Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShiaLuma

Games That Can Train Us For Jehad

Rate this topic

For me, I think Zelda games are good ways that we can use to train ourselves for Jehad. It makes us ready for when the time of Jehad comes by Allah's will and we have to use our swords to fight. You know Legend of Zelda does have you play as Link who has a sword to fight with and that will prepare us for when our Imam comes. Does that sound good. I mean Ocarina of Time,Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword seem like good sword training games that are useful to us Muslims before our Imam comes. I mean Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess both are very beneficial Zelda games that teach us sword fighting skills so that we can prove to the Imam that we're ready for sword fighting against enemies. 

How does anyone equate "jihad" with games?

Jihad is your personal nafs development in avoiding sin and serious personal faults.

The "lesser jihad" is about solving problems that require community action.

If ya wanna play army, try paintball  --of course if you are a teenager, the FBI will arrest you and send you to prison after another neo-Stalinist show-trial.

For me, I think Zelda games are good ways that we can use to train ourselves for Jehad. It makes us ready for when the time of Jehad comes by Allah's will and we have to use our swords to fight. You know Legend of Zelda does have you play as Link who has a sword to fight with and that will prepare us for when our Imam comes. Does that sound good. I mean Ocarina of Time,Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword seem like good sword training games that are useful to us Muslims before our Imam comes. I mean Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess both are very beneficial Zelda games that teach us sword fighting skills so that we can prove to the Imam that we're ready for sword fighting against enemies. 

2120-finn-wat.jpg

Edited by syeduddin

No! 

You'll need to have a sword (fake one), and then begin to fight etc. (if you believe in the Imam is going to fight with swords). Well, you can take a fight with your father.

Guys we shouldn't make fun of the thread starter. According to his self-introduction, he's 13 years of age. For all we know, he could be 100 percent serious and our responses are seriously hurting him.

I apologise to our little brother if my words  hurt him. Have a good day brother.

Belligerent Alert ... Belligerent Alert ...

Abu lzrael, post 8 wrote:  "Nice Try, NSA"

Yes, from out of the Cold War when everything is "a communist plot", we are now preoccupied with the 5 Evil-Eyes and their peeping-Tom perversions.

baradar_jsackson, post 16 wrote:  "...and our responses are seriously hurting him".  :lol:

Should we award him a Purple Heart or something.?

Is there jihad without pain or loss.?

Or even disappointment.?

:no:

And what does "13" have to do with it.?

I knew a now deceased woman who at 12 escaped Czechoslovakia, made her way to then Yugoslavia, joined Mihailovic's forces and spent years fighting both Nazis and Communists (Tito).

I knew a now deceased woman who at 12 escaped Czechoslovakia, made her way to then Yugoslavia, joined Mihailovic's forces and spent years fighting both Nazis and Communists (Tito).

Then She must have played Scape before.

No! 

You'll need to have a sword (fake one), and then begin to fight etc. (if you believe in the Imam is going to fight with swords). Well, you can take a fight with your father.

So you mean playing all this Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword won't help even though I am using a Wii Remote with Motion Plus attached. Is it not beneficial when I am doing the sword fighting with a fake sword.I think I see Zelda Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess as ways I can learn how to use a sword. At least when I swing the Wii Remote I feel like as if I was sword fighting and hey I feel it may be useful for fighting against our enemies right.

Laser tag is also fun. You can chase people.

Paintball.

Oo battleship.

Cops and robbers(we used to play that with walkie talkies when little lool) until one of us went missing but was really hiding and our parents flipped...

So you mean playing all this Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword won't help even though I am using a Wii Remote with Motion Plus attached. Is it not beneficial when I am doing the sword fighting with a fake sword.I think I see Zelda Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess as ways I can learn how to use a sword. At least when I swing the Wii Remote I feel like as if I was sword fighting and hey I feel it may be useful for fighting against our enemies right.

May Allah [swt] bless you young brother for at least having Allah and the Imam in remembrance. Not sure how many of us can say the same thing at your age.

No, no and no! When you're using your hands it's better. So, pick a sword or a stick, and try to fight. 

There is Hyrule Warriors for the Nintendo Wii U which is based off this game called Dynasty Warriors. It's a spin off of the Zelda series featuring Zelda characters. I guess the new Zelda that's coming on Wii U may have some nice swordplay elements. There is also even Pokemon in which there is always battling your Pokemon. Pokemon can teach a lot of skills like Strategy, Friendship and so much more and that's including both the Pokemon anime and the actual Pokemon games. There is even Prince of Persia.

The Prince of Persia series which has the titular Prince can give me great sword fighting skills. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a great classic. I could try Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and The Two Thrones. Even better the Wii version of POP: The Forgotten Sands and The Two Thrones (called Rival Swords) uses the Wii Remote motion controls for the Prince's swords similar to Link in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii version, not the original GameCube version) and even Skyward Sword except that there is no Wii Motion Plus. That's also beneficial. I only own the GameCube version of Sands of Time. I still need to go play Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for the Nintendo GameCube. Wind Waker was good. Toon Link can use a great amount of swordplay moves. Those can also benefit me.

The Legend of Zelda games like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword and especially the Prince of Persia games is what motivated me to make this thread about games that can train us for Jehad. I don't know but when I play Prince of Persia, the time of Jehad with the Imam of our time comes into my mind. It's that feeling that I get when I play it. I could say the same with those Zelda games.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 can teach one how to spin but it won't be practical during war unlike those two Zelda games that I mentioned.

Edited by pwwnd123

Bro, games are just entertainment. Some games are more cerebral, some are more mindless... but none of them will ever train you in war.

Maybe some of the much more dense, deep, text-based strategy games can teach you about strategy and that sort of thing. But learning about strategy is different from getting military training.

Bro, games are just entertainment. Some games are more cerebral, some are more mindless... but none of them will ever train you in war.

I know but they do help improve hand eye coordination. Pokemon can also be moral.

You should play lots and lots of badminton. It will give you cardio, sharpen your reflexes and perception and eye to hand coordination. That is most of the basic skills needed along with a punch of good old common sense to fight with either boomsticks or pointy sticks.

I have played Star Fox Adventures for the Nintendo GameCube for last couple of days but then I gave up on it. It can teach one how to use a staff as Fox McCloud knows how to use a staff in skillful ways. I did try the original Assassin's Creed. I played it on PC. All I can say is that I get this feeling of jehad in my mind when I played it. It has the exact same effect as Prince of Persia games and those 3D Zelda games. I know, I know games are just entertainment, but some games can have fun creative ideas of fighting the war and give me potential for war usage. I would have to say the Final Fantasy series is also good. It's the realism those games provide that just gives people like me that war like feeling. Maybe it's this modern day technology that gives out this feeling. It has given me this impression which is why I had to make this thread. Video games can provide a nice learning environment for this modern generation.

Here is a fun way that I found to fight a war. Using a hammer. The hammer can make a huge impact against the enemies. I got this idea from playing Paper Mario on N64 and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for the Nintendo GameCube. They were good RPGs on the N64 and GameCube respectively.

Edited by pwwnd123