited by mesbah

(bismillah)

(salam)

Sleeping flat on the stomach is disliked, as is lying flat on the back. The recommended position when sleeping is to sleep on the left side with the right shoulder facing qiblah.

Wallahu A'lam

Bismillah

Wa'alaykum AsSalam,

What is the evidence for laying on ones back being disliked? You obviously mean only when sleeping I assume? Since it is said to be recommended after eating (ref: Tahrir al-Wasila, Sayyid al-Imam ra).

Also, the narrations that I've seen regarding sleeping positions say that the Prophets (pbut) slept on their backs while the believers are to sleep to one side (I forget left or right?).

I feel like it maybe possible to establish one side being recommended, but is it possible to prove laying on the back is disliked? Or is it just mubaah?

Edited by Al-Englisi
  • Veteran Member

(salam)

Sounds like a conscious and desperate effort to make oneself ejaculate. I'd call it some sort of masturbation - especially when you throw in the "sleeps face down", because that obviously has something to do with it.

I think you should sleep face down and imagine other things like maybe what will happen to us in the hell-fire or something. That might help in not being in this position.

Wassalam

• Forum Administrators

I think you should sleep face down and imagine other things like maybe what will happen to us in the hell-fire or something.

Always a great thing to do when trying to relax and fall asleep.  Like a calm lullaby in your own head. 

(salam)

Sounds like a conscious and desperate effort to make oneself ejaculate. I'd call it some sort of masturbation - especially when you throw in the "sleeps face down", because that obviously has something to do with it.

I think you should sleep face down and imagine other things like maybe what will happen to us in the hell-fire or something. That might help in not being in this position.

Wassalam

One sleeps face down because one is comfortable that way, have slept face down many times but this is the first time it resulted in ejaculation, also the imagining happens and there is no problem in that, it was not an effort to reach climax, one was simply trying to go to sleep, nearly asleep when out of nowhere it happened, it was not intentional at all.

So what happens to ones fast in this situation, do you call this sinful?

When paying Kaffara, I can't free a slave, so fast for 60 days, also feed 60 poor people: I can't find 60 poor people can I pay a poor man the equivalent of 60 meals or divide the price of 60 meals into 3 poor people? would that be accepted?

Or do I have to find 60 different poor people?

One should contact the office of one's marja'.

(salam)

Bismilah

According to Sayyid Sistani the joint kaffara is only for purposely killing someone, in breaking the fast out of a prohibited act, it is enough to either fast for 60 days or feed 60 poor people. You don't have to do it in your own country, you can feed 60 poor people in a poverty-struck country.

Regarding your questions, I don't know the answer, but they are very good questions and I would love to hear the answers to them.

www.sistani.org/persian/qa/01007/

Edited by Al-Englisi
  • Veteran Member

Ayatullah Khamenei:

Question 821: Is it sufficient to give a needy person the money to buy one mudd (750 grams ) nf food instead of giving him the food itself?

A: If you are sure that the needy person receiving the money will buy the food on your behalf and then take it as kaffarah, there is no problem in it.

as far as I investigated; it is a matter of consensus  among shia fuqaha that you cannot give one needy 60 meals. however if you have several kaffara (like if you, Allah forbid, did not fast several days of the blessed Month) then you can give 60 needy people several meals according to the number of your missed fast. even in this case you have to maintain the intention that for each single missed day, you are giving 60 meals to 60 needy, for the second missed day you are giving 60 meals to 60 needy and so on.

here is the Hukm from al-'urwat al-wothqa:

(مسألة 24): مصرف كفّارة الإطعام الفقراء إمّا بإشباعهم و إمّا بالتسليم إليهم كلّ واحد مدّاً و الأحوط مدّان من حنطة  أو شعير

أو أُرز (1) أو خبز (2) أو نحو ذلك (3) و لا يكفي (4) في كفّارة واحدة إشباع شخص واحد مرّتين أو أزيد أو إعطاؤه مدّين أو أزيد بل لا بدّ من ستّين نفساً نعم إذا كان للفقير عيال متعدِّدون و لو كانوا أطفالًا صغاراً يجوز إعطاؤه بعدد الجميع لكلّ واحد مدّاً (5)
 يجوز إعطاء كفّارة أيّام عديدة من رمضان واحد أو أزيد لفقير واحد فلا يجب إعطاء كلّ فقير مدّاً واحداً ليوم واحد.
Edited by mesbah

(bismillah)

The build up of lust and no release causes the male organs to become extremely sensitive.

Istimna (masturbation) is absolutely haram.

This is difficult but one must ask!

What happens to ones fast when this happens? and what one must do in this case.

One is very ashamed to ask this, so please don't make fun of one.

Stop Fantasizing. You are not allowed to even have "Evil" thoughts about a woman ... as it will inevitably lead to an act of Immorality or Zina. 

Also, PLEASE NOTE -- You are not having imaginary sex with an arbid woman. Your fantasy definitely has to involve someone you know or have seen. 

Eat some good sweetmeats in Ramadan :) it will ease out the tension Inshallah. :) :)

KEEP SMILING ALWAYS.

Pay these people; they will do it for you: www.world-federation.org 

Nah, I know many poor people myself, Also, do I have to tell people that it is kaffara, or can I pretend it is for something else but in reality it is kaffara?

Also is the kaffara, do I have to feed 60 people at the same time, or can I feed 1 person per day, and why do I have to find 60 different people, can't I just feed 1 person for 60 days?